Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently intel on the kid is can play,little small in stature but great ball user from what i have heard.
Mad pies supporter so he has the insipration already.
Great to see him and Rantall as part of our extended younger brigade.

The kid has potential but we seem to now have a few similar 180cm or so type smalls in Daicos, Quaynor, Noble, Bianco all competing for a role within the team

So it may take Trent a couple of seasons to break in to the line up

Sometimes me pickles in me liver get barnacles.
When that be, arrrgh...
But, let me tell ye, 'tis usually b'cause eh fine slip o' o lad has joined our fleet!
Slainte!
The good ship Collingwood!
Bianco!

The kid has potential but we seem to now have a few similar 180cm or so type smalls in Daicos, Quaynor, Noble, Bianco all competing for a role within the team

Daicos more a Forward and Nobel and Quyanor are HBFers which where Bianco plays so maybe see 1 of them go onto the Wing

Which wouldn't be the end of the world of course! At pick 45 we're not going to be expecting him to come in and be an instant star, and really if he does make it at some stage as a regular player it will be a nice bonus, perhaps!

Daicos more a Forward and Nobel and Quyanor are HBFers which where Bianco plays so maybe see 1 of them go onto the Wing

I don’t like Daicos at half forward. I think he is better suited to half back role. Remember him looking good there during a preseason game as he had time to measure and penetrate with his kicks.

But yeah, certainly no room for all of Daicos, Nobel, Quaynor and Bianco in the team I’d say

I don’t like Daicos at half forward. I think he is better suited to half back role. Remember him looking good there during a preseason game as he had time to measure and penetrate with his kicks.

But yeah, certainly no room for all of Daicos, Nobel, Quaynor and Bianco in the team I’d say

Not this year anyway.

Daicos needs to concentrate on building consistency and doing enough to stay on the list rather than being defined by his role. There aren’t many that survive beyond 4 seasons without showing they’re definitely up to it or at least giving glimpses and being restricted by injuries.

Daicos needs to concentrate on building consistency and doing enough to stay on the list rather than being defined by his role. There aren’t many that survive beyond 4 seasons without showing they’re definitely up to it or at least giving glimpses and being restricted by injuries.

He will be kept on to help little brother settle in then get the flick.

He will be kept on to help little brother settle in then get the flick.
That just might be too generous! With Nick's first season set to be 2022 that would mean Josh having at least another 3 years on our books (2020-2022). I think he needs to show something very soon.

I reckon he needs a defined suitable role to do enough to stay on the list. For small forward, I don't think he has the pace or brilliance to compensate.

If I was him, I'd be pitching a role to the coaching staff - either small defender or wing and then either going hard in the gym to bulk up for small defender or go hard on the tan to raise his endurance for wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he needs a defined suitable role to do enough to stay on the list. For small forward, I don't think he has the pace or brilliance to compensate.

If I was him, I'd be pitching a role to the coaching staff - either small defender or wing and then either going hard in the gym to bulk up for small defender or go hard on the tan to raise his endurance for wing.

His role has been clearly defined for mine as a high half forward. Given his body shape, accountability, pace, ball winning and skill it’s the role he’s best suited too. The problem as I see it is he just isn’t that good...

He has the heath Scotland's about him

His role has been clearly defined for mine as a high half forward. Given his body shape, accountability, pace, ball winning and skill it’s the role he’s best suited too. The problem as I see it is he just isn’t that good...

I think the club see wing in his future given he seems to have played there for much of the 2019 VFL season. Could see him playing that role in a very similar way to Aish. A little shorter, not as good in the air, but more willing to take the game on. Be interested to hear where he's been lining up during match sims.

I don't think he'll make it. But to me he's no chance as a half forward, because the core of that role has become pressure, with scoreboard impact being the other tick. I don't think he offers much of either. Whereas I think he's an outside chance of becoming an efficient linkman from wing or back flank.

I don't think he'll make it. But to me he's no chance as a half forward, because the core of that role has become pressure, with scoreboard impact being the other tick. I don't think he offers much of either. Whereas I think he's an outside chance of becoming an efficient linkman from wing or back flank.

Ouside of Good Kicking he does not offer much more

LOL. After years of lamenting our poor foot skills we now recruit a player who appears elite on both side and you are still not happy. I think it has been mentioned that he is a good decision maker and has leadership potential.

They are a few decent traits to start with.
I'm almost certain the post you quoted was referring to Daicos, not Bianco! Most of the recent posts have been about Daicos, for whatever reason!

Wingers need to have elite endurance, half backers also need to be able to shut down their man.

Daicos hasn't shown either of those abilities at all.

Wingers need to have elite endurance, half backers also need to be able to shut down their man.

Daicos hasn't shown either of those abilities at all.
Yeah, I"m not confident that he'll make it in any position. I just think he's no chance as a forward, so if I was him, I'd be asking for a shot at a different role and I'd work my butt off on either endurance or strength depending on whether he gets a shot at outside mid or defender. Ultimately though, I think he's physically just NQR for the AFL.

I'm almost certain the post you quoted was referring to Daicos, not Bianco! Most of the recent posts have been about Daicos, for whatever reason!

Correct and it seems I was responsible. Bringing it full circle Bianco offers something the others in the mix for his role don’t, elite use on both sides, so whilst I’d prefer he doesn’t receive early games I think he’ll be in the frame if he adapts quickly to our structures.

All we can hope for this year is he takes to the VFL like a duck to water, and slams the door down re: selection

Or perhaps more likely the traditional Collingwood way, with 15+ on the injured list and Bianco blooded out of necessity..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back