Travis Varcoe joins the Dogs’ coaching staff

Remove this Banner Ad

My support, Mutt, except for the '..offended or troubled some other others (including me).. part. Confected outrage at offense. What would Ted, Charlie, Herb, Wally, even Doug in his sober more thoughtful moments, think ? That nonsense is what our ancestors sailed for 4 months on ships the size of the old U 19s dressing rooms to get away from.
Confected outrage???? Don't be so presumptuous as to know what I'm thinking.

This thread is being ruined unnecessarily and a mod is adding fuel to the fire.

Just delete the posts including this one and move on FFS

We have acquired a well-regarded and respected premiership winning player with over 200 games with successful clubs in great systems that can be a great mentor for all of our young players and not just JUH.

Not sure you have a complete grip on all the ancestors of BF
Good point, BL, transcendent and metaphorical. Survivors of the Famine, Gold Rush immigrants, escapees from the tragedy of post WW11 Europe (lucky Italians, that's another story and one I'm happy to engage in), the post 1945 waves or the more cautious if affluent recent immigrants from mainland China or the sub continent, all came here to escape poverty, oppression or better opportunity. Hasn't it paid dividends for them and us all ? Scrap Australia Day or Queens Birthday, pick a day when we can celebrate our familys' arrival at the Promised Land. The first world offence nonsense. Our ancestors, whenever or wherever, couldn't give 2 figs (my grandparents had them growing on their farm in, wait for it, South Australia).

Good point, BL, transcendent and metaphorical. Survivors of the Famine, Gold Rush immigrants, escapees from the tragedy of post WW11 Europe (lucky Italians, that's another story and one I'm happy to engage in), the post 1945 waves or the more cautious if affluent recent immigrants from mainland China or the sub continent, all came here to escape poverty, oppression or better opportunity. Hasn't it paid dividends for them and us all ? Scrap Australia Day or Queens Birthday, pick a day when we can celebrate our familys' arrival at the Promised Land. The first world offence nonsense. Our ancestors, whenever or wherever, couldn't give 2 figs (my grandparents had them growing on their farm in, wait for it, South Australia).
Let’s not forget those that were in this great land for tens of thousands of years

Let’s not forget those that were in this great land for tens of thousands of years

We shouldn't and don't. Google the first verse of the misappropriated Seekers song 'We are Australian' I'm urban born, dad and both grandfathers weren't, they all had day to day dealings with aborigines. Long gone. Nothing's changed. Pious words don't help.

We shouldn't and don't. Google the first verse of the misappropriated Seekers song 'We are Australian' I'm urban born, dad and both grandfathers weren't, they all had day to day dealings with aborigines. Long gone. Nothing's changed. Pious words don't help.
Not sure the seekers would be my go to for indigenous affairs sounds more like Alan mcalisters

Not sure the seekers would be my go to for indigenous affairs sounds more like Alan mcalisters

Who are ? I don't know, do you ? The Seekers got it part right, US & UK folk music influenced, inner Melbourne, private school educated Melbournians of the '60s, in my view the most insightful generation, you can throw more money at the programs, that hasn't worked since Federation. If you are fair dinkum about it, forget about bigfooty
(a) go on the road, waltz your matilda. Go to the Alice in particular;
(b) live with the outback Aborigines as did Tony Abbott (shh);
(c) come back to bigfooty and bellyache.

DM

Last edited:
Who are ? I don't know Do you ? The Seekers got it part right, US & UK folk music influenced, inner Melbourne, private school educated Melbournians of the '60s, in my view the most insightful generation, you can throw more money at the programs, that hasn't worked since Federation. If you are fair dinkum about it, forget about bigfooty
(a), go on the road, waltz your matilda;
(b)anguge and you can't trust interpreters)), perhaps the Chinese minorities, even better luck.

I don't know what to do, any more than successive governments have done for 120 years. I do knoiw that whinging and finger pointing on bigfooty isn't unnoi,

oindigenes of the. Good luckd and Canafdian listen to the )the (political correctness inf you want to solve the AboI'm not looking to
Try someone indigenous

Your job is to moderate, leave your sensibilities at home. This is an opportunity for you to look at both.
And I'll moderate according to my judgement, including my sensibilities. Rather than pick a fight with me you might be best taking a break.

