Treatment versus Vaccine

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why boosters necessary when they are essentially not working after 3-6 months? There's a reason FDA advisory members quit under pressure to authorise boosters that at that stage there was no evidence of efficacy or info re: adverse effects. Also quite concerned that Pfizer have sought to be pardoned from any ill effects long term from the jab for 70 years.

What do you reckon is the go with our immune systems? Reckon the lockdown / vaccine combo is having any effect? Never seen people sicker at the moment and it’s not covid.

What do you reckon is the go with our immune systems? Reckon the lockdown / vaccine combo is having any effect? Never seen people sicker at the moment and it’s not covid.
Possibly, given lockdown most people did not get flu or colds last year (or the year before). There are a lot of people sick atm (non Covid).

I don't know enough about the flu and immune systems to know if that is a real connection or bullshit though.

Not sure why boosters necessary when they are essentially not working after 3-6 months? There's a reason FDA advisory members quit under pressure to authorise boosters that at that stage there was no evidence of efficacy or info re: adverse effects. Also quite concerned that Pfizer have sought to be pardoned from any ill effects long term from the jab for 70 years.

Not sure why you are talking about American institutions.

Possibly, given lockdown most people did not get flu or colds last year (or the year before). There are a lot of people sick atm (non Covid).

I don't know enough about the flu and immune systems to know if that is a real connection or bullshit though.

Just feels like we’re missing out on an opportunity here to work out why people are more sick right now. Could we learn some lessons from the last 2 years perhaps?
There has to be something in it.

do you think more flu is getting recorded because people think it's covid and getting tested rather than just staying in bed like you would have done 2 years ago?

Not sure it’s just that. Just never seen as many people struggling this much with the flu. It’s not a quantity thing - it’s the severity.

Look at the AFL- players are missing games due to the flu. I’ve never seen that much of it. Our ruckman was in hospital for days because of it.

From a personal point of view - I’ve never seen as many family and friends get hit as hard as they have been. A few have really struggled for days.

I’m not out here questioning the vaccine or anything like that - I’m just asking if there has been anything that has occurred that has caused this change. Let’s be honest - it’s hitting people more now, than it has previously.

I’m not out here questioning the vaccine or anything like that - I’m just asking if there has been anything that has occurred that has caused this change. Let’s be honest - it’s hitting people more now, than it has previously

well i guess i asked you because i haven't really seen this myself but maybe i'm an outlier

Not sure it’s just that. Just never seen as many people struggling this much with the flu. It’s not a quantity thing - it’s the severity.

Look at the AFL- players are missing games due to the flu. I’ve never seen that much of it. Our ruckman was in hospital for days because of it.

From a personal point of view - I’ve never seen as many family and friends get hit as hard as they have been. A few have really struggled for days.

I’m not out here questioning the vaccine or anything like that - I’m just asking if there has been anything that has occurred that has caused this change. Let’s be honest - it’s hitting people more now, than it has previously.

People are much more aware of being sick, and not being around others when sick.

Less soldiering on, more actual resting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the COVID lockdowns, people were not coming into contact with the common, garden variety flu but the fact that people who would normally have a "flu jab", did not.

This is but another absolute failure on the part of the previous Government whose information and direction to the citizenry was convoluted to say the least.
Medical practitioners were getting information from the Health Department(s) days, if not weeks, after some gobbledegook from some Government reprobate hit the headlines only to be withdrawn or countered by some other back-yarder and all the while, something as critically important as "flu jabs", were just passed over.

Your question is a good one but don't be fooled that COVID has somehow been defeated or is on the retreat; it's as bad as it's every been!

We hit 1,000 cases per day around the 26th of August, 2021, it got up to around 2,000 case a day just on the 1st of October, 2021 where it stayed until about the 28th of October of 2021 whereupon it started to decline again to the low/mid 1,000's again until a couple of weeks into December, where Cro-Magnon and his sycophants started making noises that Australia would be "opened up" by Christmas and the dam walls burst!

We went from 1,800 cases/day on the 13th of December to 4,500 on the 21st of December, nearly 10,000 on Christmas day to 35,000 per day on New Year's day! By January the 13th, we had hit 150,000 per day and it's come down since, gradually, to about the end of April where we hit just under 40,000 where it stayed 'till about the end of May and we are now down to about 20,000 per day. The death rates however have continued to soar and we have had 6,400 people die through COVID since the first of January this year whereas we lost 2,353 souls for the preceding year! Our daily numbers of cases may have fallen as we have now nearly stopped formal testing but deaths continue to trend upwards alarmingly.

The ramifications of people contracting COVID will not be absolutely apparent for a few years yet and then, we will be kicking ourselves at not remaining vigilant and disciplined and not having put in strong measure to quarantine this insidious virus and stopping, to the best of our ability, overseas arrivals from bringing it in.

