Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he does so many tap ons, blocks and chasing that doesn’t get stats but are just really smart things that are to our advantage
Not to mention how cleanly he gets the ball. He’s a one touch player, and was invaluable tonight in the wet conditions.

Was enormous today. Very easy to look past him when giving votes but it felt like he was involved in most of our scores. Worked his backside off for four quarters and deserves more recognition. Onya Trav.

Always loved Trav... A lot thought he was finished before the season started. I'm glad he's proving them wrong.

Adding the pace of Varcoe, Murray and Stephenson is a big factor in our defensive smothering of teams as well as our run and carry.

Massive reason for our improvement I hope we don't go back to the slow style

Desperately need Stephenson, Maynard, Varcoe and in my opinion Murray.

Massive reason for our improvement I hope we don't go back to the slow style

Desperately need Stephenson, Maynard, Varcoe and in my opinion Murray.
Agree that our speed has been a huge reason for our improvement, but as harsh as it sounds not once have I walked away from a game in the last month or so thinking ‘Gee Maynard would have been handy today’

Agree that our speed has been a huge reason for our improvement, but as harsh as it sounds not once have I walked away from a game in the last month or so thinking ‘Gee Maynard would have been handy today’

I have a couple times especially against the Cats when we felt slow and predictable.

Can't underestimate a penetrating kicker like Maynard, takes the game on and kicks over zones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hitting the scoreboard a little more frequently last 2 weeks.
This is what he needs to continue to do.
He must be busy inside 50 being dangerous.

His closing speed is rediculous for a man of his age. He reads the play so well as well which helps him get to the right spot to lay a tackle. He hits hard too. Let's hope his form continues next week as he's just the pressure forward player we need against port.

Only blight on his game is his marking and reading the high ball. I didn’t watch this weeks game but recall since his return from injury a few times where he should’ve gone up but stayed down and an opponent has marked uncontested.

At his best, he is definitely best 22 and I’ve always loved him, as he makes us a better side. Hoping he can continue this form well into September as it’ll go a long way in the Pies causing a few upsets.

Liked his game on Saturday. Hopefully he gets a full pre season and stays injury free next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back