Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Yeah WTF, missed the start and rewatching it now, why on earth did the Collingwood supporters start booing the guy??
Wasn't it bukley that said some of the players didn't want him at the club?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I get the feeling the fallout from the Treloar will ultimately be seen as the major trigger of Buckley's departure as coach of the Pies (aside from Eddie leaving of course)

He literally could not have publicly handled Treloar and Stephenson's exit from the Pies last year any worse.

Pies fans generally are a loyal and forgiving lot, but I think he has finally lost the trust and faith of a sizeable portion of their supporters.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
How stupid was the Collingwood crowd last night. This bloke loved that club. Did not want to move. Was kicked out for no reason other than poor accounting at a club level. First time they see him, what do they do? BOO!
Was at the game and didn't hear the booing. He did get a massive cheer from the crowd late in the last when he got the ball and the majority were Collingwood supporters.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was at the game and didn't hear the booing. He did get a massive cheer from the crowd late in the last when he got the ball and the majority were Collingwood supporters.
Was at the game too, heard minimal booing and most supporters treated him with respect. Watched the replay and it seemed to come out far more through the audio

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get the feeling the fallout from the Treloar will ultimately be seen as the major trigger of Buckley's departure as coach of the Pies (aside from Eddie leaving of course)

He literally could not have publicly handled Treloar and Stephenson's exit from the Pies last year any worse.

Pies fans generally are a loyal and forgiving lot, but I think he has finally lost the trust and faith of a sizeable portion of their supporters.

I don't think he can take us further than he already has. That 2018 GF will forever be a missed opportunity.

Really the tennis-related Covid breach should have been a sackable offence. How could you respect your coach after such stupidity?

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon Footscray should not be that confident. They dominated possession but without some of our forward errors could have been under the pump to hold on.

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I reckon Footscray should not be that confident. They dominated possession but without some of our forward errors could have been under the pump to hold on.
To be fair, we were very wasteful going forward and Darcy Moore had a blinder. Roughead handy as well. Would and should have been an 8 goals + win.

This 22 has a lot of new pieces to it, will take a few games to get rolling. If our forward line dysfunction continues JUH may get a call up. Needed to bank the 4 points on the Friday night big stage, job done.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
To be fair, we were very wasteful going forward and Darcy Moore had a blinder. Roughead handy as well. Would and should have been an 8 goals + win.

This 22 has a lot of new pieces to it, will take a few games to get rolling. If our forward line dysfunction continues JUH may get a call up. Needed to bank the 4 points on the Friday night big stage, job done.
How close is JUH to senior selection?

Surely he is at least as good an option as Josh Bruce. Also Mitch Wallis appears wasted in the forward line to me. Are there better options up there for you?

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Surely he is at least as good an option as Josh Bruce. Also Mitch Wallis appears wasted in the forward line to me. Are there better options up there for you?
Wallis was our leading goal scorer last season, he is a really smart forward at ground level despite being rather slow, he definitely holds his spot. What we need down there is blistering pace from a 3rd tall, which is where JUH comes into the equation. I'm tipping 1 or 2 more games to show he can back up 5 in the VFL on the weekend.

Bruce is lacking confidence with set shots, but took 11 marks against the pies. Worked his butt off, so he keeps his spot also.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Kicked 5 in the VFL but all the talk out of the club is he's not physically fit enough yet from missing out on playing last year.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Adam Treloar has never been anything more than a solid b-grade midfielder yet he puts himself out in the media like he's one of the game's superstars.

Is there any chance we can all stop giving so much publicity to this attention-seeking flog ?

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty amazing how much media time / column inches / minutes is being dedicated to this silly jumper issue and they are letting Maguire run free on non-issues instead of hammering him on his poor leadership on Treloar.

The fact they cooked their salary cap and hung one of their "side by side' players out to dry is ridiculous.

And let's not forget his numerous issues with race and poor governance.

Maguire is a master manipulator of the media.

Kudos to him.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty amazing how much media time / column inches / minutes is being dedicated to this silly jumper issue and they are letting Maguire run free on non-issues instead of hammering him on his poor leadership on Treloar.

The fact they cooked their salary cap and hung one of their "side by side' players out to dry is ridiculous.

Kudos to him.
Making himself look like a run of the mill elitist, corrupt, and arrogant a-hole isn't really that much of a step up from being a backstabbing, incompetent, racist, and arrogant a-hole. Is it?

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Kudos to him.
Basically like when governments start a war or a crisis to take the focus away from their incompetency and corruption .
Eddie would be perfect for politics

Back