During the COVID lockdowns, people were not coming into contact with the common, garden variety flu but the fact that people who would normally have a "flu jab", did not.

This is but another absolute failure on the part of the previous Government whose information and direction to the citizenry was convoluted to say the least.
Medical practitioners were getting information from the Health Department(s) days, if not weeks, after some gobbledegook from some Government reprobate hit the headlines only to be withdrawn or countered by some other back-yarder and all the while, something as critically important as "flu jabs", were just passed over.

Your question is a good one but don't be fooled that COVID has somehow been defeated or is on the retreat; it's as bad as it's every been!

We hit 1,000 cases per day around the 26th of August, 2021, it got up to around 2,000 case a day just on the 1st of October, 2021 where it stayed until about the 28th of October of 2021 whereupon it started to decline again to the low/mid 1,000's again until a couple of weeks into December, where Cro-Magnon and his sycophants started making noises that Australia would be "opened up" by Christmas and the dam walls burst!

We went from 1,800 cases/day on the 13th of December to 4,500 on the 21st of December, nearly 10,000 on Christmas day to 35,000 per day on New Year's day! By January the 13th, we had hit 150,000 per day and it's come down since, gradually, to about the end of April where we hit just under 40,000 where it stayed 'till about the end of May and we are now down to about 20,000 per day. The death rates however have continued to soar and we have had 6,400 people die through COVID since the first of January this year whereas we lost 2,353 souls for the preceding year! Our daily numbers of cases may have fallen as we have now nearly stopped formal testing but deaths continue to trend upwards alarmingly.

The ramifications of people contracting COVID will not be absolutely apparent for a few years yet and then, we will be kicking ourselves at not remaining vigilant and disciplined and not having put in strong measure to quarantine this insidious virus and stopping, to the best of our ability, overseas arrivals from bringing it in.

The bold text - are you suggesting the vaccine isn’t working that well then?

For 2 years it’s been covid covid covid and that the flu was gone. Did we stuff that up?

The population of Australia is 84% fully vaccinated. I am not too sure what more we could be doing in terms of protecting ourselves from covid. You can’t get the country highly vaxxed and then still close borders / still include strict quarantine rules.

For 2 years it’s been covid covid covid and that the flu was gone. Did we stuff that up?

The population of Australia is 84% fully vaccinated. I am not too sure what more we could be doing in terms of protecting ourselves from covid. You can’t get the country highly vaxxed and then still close borders / still include strict quarantine rules.
Oh my god you absolute cretin.

The Vax isn't a silver bullet. It's never been. And it's never pretended to be.

If we weren't vax'd and were living life as we are now - those 6400 deaths would realistically be closer to the 670,000 they had in Brazil, or the 180000 they've had in the UK. COVID case numbers are down because most are not even recorded. Most people aren't even bothering to test any more.

How in earth you can read that bolded sentence and draw your conclusion is simply astounding. Beyond the realms of idiocy really.

As for the flu, it was 'gone' because it's far less contageous than COVID, and the measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID basically wiped it out of the community. Naturally, as borders and society have opened up, it's come back. That's what viruses do. They spread. And FWIW, all the people I know that have had the 'flu', have not actually been tested for Influenza. They've been crook with a cold like they have been every year, and once they tested negative for COVID, they refer to it as 'the flu'.

In terms of what we can do to protect ourselves from COVID, the extreme is that we isolate more, wear masks, reduce large gatherings, work from home etc. etc. That won't happen, as there is no political appetite for that to happen. And that's because there would be no public support for it.

Personally, when living through a pandemic, my view is that it's never going to be ideal. There will be lots of sick people and there will be lots of deaths. That's kind of what a pandemic does.
It always has been, and as far as I can see still is, about finding the balance between the public health response and facilitating the ongoing functioning of society.

Last edited:
Oh my god you absolute cretin.

The Vax isn't a silver bullet. It's never been. And it's never pretended to be.

If we weren't vax'd and were living life as we are now - those 6400 deaths would realistically be closer to the 670,000 they had in Brazil, or the 180000 they've had in the UK. COVID case numbers are down because most are not even recorded. Most people aren't even bothering to test any more.

How in earth you can read that bolded sentence and draw your conclusion is simply astounding. Beyond the relams of idiocy really.

As for the flu, it was 'gone' because it's far less contageous than COVID, and the measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID basically wiped it out of the community. Naturally, as borders and society have opened up, it's come back. That's what viruses do. They spread. And FWIW, all the poeple I know that have had the 'flu', have not actually been tested for Influenza. They've been crook with a cold like they have been every year, and once they tested negative for COVID, they refer to it as 'the flu'.

