Travis Johnston to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by jacqui9
Travis Johnston to Hawthorn for Nick Holland and Daniel Harford

Maybe Harford, not both.

Think the Dees need some speed through the midfield, Harford isnt the answer. Holland has one good year left in him. He wouldnt be worth the risk to another club to have him on their list.

I wouldnt want Johnstone at Hawthorn. 3-1 that he doesnt play at Hawthorn next year.

Originally posted by year of the roo
you must be a hawthorn supporter:rolleyes:

You must be a smart arse. .:rolleyes:

Its a rumour that originated from a Melbourne source, may or may not eventuate, probably not but it has still been thrown up in the last week.

I saw something today that would support this news Jacqui. Where did you hear this?

I don't really rate Johnstone because of his attitude, but we do need an outside midfielder with good skills. It also struck me as odd that Melbourne would be targetting Nick Stevens, as they have enough receiver types. With Port asking for 2 first round picks, something like this perhaps:

Hawthorn: Johnstone + Pick 9 + Baird
Kangaroos: Rawlings
Melbourne: Stevens + Guerra
PT Adelaide: Pick 10 + Pick 5

So the Hawks lose Rawlings and pick 10, but gain Johnstone, pick 9 and Baird (fair)

The Roos lose pick 9 and Baird, and gain Rawlings (win)

Melbourne gain Stevens and Guerra, but lose Johnstone and pick 5 (fair)

Port gain picks 10 and 5, but lose Stevens and Guerra (big win)

Originally posted by superstar
I saw something today that would support this news Jacqui. Where did you hear this?

I don't really rate Johnstone because of his attitude, but we do need an outside midfielder with good skills. It also struck me as odd that Melbourne would be targetting Nick Stevens, as they have enough receiver types. With Port asking for 2 first round picks, something like this perhaps:

Hawthorn: Johnstone + Pick 9 + Baird
Kangaroos: Rawlings
Melbourne: Stevens + Guerra
PT Adelaide: Pick 10 + Pick 5

So the Hawks lose Rawlings and pick 10, but gain Johnstone, pick 9 and Baird (fair)

The Roos lose pick 9 and Baird, and gain Rawlings (win)

Port gain picks 10 and 5, but lose Stevens and Guerra (big win)

change pick 10 to a second rounder (26)

Been reported on HawkHeadquarters that Johnstone was spotted down at Glenferrie this morning. Perhaps the Hawks are checking him over re fitness etc.

I'm sure all clubs do this to most possible trades, but anyway.

Originally posted by BigCat1
OK! :rolleyes:

Pick 5 for Stevens - OK, but would you give up a first round pick for Guerra?

Johnstone has talent and was originally drafted with a first round pick, however he has also been inconsistent and may have some bagage.

In effect Hawthorn would be giving up pick 10 to Melbourne for Johnstone, debatable - but Melbourne then passing that on for Guerra would be too much.

Originally posted by jj flash
Pick 5 for Stevens - OK, but would you give up a first round pick for Guerra?

Johnstone has talent and was originally drafted with a first round pick, however he has also been inconsistent and may have some bagage.

In effect Hawthorn would be giving up pick 10 to Melbourne for Johnstone, debatable - but Melbourne then passing that on for Guerra would be too much.

Yeah fair enough. The whole draft pick scenario could be worked out. Just showing how the hawks could possibly end up with Johnstone, and Melbourne with Stevens through the Rawlings deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 and 26 for Stevens -and- Guerra would be a total ripoff. 5 & 26 for just Stevens would be pretty ordinary.

Leave Hawthorn's picks out of it and give Port 5 & 9 instead.

Ummm at the Pies the key test is are they a 'quality person'? With Travis's problems, we would not touch him. I do not agree with this polilcy per se but what I think does not matter.

Originally posted by morgoth
Ummm at the Pies the key test is are they a 'quality person'? With Travis's problems, we would not touch him. I do not agree with this polilcy per se but what I think does not matter.

Good point, though if you can get them cheap enough and back yourself in to fix the problem it may be worth it in the end.

No chance

Travis tailed off this year but his 2002 was special. He will be back next year, and he is 23-24 years old

Harford is finished as an AFL footballer. And holland isnt far behind him

So someone tell me WHY WOULD THE DEMONS DO THIS TRADE?

Originally posted by superstar

ummm

how is that fair ?

Stevens - overrated and not worth pick 5. Guerra not one tenth the player then Johnstone is

Johnno is better than Stevens when he is on song. he is a matchwinner, Stevens isnt

U IDIOT!~

That was one of the h/sun's trade teasers!!!

DAMN FOOL, DONT WASTE OUR TIME!!

THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT GIVES US A BAD NAME!!

AS IF this would happen TJ IS NOT AVAILABLE, ESP FOR THOSE 2 HAS BEENS!!!

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

If Guerra for Johnstone was offered as a straight trade, I'd laugh at it. Give me Guerra every time.

Originally posted by chiliboy
U IDIOT!~

That was one of the h/sun's trade teasers!!!

DAMN FOOL, DONT WASTE OUR TIME!!

THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT GIVES US A BAD NAME!!

AS IF this would happen TJ IS NOT AVAILABLE, ESP FOR THOSE 2 HAS BEENS!!!

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

The Holland / Harford swap sounds a bit far fetched but......Travis was spotted at Glenferrie oval having a chat with Gavin Crosisca outside the weights room.

Will Hawthorn throw in year's supply of tape to hold Holland together?

Funny trade that one, a guy who could be good for two who were but are just about finished.

TJ was probably discussing the 7th at Sandwon with Gav.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back