Roast Treloar’s partner fumes after being made the ‘scapegoat’ by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the netty season started this weekend. Hope they've done a welfare-check on Treloar, given Collingwood's serious concerns.

I can’t imagine how bad the pies would be if they had of kept Treloar ... they dodged a bullet there.
Couldn't agree more.

They have been very well served by keeping De Goey around on $750,000 a year too.

Bit unfortunate about having to pay Beams though... but what can you do? Completely unforeseeable turn of events, that one.

Last edited:
Oh well, in that case, I suppose they are getting pretty good value for their money :oops:

Treloar is playing better than De Goey, who they're paying $1.5 mill
* also paying $1.5m

It's $300k pa for five years to Treloar.
Trade for the equivalent (on current ladder positions) of pick 44.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty amazing how much media time / column inches / minutes is being dedicated to this silly jumper issue ...

Irrespective of whether you think the jumper issue is ‘silly‘, it does show the club‘s character that they’re prepared to fight on the moral high ground ... selectively.

... and they are letting Maguire run free on non-issues instead of hammering him on his poor leadership on Treloar.

Ed has gone. He’s ancient history ...

... but worth noting what the new President has since done:

Apology to Lumumba? Yep

Admit Treloar thing was handled poorly? Yep. Apology to Ravillion? Nup

The fact they cooked their salary cap and hung one of their "side by side' players out to dry is ridiculous.

Um, two players actually.

Something that seems to have escaped mention in all of this is that Ravillion had been a Collingwood player too (netball). You don’t treat your own like that. And you don’t treat their WAG / HAB like that either.

Last edited:
We got Tom "Bargain Bin" Phillips for pick 65 in that fire sale, but I think we're paying his wages unfortunately :disappointed:
Most pick 65s play about 20 games over their career. You still got an absolute steal

Clubs using the term ... “it’s a cut throat business” ... to justify treating people like Treloar like sh*t, are just lazy.
... it’s not hard to treat people the right way.
meh Treloar walked out on a club himself only weeks after saying he loved the place and the rumors of him leaving were totally false

DeGoey has a day in court in his future - that makes him untradeable.
The thing is it probably meant you could pay him a whole lot less when he re-signed. All this salary talk is speculation so it might be you did, but the reports are that he’s on a very good wicket.

Were it me I would have punted him and kept one or two of the others but we probably know 10% of what has actually happened.

Clubs using the term ... “it’s a cut throat business” ... to justify treating people like Treloar like sh*t, are just lazy.
... it’s not hard to treat people the right way.
Its a lot easier sell than telling your supporter base that you list management practices are bordering on the incompetent.

Especially when they were in the business of selling pre-season hope for what was shaping up and has proven to be a disastrous season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back