Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to do stats junior, we have the highest win rate over 124 years of any club, we've won more finals than any club, been in more Grand Finals than any club (we play a GF every 2.9 yrs on ave) the only 2 clubs with more flags were both caught cheating the cap in those premiership years (evidently the only way to beat us historically is to cheat) we have more hall of famers than any other club and are the most famous club in Australia having won 4 Premierships in a row and the very 1st AFL Premiership.

In fact Collingwood headed the premiership table for over 60 years, longer than all the other 17 clubs put together to give you an idea of the historical dominance and cultural impact!

And if you'd been around as long as me you'd know this is par for the course, I could go back to Tuddy and Thommo holding the club to ransom for a way bigger scandal, but unlike other clubs it doesn't seem to hobble our success, we are so big and so many people from journos to the AFL itself make money off us that we've gotten used to it.

That is also... wonderful for you!

So just between us (friends) , secret like, ;)

....why did you feel the need to join BF and sprout all this Treloar melarky?

You don't want to do stats junior, we have the highest win rate over 124 years of any club, we've won more finals than any club, been in more Grand Finals than any club (we play a GF every 2.9 yrs on ave) the only 2 clubs with more flags were both caught cheating the cap in those premiership years (evidently the only way to beat us historically is to cheat) we have more hall of famers than any other club and are the most famous club in Australia having won 4 Premierships in a row and the very 1st AFL Premiership.

In fact Collingwood headed the premiership table for over 60 years, longer than all the other 17 clubs put together to give you an idea of the historical dominance and cultural impact!

And if you'd been around as long as me you'd know this is par for the course, I could go back to Tuddy and Thommo holding the club to ransom for a way bigger scandal, but unlike other clubs it doesn't seem to hobble our success, we are so big and so many people from journos to the AFL itself make money off us that we've gotten used to it.
also have lost more Grand finals then any another club forgot to leave that part out

Welcome to Earth, and the modern era of football

I actually can't wait til it's Moneyball and you can just call a club and do a deal and have that player training for you that night, that's gonna be awesome. I love stats so it would be a dream for me, but probably need another zero on the end of player payments before I get it
Sorry but there is a huge difference between AFL being a business and players being commodities and what Collingwood did this year.

The way that Collingwood acted this offseason is the type of thing that could really effect the culture of the club, effect it's ability to land players in trades and free agency and certainly hinder any future ability to shuffle money around in their cap by back ending contracts.

Talk about blind loyalty, seriously, being one eyed is one thing, but you are pretty much wearing a blindfold to the bullshit your club did this year. Now we see them trying to act in bad faith around the trade that was done. I can only hope that the Bulldogs stand their ground and hold Collingwood to account.

also have lost more Grand finals then any another club forgot to leave that part out
What does that matter if you have 15 flags and dominated the competition like no other? That's just God easing back on the reigns reminding us we aren't him... even though we did have the greatest team of all time, might be able to squeeze him into a back pocket if he's lucky ;)

Machine.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but there is a huge difference between AFL being a business and players being commodities and what Collingwood did this year.
That's naive, the world has changed and players are commodities, what did you think all the trading was about?

What does that matter if you have 15 flags and dominated the competition like no other? That's just God easing back on the reigns reminding us we aren't him... even though we did have the greatest team of all time, might be able to squeeze him into a back pocket ;)

View attachment 1018994
Hawthorn winning 3 premierships in a row is more impressive so is Brisbane Lions they were competing against more teams.

That's naive, the world has changed and players are commodities, what did you think all the trading was about?
As a fan of most sports I am well aware of how ruthless that clubs can be trading players, but I've never seen a club tell a player lies about other players not wanting them there to drive them out of the club and then getting peanuts for them in return, needing to pay a significant amount of their salary and then reneging on the deal. You are delusional if you think that it's even in the same universe as anything that happens in other sports.

Because 3 is better than 4

View attachment 1018996
Hawks won 3 in a row in a 18 team competition impressive
Brisbane won 3 in a row in a 16 team competition also impressive

it’s ok you can brag about how your team won 4 premierships in a row 1920s just asking how many premierships have you seen since the good old Glory days

As a fan of most sports I see how ruthless that clubs can be trading players, but I've never seen a club tell a player lies about other players not wanting them there to drive them out of the club and then getting peanuts for them in return. You are delusional if you think that it's even in the same universe as clubs just trading players without them getting a say in it.
If you have to lie to make a point you've already lost, here is what was actually told to Treloar:

“The leaders were aware of the decision that the list management group had made soon after the season. It was done to be able to provide genuine support and to have a knowledge of what Adam was facing.

"There was one element of specific on-field feedback that I gave Adam in the early stages immediately after the season which related to on-field connection and that came through reviews from the last couple of years. It was something that he understood.

“Potentially those two things put together were perceived as your teammates don’t support you or don’t want you at the football club

Let me translate that for you, Adam knew what was expected of him but refused to take feedback to the point players felt they had to walk on egg shells around him, when he essentially got sacked he threw a tanty

Stevo was just as hilarious saying it came as a shock to him when we've been riding him for a year or more over various behavioral issues

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks won 3 in a row in a 18 team competition impressive
Brisbane won 3 in a row in a 16 team competition also impressive

it’s ok you can brag about how your team won 4 premierships in a row 1920s just asking how many premierships have you seen since the good old Glory days
Blah blah 4 > 3

Thank You.gif

What does that matter if you have 15 flags and dominated the competition like no other? That's just God easing back on the reigns reminding us we aren't him... even though we did have the greatest team of all time, might be able to squeeze him into a back pocket if he's lucky ;)

Dominated the competition like no other?

You don't even have the most flags. 11 of yours came before WW2.

I think you have been listening to too many of your great-grandfathers bed time stories.

Small gland syndrome. Vicarious gloating, self loathing.

Dominated the competition like no other?
Correct, headed the premiership table for over 60 years, longer than the other 17 clubs all put together

why do you think we are so hated? How did you think we became the most supported and famous club in Australia?

It was born with this competition, it doesn't matter who comes later... we're Elvis

The way that Collingwood acted this offseason is the type of thing that could really effect the culture of the club, effect it's ability to land players in trades and free agency and certainly hinder any future ability to shuffle money around in their cap by back ending contracts.

Talk about blind loyalty, seriously, being one eyed is one thing, but you are pretty much wearing a blindfold to the bullshit your club did this year. Now we see them trying to act in bad faith around the trade that was done. I can only hope that the Bulldogs stand their ground and hold Collingwood to account.
What evidence do you have that the Pies acted in bad faith? That’s right, absolutely zero. Pretty obvious that your take on the situation is based purely on your antipathy toward the Pies, rather than any actual evidence or knowledge of what transpired. Pretty stupid making such a dogmatic statement when none of us know what was agreed on. But then again, I suppose it suits your prejudice to make that assumption.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back