Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
This is getting messy. Australian netball star Kim Ravaillion has hit out at Collingwood over its handling of fiancee Adam Treloar at the club. https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...r/news-story/ec029c9fcf51be59ef871269c465a848

Whether it is or isn't, nothing is more silly than a WAG chiming in having a whinge to the media.

Hardly your run of the mill WAG, she's a professional netball player. Who's only spoken up because Collingwood went to the media to say her career is the reason they dumped Treloar.

Hardly your run of the mill WAG, she's a professional netball player. Who's only spoken up because Collingwood went to the media to say her career is the reason they dumped Treloar.

Sure, but I'm sort of over WAG's having their say in everything. A player is forced out, not sure why there's a need for some press release really.

Whether it is or isn't, nothing is more silly than a WAG chiming in having a whinge to the media.
Yeah no, not in this situation.

Collingwood dragged her into this by attempting to make her the scapegoat for their miss management.

Surely she is allowed a right of reply.

Sure, but I'm sort of over WAG's having their say in everything. A player is forced out, not sure why there's a need for some press release really.

Then have a go at Collingwood for naming her. You're saying she can't defend herself from their accusations?

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
She has every right to respond to something like "Speaking to Fox Footy on Thursday, Collingwood list manager Ned Guy claimed the club wouldn’t have considered moving the midfielder on if Ravaillion hadn’t chosen to play netball for Queensland in 2021. "

Ned Guy has clearly marked Ravaillion as the catalyst for Treloar not being at Collingwood.

Then have a go at Collingwood for naming her. You're saying she can't defend herself from their accusations?

Both parties are at fault here. There really wasn't a need for the Pies to name her, and there's no need for her to chime in. Bad both ways really.

Lol, both parties.

Each to their own. Won't change my view that there wasn't a need for the boss to justify the trade. That's where the mess started. Should have just said "no comment". Simple. Deal with it internally. That would have prevented the "it's your fault, no it's yours".

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
That’s not the case here. She has been dragged into it by the club so the club doesn’t have to own up to s**t management of their salary cap. Well within her rights to respond.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast

What a load of crap. They brought her into the press, she didnt put herself in. Her only mention to the press was to * off and leave me alone

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood literally named her as the reason why they wanted him moved on (when in reality it is clear the main reason was their own salary cap mismanagement).

They brought her up, they blamed her, she has every right to defend herself and her husband. I think you'll find even most Collingwood supporters agree with this.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Treloar didn't have a problem leaving GWS, now it's the end of the world when the tables are turned. Collingwood shouldn't have even needed to justify it, if they wanna fu** him off then fu** him off

Was the end of his contract when he left us.

He was just about to get paid for his heavily back ended contract when the pies played silly buggers. Completely different.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Each to their own. Won't change my view that there wasn't a need for the boss to justify the trade. That's where the mess started. Should have just said "no comment". Simple. Deal with it internally. That would have prevented the "it's your fault, no it's yours".

Fair enough for the club, but why should she 'treat it internally'?

They called her out specifically, and treated her husband like s**t.

She should just cop that on the chin? What does she (or Adam) owe Collingwood?

Back