In terms of what we can do to protect ourselves from COVID, the extreme is that we isolate more, wear masks, reduce large gatherings, work from home etc. etc. That won't happen, as there is no political appetite for that to happen. And that's because there would be no public support for it.

Personally, when living through a pandemic, my view is that it's never going to be ideal. There will be lots of sick people and there will be lots of deaths. That's kind of what a pandemic does.
It always has been, and as far as I can see still is, about finding the balance between the public health response and facilitating the ongoing functioning of society.

Oh fu** off you absolute prick. Calling me a cretin and an idiot in the one post and then expecting that I’ll read the rest of your long post and care about your view is laughable.

Pis* off you miserable prick and let me have a conversation with someone else who’s worth speaking to.

Oh fu** off you absolute prick. Calling me a cretin and an idiot in the one post and then expecting that I’ll read the rest of your long post and care about your view is laughable.

Pis* off you miserable prick and let me have a conversation with someone else who’s worth speaking to.
Just go back to watching SkyNews and reading the Herald-Sun. Rita and Peta will handle all your health queries for you.

FFS.

I have Covid.

I am maintaining sensible isolation protocols.

As I am sharing house I implement sensible isolation ans sanitation practices.

I expect others sick with Covid to do the same.

I accept that large scale actions like those pre March 2022 can't keep being g implemented long term. I accept that I need to take self responsibility for dealing with my own illness. I accept that the world doesn't revolve around me and my problems and I respect that others have their own problems to deal with as well as their own lives.

The country is not highly vaxed.

Where would you personally like to see us?

I consider this a decent position. And that is looking after the most vulnerable.

View attachment 1418952
I would like to see us where we were prior to social media and cod experts infesting our senses with nonsense and undertake mandatory vaccinations of all school children as was once done.

We are currently lagging on about 66% of the population being fully vaccinated, that is 3 doses and that is completely and utterly, not good enough. We need to push this hard through all mediums and be up front and "in your face" with a media blitz showing people drowning because of the fluid in their lungs, people not being able to get out of bed, people with massive ongoing migraines, not being able to smell, not being able to breath because their lung s have been scared for life, people whose lives have been changed forever because they have to care for family members who are suffering from COVID. People who can no longer go for walks, do what they used to do because their hearts have been forever compromised.

I have Covid.

I am maintaining sensible isolation protocols.

As I am sharing house I implement sensible isolation ans sanitation practices.

I expect others sick with Covid to do the same.

I accept that large scale actions like those pre March 2022 can't keep being g implemented long term. I accept that I need to take self responsibility for dealing with my own illness. I accept that the world doesn't revolve around me and my problems and I respect that others have their own problems to deal with as well as their own lives.
I hope you have a complete recovery from COVID and yes, you are to be commended for taking responsibility but let's not mince words; the reason you have been affected with COVID is because morons and self indulgent pigs who don't give a f*** about others have shown scant regard, if any, towards you and other members of our communities.

We do not have to go back to the severe lock downs we once were subjected to IF we put in place measures to stop the free-for-all spread of this pathogen. We need to keep wearing masks - the pathogen is spread mostly through the air and we need to secure our borders with a far stricter quarantine and inspection regime than we have now.

This disease wil not just go away. Herd immunity is not applicable and in two, three, four years time plus, the consequences will be dire, much worse than where they are now because we will have a whole new cohort of ill people to deal with and this will mean even greater expense both human and monetary. What will the worshipors of money say then? "Let the bastards die because it costs to much money to look after them and stifles economic activity."?

It's cliched I know, but we do reap what we sow and we are sowing a huge tragedy in the future and that is in no way to detract from the tragedies unfolding every day now.

We pat ourselves on the back for being modern and enlightened but with this issue, it seems that we have just given up because it's just "too hard", which is code for "too expensive".

I don't know you personally but my thoughts are with you and everyone that is suffering from COVID.

I would like to see us where we were prior to social media and cod experts infesting our senses with nonsense and undertake mandatory vaccinations of all school children as was once done.

We are currently lagging on about 66% of the population being fully vaccinated, that is 3 doses and that is completely and utterly, not good enough. We need to push this hard through all mediums and be up front and "in your face" with a media blitz showing people drowning because of the fluid in their lungs, people not being able to get out of bed, people with massive ongoing migraines, not being able to smell, not being able to breath because their lung s have been scared for life, people whose lives have been changed forever because they have to care for family members who are suffering from COVID. People who can no longer go for walks, do what they used to do because their hearts have been forever compromised.
Flogging a dead horse here mate - If you are worried about the effects you have every right to take or do any precautionary step you see fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back