Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I never wrote any comment about Mayne sh...... himself. I love Mayne and think he is a very courageous player. I really don't know what any of you are talking about. I think someone may owe me an apology if that is what they believe.

Sorry Domus just checked the game day thread it wasn’t you. :$

Class act Travis Varcoe. And I don’t believe in life bans, in a perfect world that Collingwood supporter should s**t down with Rioli or Ryan and and hear first hand how it makes them feel. That’s how you stop it, there’s a place for punishment but it’s good to see the club offering education too.

Class act Travis Varcoe. And I don’t believe in life bans, in a perfect world that Collingwood supporter should s**t down with Rioli or Ryan and and hear first hand how it makes them feel. That’s how you stop it, there’s a place for punishment but it’s good to see the club offering education too.
Overall your idea is right.
Though I’d prefer if they sat down to your idea.

:eek:

Well i agree with all you say,
In part somewhat.

I think the he was right. I'd much prefer them to s**t down than s**t up.
Actually you’re correct.

Down is better.
Let gravity do its own social blend of magic.

As I understand the sewage system works on that theory as it’s designed to use gravity to push it along.

Actually you’re correct.

Down is better.
Let gravity do its own social blend of magic.

As I understand the sewage system works on that theory as it’s designed to use gravity to push it along.
Great.
Phew. For a minute there i thought i was doing it wrong.
Now my only point of concern with the original comment is that he talked about them doing it together. Whilst I appreciate that for some, shared shitting experiences are a great source of pleasure, it's not for everyone, so perhaps we could utilise a couple of alternative conciliation practices to use alongside shared shitting.

I'm a big fan of Varcoe but he had a shocker yesterday. Nothing bounced his way but he looked spent and struggled to cover the ground or chase opponents yesterday.
A couple of years back we were desperately looking for speed and line breakers out of the backline and apart from Crisp which I think is being targeted/tagged by oppositions ATM we need other options. Instead of using Varcoe in spurts around the ground for pressure and speed what's everyones thoughts on leaving him down back and using him as our Saad. Leon thrived later in his career so maybe it's an option for Varcoe?

I'm a big fan of Varcoe but he had a shocker yesterday. Nothing bounced his way but he looked spent and struggled to cover the ground or chase opponents yesterday.
A couple of years back we were desperately looking for speed and line breakers out of the backline and apart from Crisp which I think is being targeted/tagged by oppositions ATM we need other options. Instead of using Varcoe in spurts around the ground for pressure and speed what's everyones thoughts on leaving him down back and using him as our Saad. Leon thrived later in his career so maybe it's an option for Varcoe?

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him trialled back -- he could be a line breaker compared with Aish.

This is what I want but I don’t think we’ll get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he should be one who is considered for that role, but at the moment his ball handling sucks, his fumbles would be too costly - I'd like to see him in the twos to regain some form and confidence.

What needs to be kept in mind is that our starting few matches have been against tough opponents who have worked hard to nullify our game plan.

Pressure brings fumbles in even the best sides.

That being said there has been too much and a few players need to attain a higher level of poise.

I'm actually surprised by how stark his and Greenwood's form drop-off has been since the Grand Final last year. Greenwood was one of our worst performers at the Granny but still put together a solid year after his return from the knee surgery. Varcoe had a great year and a spectacular finals series.

They both look cooked right now though.

I have to say I am more than a little pissed off the club did not challenge the Varcoe report.

Picture A player going hard at the ball even though he is confronted by two other players coming in the other direction, one his team mate, equally determined to win it.
Imagine he makes contact with the shoulder of one of these players. One Week

Now imagine a player running freely unhindered 15 meters away from the ball and in no way in the play who runs at another player, leaving the ground, intentionally raising the elbow and hitting the unsuspecting opposition player in the face. Small fine.

Now imagine both players were named Abblett.

Varcoe was reemed.
No high contact.
At best a fine.
Abblett should have gotten 3 weeks and then another 2 weeks if Varcoe was worth a week.
Soft by the club.

Picture A player going hard at the ball even though he is confronted by two other players coming in the other direction, one his team mate, equally determined to win it.

Now imagine a player running freely unhindered 15 meters away from the ball and in no way in the play who runs at another player, leaving the ground, intentionally raising the elbow and hitting the unsuspecting opposition player in the face. Small fine.

Wait wait wait, is this in Matthew McConaughey’s voice?

I have to say I am more than a little pissed off the club did not challenge the Varcoe report.

Varcoe was reemed.
No high contact.
At best a fine.
Abblett should have gotten 3 weeks and then another 2 weeks if Varcoe was worth a week.
Soft by the club.
I think it's great that the AFL has cleaned up head high bumps. Varcoe got there too late and bumped him in the head. You just can't do that anymore. The fact that he may have originally been going for the ball gets it categorized as careless rather than intentional and thus one week instead of 2.

The Ablett stuff is a joke, but we cant use it as a precedent. Mitchell was a very lucky boy last year, but bringing it up in similar incidents is a waste of time, nobody wants to see mistakes repeated.

The Varcoe stuff is really sad. He has always been one of my favourites (even when he was wearing those stinking hoops) and its gutting to see him miss, especially considering his sister, the jumper and the round.... But he has to do a week fo that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back