Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
"I've moved on. All I'm worried about is doing my best to ensure the Bulldogs are successful"

Say it in front of the mirror a few times Adam, then you should be good to go.
Right, because the media contract he has with 360 enables him to just not answer any question he doesn't want to. Plus we all know how tolerant the media is when it comes to private matters. Fantasy stuff to think the above quote will be enough to get them to stop asking him about all this.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Qoute where I blamed the woman.
This is embarrassing, you have no idea what you're on about.

In all honesty, I think its a case of you having a completly different concept of what mental abuse is and you are unable to ridge yourself outside of your own definition to see it in a situation you wouldnt necessarily see it in

Maybe you are looking for say Eddie to call her a **** or something as some form of mental abuse and anything less then that isnt? The reality in this situation is the club came out, discussed her personal life without her permission and began talking about her being too fragile to deal with seperation. Collingwood publically called out her mental preparation for her career move into question and also made her appear weak and ill prepared for the move.

She has then came out thereafter and said she was traumatised by the event. All this creates the situation of Collingwood mentally abusing her. It may not fit into your rigid definition but it fits into hers and in reality thats what matters here.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He should obviously be moving on, and hopefully he is. There was a lot of talk about Collingwood last night rather than his new club and what he might bring to their (hopefully!) push for a flag. With my supporter hat on I’d like this to be yesterday’s news and him to be fully focused on the latter.

But he’s obviously been really hurt by what happened, and basically had his mental health journey - which he was rightly lauded for being open about - used against him by the club he trusted to wriggle out of their own salary cap *-ups.

Now you can say that him being open about that when he’s asked the question isn’t the right approach, he should play the straight bat and focus on the future. Part of me hopes that is the approach going forward, but I’ve never experienced what he’s gone through in the past 6 months so if he’s going to be honest about it then as long as it doesn’t affect his footy that’s his choice.

Many supporters often lament the media-trained boring answers from professional athletes, but this is another example that shows when they do answer honestly a lot of us are quick to criticise that. No-win situation for them in many cases.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
He should obviously be moving on, and hopefully he is. There was a lot of talk about Collingwood last night rather than his new club and what he might bring to their (hopefully!) push for a flag. With my supporter hat on I’d like this to be yesterday’s news and him to be fully focused on the latter.

But he’s obviously been really hurt by what happened, and basically had his mental health journey - which he was rightly lauded for being open about - used against him by the club he trusted to wriggle out of their own salary cap fu**-ups.

Now you can say that him being open about that when he’s asked the question isn’t the right approach, he should play the straight bat and focus on the future. Part of me hopes that is the approach going forward, but I’ve never experienced what he’s gone through in the past 6 months so if he’s going to be honest about it then as long as it doesn’t affect his footy that’s his choice.

Many supporters often lament the media-trained boring answers from professional athletes, but this is another example that shows when they do answer honestly a lot of us are quick to criticise that. No-win situation for them in many cases.

Move on? Two weeks ago Buckley publically attacked him for not forgiving his attack on his family

I think you are really asking the wrong person to move on. The victim cant move on until the attacker does in this situation and unfortunately for Treloar, Collingwood simply wont move on and they just continue on the personal attacks

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Move on? Two weeks ago Buckley publically attacked him for not forgiving his attack on his family

I think you are really asking the wrong person to move on. The victim cant move on until the attacker does in this situation and unfortunately for Treloar, Collingwood simply wont move on and they just continue on the personal attacks
You really do sound like the sort of person who would thrive on sympathy and being the 'victim'

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm confident the conversation will be finished by the time the final siren goes on Friday night. There was always going to be media interest and probing questions this week, but no doubt both parties will be happy to never have to discuss it again (except in Collingwood's case when they're writing out his annual cheque :D).

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I'm confident the conversation will be finished by the time the final siren goes on Friday night. There was always going to be media interest and probing questions this week, but no doubt both parties will be happy to never have to discuss it again (except in Collingwood's case when they're writing out his annual cheque :D).
I doubt it. There will be a portion of Collingwood fans who boo him on friday night which means the weekend footy shows will keep talking about it.

I doubt it. There will be a portion of Collingwood fans who boo him on friday night which means the weekend footy shows will keep talking about it.

why would ANY Collingwood supporter boo Treloar? he wanted to stay rofl

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure why anyone is laying into Treloar - he is responding to BUCKLEY'S comments about him not handling it professionally and taking it personally.

You can't tell me that Buckley is so dim-witted and/or inexperienced to not to understand the can of worms he was opening up with the precise comments and the way he compared the two players.

Last edited:

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Right, because the media contract he has with 360 enables him to just not answer any question he doesn't want to. Plus we all know how tolerant the media is when it comes to private matters. Fantasy stuff to think the above quote will be enough to get them to stop asking him about all this.

Fantasy is thinking his contract would include a requirement to answer in full, and address any point, in any question put to him.

They can ask all they like. He needs to stop bringing it up again every time they do.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Fantasy is thinking his contract would include a requirement to answer in full, and address any point, in any question put to him.

They can ask all they like. He needs to stop bringing it up again every time they do.
Part of his contract would absolutely include properly participating in interviews with the show. Can't just put up a brick wall when it's a high public interest story for 360. Come on now.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
If he's to say he's not discussing it that would be not participating.

He is discussing it. He has moved on from it and is now concentrating on playing with the Dogs.

Don't know what Robbo and Gerard have been doing all this time. Apparently they could have been asking players to reveal team game plans and give insight on teammate's injuries, and the players would forced to answer, unless they want to get pinged for breach of contract due to their lack of participation in the discussion.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast

I agree

He should just sit in silence why Collingwood hurl personal abuse on him and his family

That will show them

Back