Rumour Treloar seriously considering a move to the Suns after his partner signs for the Firebirds

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
It is a strange situation. Take COVID and non professional athletes out of it, would still be awfully odd for a mother and a father with a young child to live in separate states for a period of time. Then factor in potentially COVID still, and they are both professional athletes...makes it even more odd.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree. I don't think Treloar is the "A grade elite" that many think he is.

That's right. He's very soft.

I'd prefer keeping guys like Adams, and moving De Goey and Daicos as our future midfield. Treloar has skill but just no hardness about him. His disposals are literally grab the ball and rush kick to nobody in particular when he has some pressure on him. He is not a game winner. I've seen Adams and De Goey win games and drag us over the line on their own, but haven't seen Treloar do this. He was absent in that final last week. I watched him closely and he did nothing.

Suns can have him if he wants to go. No saltiness. He's just not a player that we should be bending over backwards to keep. Preferably I'd like him to stay, but as mentioned.. I would think we aren't going to be throwing everything his way to try to keep him. A reasonable contract for the player he is and that's it - above average, but not elite tier.

whispers now!

Draftee
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Not
Agree. I don't think Treloar is the "A grade elite" that many think he is.
Agree not a A grade elite but a nice pay packet,Perhaps 650k a year?,I would like to be non elite,Obviously very supportive of his partners needs which is great,All the the best to Adam and his wife with the little one.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rumour is at least halfway true now that Collingwood have revealed they don't want Treloar anymore and are even willing to pay $200k of his 2021 salary at another club. Suns still considered the frontrunners to land him.

This rumour is becoming more and more real by the day.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's right. He's very soft.

I'd prefer keeping guys like Adams, and moving De Goey and Daicos as our future midfield. Treloar has skill but just no hardness about him. His disposals are literally grab the ball and rush kick to nobody in particular when he has some pressure on him. He is not a game winner. I've seen Adams and De Goey win games and drag us over the line on their own, but haven't seen Treloar do this. He was absent in that final last week. I watched him closely and he did nothing.

Suns can have him if he wants to go. No saltiness. He's just not a player that we should be bending over backwards to keep. Preferably I'd like him to stay, but as mentioned.. I would think we aren't going to be throwing everything his way to try to keep him. A reasonable contract for the player he is and that's it - above average, but not elite tier.

He’s contracted for another 5 years on massive coin though. You’re talking like he’s uncontracted and demanding more then he’s worth. The money is already his and from the sounds of it Collingwood want to get rid of him and not the other way around.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s contracted for another 5 years on massive coin though. You’re talking like he’s uncontracted and demanding more then he’s worth. The money is already his and from the sounds of it Collingwood want to get rid of him and not the other way around.
Yep, Treloar has already come out and said he doesn't want to leave.

It's not Treloar's fault that Colingwood have really overpaid him.

It's poor optics by Collingwood.

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, Treloar has already come out and said he doesn't want to leave.

It's not Treloar's fault that Colingwood have really overpaid him.

It's poor optics by Collingwood.
I think it’s disgusting, our club have really ****ed up with payments. This is not Adams fault. You could toss Philips and Thomas for the same cost saving results and we keep the better player. If he is hard to coach then find the way to do it. He has talent and skill, and class.

Edit, yeah I’m flipping here, the clubs statement makes sense. He’s supporting his missus however her career is at its end, which is why she didn’t get a Melbourne contract, he however is in the middle of his. He owes Collingwood. He has history, mental health is now more visual in the AFL, this decision is the best for both parties. Do I think her and the baby should stay in Melbourne? Yes I do, sheis hanging onto the end of her career, he is in the middle of hers. It’s a no brainer. He is choosing to support her but he needs to think of his employer too. How long before he needs another leave of absence?

Last edited:
Back