Toast Travis Cloke - Selected to play Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Premiers Travis.

Let's win another one together.

Premiership winning All-Australian Travis Cloke joins the 2016 Premiers the Western Bulldogs on a 2 year deal.

The Premiers look forward to Cloke's Premiere.

We hope you can refind the magic to become one of the league's Premiere big men in the defending Premier's team.
Yes - I'm sure he will put on some ................
logo.png

Last edited:

As much fun as it is to have a proven KPF on the list, on current form Cloke isn't in our AFL side. He might earn it through the pre season but right now he's in the VFL off what he's shown this year.

Born: March 5, 1987 (now age 29)

The first match next year will be about March 5 when he will be 30 years old.

Jumper number 30 for a 30 year old.

Interesting side note that Deledio and Cloke are a month apart in age. One cost a first and third rounder, the other 76.

Just sayin'

Welcome aboard Trav, you'll do well.

Interesting side note that Deledio and Cloke are a month apart in age. One cost a first and third rounder, the other 76.

Just sayin'

That's a very good point. Cloke has a bad year and then becomes worth pick 76. And his salary is supposedly pretty cheap too. I thought we always needed a ruck/forward so Boyd could stay FF. but because Boyd killed it in ruck and resting forward, getting a full forward was a smart option. And someone if clokes skill for pick 76 is very very good.
I know Cloke played bad this year but don't think he was given much of a chance.
I am really excited about what he offers us. Our forward line is exciting

Just sayin'

One costs 500k/y for three years, the other 250k/y for two years.

It's also interesting how people say Trav's body is cooked when Deledio couldn't get out on the park for most of the year. I'm pretty happy with the one we've got, and we clearly need a CHF more than a classy flanker.

As the dust settles, it's really starting to feel like we nailed this trade period. Grab a potentially high quality player in a position of need very cheaply, lose an average player who we wanted to keep, lose a couple of others who we couldn't keep and upgrade some picks.

As much fun as it is to have a proven KPF on the list, on current form Cloke isn't in our AFL side. He might earn it through the pre season but right now he's in the VFL off what he's shown this year.
I think it won't take him long to earn his spot. I think there were a few issues at the Pies with him. He will be very good for the Dogs. He can get the ball alright, he just needs to kick accurately and he will.

Just say Cloke has a 40-50 goal season, that adds so much depth to your team..

Bring Crameri in as well and you guys could have a truly great season...

Indeed. This time last year I would have been worrying myself sick about our prospects, but I'm calm this year. A flag will do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything less than the Colman and 100 goals is a failure.

Anything less than the Colman and 100 goals is a failure.
I agree. We took out the VFL Grand Final, AFL Grand Final, Norm Smith, Coach of the Year and Runners up in the Rising Star.

In addition to what we won this year in 2017 we need the Coleman (Cloke), Rising Star (Williams) and Brownlow (Bontempelli).

Simple guys now let's get it done!

our forward line is not as congested as Collingwood's until stoppages to lock it in, i think Trav will have more opportunities with us if he is in a traditional one on one contest. I think Buckley and Hardwick will be sacked by the half way point of next season.

Not sure if it's intended or not but there's a real backhander in there for Collingwood FC and Bucks where he says one of the main attractions of the Bulldogs was playing at a club where everyone gells and plays "for Bevo".
I reckon it's intended to just be a compliment to Bevo, rather than a slight on Bucks. Bevo has been the coach of the year for two years running, has done amazing things with this group and it's clear to everyone that all the players love him. Regardless of what Cloke thinks of Bucks, it's easy to see why he'd be excited about playing under Bevo.

As is this. Him, Stringer, Boyd and Bontempelli in the same forward line.
Errrrrrmahhhhhhhgerrrrrrrd!

Goals won't be the most important factor for Cloke. He might kick a goal a game but it won't matter if he's able to bring the ball to ground inside 50 and be that extra marking option across half forward and to the wings which was often lacking this year. Too often this year players such as Smith, Picken and Stringer were marking options for long kicks but with Cloke along with Crameri it allows those other players to play a more natural role. Stringers at his best when there's vacuum created by other players leading hard up the ground and Clokes biggest strength is being able to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goals won't be the most important factor for Cloke. He might kick a goal a game but it won't matter if he's able to bring the ball to ground inside 50 and be that extra marking option across half forward and to the wings which was often lacking this year. Too often this year players such as Smith, Picken and Stringer were marking options for long kicks but with Cloke along with Crameri it allows those other players to play a more natural role. Stringers at his best when there's vacuum created by other players leading hard up the ground and Clokes biggest strength is being able to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep , I totally agree with that assessment . If Dickson , Stringer and Crammers kick between 35 - 45 each next season
( roughly there carrier average ) I cannot see Cloke Kicking any more then 30. Above that will be a huge bonus . I think the attraction by the club is his contested marking and for a big fella he can run . Whatever your own opinion is it's dam exiting to have him and I am sure after a Berveridge pre season he will fill the big shoes left by our premiership half forward Zaine :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back