Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily. We'll just cherry-pick the quality established players that are squeezed out of other clubs over the next 2 or 3 years when their caps burst at the seams.
Jeez. Even before this debacle, a player like Lynch, from a Collingwood family, grown up a passionate Collingwood supporter, and offered more $$$ by Collingwood than Richmond, chose the club he perceived to have the better culture. After this debacle, no one in his right mind who has a choice will chose Collingwood.

Seems as though it's another 'Us against Them' year in 2021, the Pies do their best work when their backs are to the walls.

A flag would be a great way for Eddie to finish his Presidency reign.
So you're insisting that Collingwood has adopted the same delusional culture Richmond did post 1982.
Good luck with that :thumbsu:

Jeez. Even before this debacle, a player like Lynch, from a Collingwood family, grown up a passionate Collingwood supporter, and offered more $$$ by Collingwood than Richmond, chose the club he perceived to have the better culture. After this debacle, no one in his right mind who has a choice will chose Collingwood.

So you're insisting that Collingwood has adopted the same delusional culture Richmond did post 1982.
Good luck with that :thumbsu:
Not all footballers are as savvy as Lynchy. Collingwood will rope in their share of players from other clubs for at least the first couple of years of their 10 year contracts.

Never been the same since the double hammy. I predict he plays 10-12 games next year.
He doesn't run both ways (just the 'ol arms on hips pose) and his disposal is woeful.
What's the point of accumulating if you can't do anything decent with the ball (see Scott Pendlebury).

I agree his exit was terribly handled but I've thought he was overrated for a long time.

If he is such a crap player why on earth did the Pies pay him so much?

Talk is cheap... Diamonds are forever.

Sure, players will second guess their decision to move to Collingwood now, probably moreso than what they would have previously. However players will always chase the bigger fish, if we can offer more money, players will come.

Its an industry based on a very short life span, not many players reach 200+ games, as the industry becomes more professional the players become less loyal. Look at the NBA, players chase pay days.

Theres nothing wrong with that, but I dont think it'll impact Collingwood's ability to attract players, nor would it affect any other club.
I fail to see a single diamond in Collingwood's playing list or off field team. But ho hum, in Bucks we (blindly) trust, right?

I fail to see a single diamond in Collingwood's playing list or off field team. But ho hum, in Bucks we (blindly) trust, right?
The fact that players actually want to stay at Collingwood and not leave is enough to prove that something is working.

Your team on the other hand has failed to keep key players over the years or have resigned to a significant overpayement when compared to returned output. I wonder where Josh Kelly will be in 2022...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that players actually want to stay at Collingwood and not leave is enough to prove that something is working.

Your team on the other hand has failed to keep key players over the years or have resigned to a significant overpayement when compared to returned output. I wonder where Josh Kelly will be in 2022...
Not at Collingwood, that's for sure.

Name me the last time the Pies managed to jet an A Grade Superstar/out of contract/FA gun?

You could argue Buckley was Collingwood's last big signing. For reasons I have no idea about, the Pies are not a destination club. And have not been for a long time.

Amazing news. Players want to stay at a club.

Might be playing alongside Grundy and Treloar at the Bulldogs?

Play the ball, not the man.

Not at Collingwood, that's for sure.

Name me the last time the Pies managed to jet an A Grade Superstar/out of contract/FA gun?

You could argue Buckley was Collingwood's last big signing. For reasons I have no idea about, the Pies are not a destination club. And have not been for a long time.
I wasn’t suggesting we’d get Kelly, but I don’t think he’ll be at the Giants.

as for attracting A Graders, I’d consider Ball (captain of his former club) and to a lesser extent Jolly (one of the best ruckmen of the time) as significant signings.

What has been evident though is, and the argument I was making, was that players want to stay at Collingwood. The flip side to your point is - how many A graders have Collingwood lost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back