List Mgmt. Travis Cloke (confirmed, he's requested a trade)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, this all came to a head because Cloke and his Dad - for all intents and purposes basically extorted us.

To effectively demand that kind of money and only perform to an acceptable level for 1 out of the 5 years? Get the f**k out of here. This is what some don't understand, it's not necessarily Cloke's form in isolation that was the issue. People go through bad patches. It was the fact that we were paying him more than almost anyone else at the club COMBINED with the consistently poor form that pissed us off.

His errant kicking almost cost us a flag in 2010 and has cost us numerous games and momentum over the years. I loved Travis Cloke because when he was on, he was literally unstoppable. Not even a triple team could stop him at his best, but good lord if the gap between his best and worst wasn't one of the biggest in the AFL.

This is the best move for both Travis and the Club. He needs a fresh start and like Shaw, I wish him the best and legitimately hope he kills it at the Bulldogs because I think that under a coach he loves (Beveridge knows Cloke well) and with a fast moving team with elite disposal, Cloke could almost get back to his best and I wouldn't begrudge him that. I'd rather Cloke is killing it somewhere else, than taking up list and cap space doing nothing for us. Just like Shaw.
You obviously didn't see us against Freo.

Another classic case of the "chicken & the egg". The Club or the players fault??

Another one bites the dust......I watched the 2010 Grand Final the other day I had to explain to my two boys who most of the players were.
There would be none of the 2010 that I feel strongly about. It was time.
Cloke has a couple of years left in him, very different. Got to be more to this or maybe it is just about the $$$$.

The kids are finally going to be broken.

Daughter's two favourite players were - Cloke & Swannie
Son's were - Seedsman & Elliot who hasn't played all year
I had already prepared my grand-daughter, suggest Pendles or Sidearse as both have signed long term contracts.
Think Treloar, Adams and Aish will be keepers as well.

It was inevitable given that the club clearly was not going to offer Cloke an extension to the 1 year left on his contract. Obviously, there is another club out there willing to give him 2 years at good coin.

Probably a no brainer decision for him, especially since he must have some doubts about his form going forward.

I hope the relationship has remained amicable. If a suitable trade can't be met, then I'd like to think he stays and honours his contract. If we can get decent compensation in a trade, then we'll obviously take it. At least we seemingly have some bargaining power.

Needs a fresh start - good luck Clokey. Rather sad that Bucks didn't let him play in the 2nd's so he'd get a chance to play in the VFL's finals series.

There would be none of the 2010 that I feel strongly about. It was time.
Cloke has a couple of years left in him, very different. Got to be more to this or maybe it is just about the $$$$.

I posted the first time he got dropped it was about $$$$ now its the Cloke's doing the same $$$$$

Its just a business now sad..........but true.

As we have discussed Maggie everything I have been told is coming to fruition..........interesting times ahead!

Strap yourself in people its gonna be a bumpy ride!

With Crameri coming back next year (and Dickson playing a similar role) could he be dispensable for the right price? Seems strange he hasn't been getting a game.

I'd prefer Stringer over JOM as he would give us something in an area we lack in. The midfield seems stacked as it is.

Stringer's ceiling is higher than Crameri and Dickson combined.

Needs a fresh start - good luck Clokey. Rather sad that Bucks didn't let him play in the 2nd's so he'd get a chance to play in the VFL's finals series.

I would have liked to have seen that....."please trade me but i'll be playing reserves for ya this weekend..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted the first time he got dropped it was about $$$$ now its the Cloke's doing the same $$$$$

As we have discussed Maggie everything I have been told is coming to fruition..........interesting times ahead!

Not quite sure my ticker will be able to stand it and if like this decision it is one I won't like, I may join Dave with red next to my name.

package cloke and witts to the tigers for there number 1 pick doubt they will do it if they are going for prestia but hopefully he nominates someone else
If they're stupid enough to trade their first pick for Yarran, they might be stupid enough to trade for that...

Not quite sure my ticker will be able to stand it and if like this decision it is one I won't like, I may join Dave with red next to my name.

I don't blame you, I am feeling the same way to be honest.

By the way Dave will be back tonight :)

You obviously didn't see us against Freo.

Everyone is allowed bad games.

Hawthorn didn't exactly look themselves against us.

Keep in mind, truly s**t teams drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Never forget that.

Well i think it was plain to see that Cloke was halfway out the door when I saw the collingwood site this morning and it's reporting on the teams "circling" him. It had an "excuse my boot on your arse" scenario about it...

Thanks for the service Clokey! Along with Shaw, Daisy, Wellingham you'll always be a premiership hero.

My request to the Pies community... Can we not boo him when we play against his destination side next year? It is always so lame when we do.

What else have you been told?

What else is going to happen?

We won't get a first rounder for Cloke. Teams don't contrive situations in which they have to give up their first pick.

Expect he'll go to the Dogs, we'll pay part of his salary because we can, and we'll get their second rounder. Maybe there's minor shuffling of other picks on the side, but firsts won't be involved.

Thanks for the service Clokey! Along with Shaw, Daisy, Wellingham you'll always be a premiership hero.

My request to the Pies community... Can we not boo him when we play against his destination side next year? It is always so lame when we do.

Cloke won't be booed by Pies supporters... Daisy and Beams always will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back