We have acquired a well-regarded and respected premiership winning player with over 200 games with successful clubs in great systems that can be a great mentor for all of our young players and not just JUH.
The mod is trying to moderate the forum. That's my job. And I did delete the post that started this but some took offense at that. All I tried to do is explain why I took the action that I did.

Try someone indigenous

First, BL, give it a bit of time for refinement of my post.

Second. Who do you recommend ?

The indigenous of most of the World is in issue, here. It's only the US, Britain and Australasia taking it seriously. History is about the dominant subduing the non dominant. I'm leaving it up to the race/group alliance etc dominating the rest. When you've worked out how to do it, tip me off before you get nominated for the Peace Prize so I can get good odds. In the meantime, continue with the smart one liners if it makes you feel better.

And I'll moderate according to my judgement, including my sensibilities. Rather than pick a fight with me you might be best taking a break.
Steady on, Mutt. I'm on your side. I'm not looking to fight with you, I'll back you. Just about every other poster is unreasonable, woke, ridiculously uninformed. You are the second most reasonable person on the Board and I'm not volunteering.

God Bless you and all the other Mods.

DM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mod is trying to moderate the forum. That's my job. And I did delete the post that started this but some took offense at that. All I tried to do is explain why I took the action that I did.
I'm on your side on this, Mutt. I know a bit about what you face. I wouldn't have your job for quids (well, if I'm offered the job and if...)

First, BL, give it a bit of time for refinement of my post.

Second. Who do you recommend ?

The indigenous of most of the World is in issue, here. It's only the US, Britain and Australasia taking it seriously. History is about the dominant subduing the non dominant. I'm leaving it up to the race/group alliance etc dominating the rest. When you've worked out how to do it, tip me off before you get nominated for the Peace Prize so I can get good odds. In the meantime, continue with the smart one liners if it makes you feel better.
Anyone but the seekers

While we celebrate Varcoe's indigenous heritage, we should also note that the name Varcoe implies a Cornish background.

Along with Adam Treloar's recruitment and Mitch Wallis already on the list that makes a grand total of three probable Cornishmen at the doggies.

Pity Trengove left, we would have had a quaddie.

While we celebrate Varcoe's indigenous heritage, we should also note that the name Varcoe implies a Cornish background.

Along with Adam Treloar's recruitment and Mitch Wallis already on the list that makes a grand total of three probable Cornishmen at the doggies.

Pity Trengove left, we would have had a quaddie.
I confess I hate pasties

Anyone but the seekers

Now, be careful, here, BL, the Mods are watching you (not me, YOU).

All of the Seekers (do them the respect of capitalising their bandname) would have been born in the 1940s They would have been influenced by their parents, the Aus WW11 gen ,which not only went through WW11 but had survived both their demented, WW1 survivors issues and the Depression. To this day, our American cousins refer to that generation as the Great Generation. We are less gracious, I agree with them.

The Seekers were and are a product of the massive post WW11 relief, the Baby Boomers. They and the folk revival music of the 'late 60s early '70s tried to bridge the gap between the tormented Great Generation and their children, the proponents of what became known as Western Freedom, that still torments the governments of the Middle East and parts of Asia.

Athol Guy nailed it with 'I am Australian'.

Be respectful.DM

This thread is not for you, O_21. Save yourself any anguish. Do some work instead.

Now, be careful, here, BL, the Mods are watching you (not me, YOU).

All of the Seekers (do them the respect of capitalising their bandname) would have been born in the 1940s They would have been influenced by their parents, the Aus WW11 gen ,which not only went through WW11 but had survived both their demented, WW1 survivors issues and the Depression. To this day, our American cousins refer to that generation as the Great Generation. We are less gracious, I agree with them.

The Seekers were and are a product of the massive post WW11 relief, the Baby Boomers. They and the folk revival music of the 'late 60s early '70s tried to bridge the gap between the tormented Great Generation and their children, the proponents of what became known as Western Freedom, that still torments the governments of the Middle East and parts of Asia.

Athol Guy nailed it with 'I am Australian'.

Be respectful.DM
Mate you might want to go back and see who started this with the smart one liner

Btw I am well aware who the seekers are so save your history for yourself

And you know what I couldn’t care less who is monitoring who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back