List Mgmt. Travis Cloke (confirmed, he's requested a trade)

Remove this Banner Ad

All I know is the Dogs and Pies are comfortable with pay structure and trade terms (and the trade terms are minimal at best for the Pies). Its up to Travis to decide whether he wants to play for the Dogs or not. That I don't know.

The Pies are desperate to move him as they have big plans for the cap space (assume O'mara, but Im only guessing) and wont haggle over the trade itself. A pick upgrade or late 3rd/early 4th.

unless the pies land fyfe or omeara their will be a meltdown if the best we get is a 3rd or 4th.

I'm talking "leave Britney alone" scale.

All I know is the Dogs and Pies are comfortable with pay structure and trade terms (and the trade terms are minimal at best for the Pies). Its up to Travis to decide whether he wants to play for the Dogs or not. That I don't know.

The Pies are desperate to move him as they have big plans for the cap space (assume O'mara, but Im only guessing) and wont haggle over the trade itself. A pick upgrade or late 3rd/early 4th.

We can't get O'Meara without the draft picks. Cloke, Witts, Williams are our best bets. I doubt that with Swan, Caff & Toovey retiring and Cloke's salary being halved next year that $ would be more important than picks.

We've tried to force a structure/positional game onto Cloke and he hasn't adapted well to it. Clearly it's not just Cloke's issue, as the forward line structure has been poor all year with or without him. I would rather flip our thinking and build a system around Cloke and his strong marking game instead of forcing the system onto him. I think Fasolo, Moore, Elliott, Phillips are really smart players and could easily adapt around him.

Surely you are taking the P?ss.:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

We can't get O'Meara without the draft picks. Cloke, Witts, Williams are our best bets. I doubt that with Swan, Caff & Toovey retiring and Cloke's salary being halved next year that $ would be more important than picks.

Why were you having a ping at Hurley then?

The Pies are desperate to move him as they have big plans for the cap space (assume O'mara, but Im only guessing) and wont haggle over the trade itself. A pick

A pick upgrade alone doesn't seem worth it for how thin it will leave us at KPF. Lin Jong part of the deal too?

How do you know this? He was dropped for reasons that only the club and Cloke are aware of. He did say in an interview that he thought he had banked enough points to not be dropped. When someone relies on Thai argument, it's time to move them on. It's an aknowledgememt he hadn't been performing and wants special treatment. The fact is Bucks backed Cloke for quite some time. He protected him when all the crap was going on when he re-signed. The club has paid him well and gave him a very long term deal. Cloke is all about himself first and the club second. He will go because he wants an extended contract. The club that gives him 2 years or more is where he will go. The pies rightfully will not.

Things might become clearer if Jake doesn't get a game next week....

Cloke (and part of his salary paid by us) and Witts for Stringer and Jong with a shuffling of picks in Dogs favour to even it up?

Dogs get some salary cap relief (which they are reported as needing) and a tap Ruckman in Witts (who in most teams would be #1 ruck) which they also need. Pies get a semi Swan replacement (inside ball winner who can kick goals) in Jong and some KPF relief with Stringer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this to free up $250K you say. Bulldust.

Ok let's just stop the Stringer talk already. He won't be going

With Crameri coming back next year (and Dickson playing a similar role) could he be dispensable for the right price? Seems strange he hasn't been getting a game.

I'd prefer Stringer over JOM as he would give us something in an area we lack in. The midfield seems stacked as it is.

With Crameri coming back next year could he be dispensable for the right price? Seems strange he hasn't been getting a game.
Not strange, his form has been poor. Do you honestly think a coach + MC would drop a player because a coach and player may not get along?

Bev puts the team before himself.

Next year, I would expect to see trades heat up about Stringer, Bont and a few others.

I'm not sure an opposition supporter gets to dictate what we should or shouldn't be talking on our own board. Especially when one of his own is being just as fanciful...

I'm not sure an opposition supporter gets to dictate what we should or shouldn't be talking on our own board. Especially when one of his own is being just as fanciful...
Sorry buddy. Was talking about Cloke earlier, and somebody talked about Stringer so thought I would provide some input.

My bad, enjoy

Don't see how we are in the box seat. We are easing a former star out of the club. Based on being dropped this year 3 times and only playing at the end of the year because Moore was injured $400k is overs for Cloke currently. When you don't want a player and he is being paid overs it's likely you will have to pay part of his contract to be able to move him on.
400K is roughly AFL average wage, probably above it once you take out rookies on their first contract. Players like White and Casboult are on similar coin, so it's not like we're paying massive overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back