Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I think we've got a nice group coming through, but they're all icing and I'm not sure where the cake is coming from.
I Think N Daicos may be the cake we are needing but there are already some very good boys pushing through and we have 2 197cm 18 yr old forwards to look forward to also. I think with the Daicos boys and Bianco providing the delivery we may have some happy days ahead.

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
He doesn’t look overally fit. We will see how he goes.
Well you would not look fit if you were not playing for almost 3 mths but just lookout when he has match fitness, a bit of perspective on your part maybe handy when discussing a bloke who has played probably 10 games or less in the last 2 yrs tbf.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
He’s not a first year player though. Would be Rising Star eligible at least!
They're a bit flexible about who counts as a first year player for the purpose of that award. Quaynor won it last year and Josh Thomas won it in 2013. But will be hard for him to go past McCreery and Poulter anyway.

Ugene41

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Such elite kicking skills on both sides, AFL level composure from day one and also the strength from day one to stick massive tackles.

My favourite young player at the moment. I compared him to Neale before but with his kicking on both sides, maybe Sam Mitchell is the better comparison.

Rusty Beam

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah neat player, doesn’t look like an athlete he looks like a footy player.

His kicking is obviously top shelf. Which really stands out in our team.

But honestly it’s his innate positioning that impresses me most. He just knows where to be in order to find the footy or link up in chains of possession.

He’ll look better and better as the team improves in this regard because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picks the right option too - some say he is a little slow but I'd rather that than the furious pace of Treloar and spraying it.

We can cover for “a little slow” if every one of his touches starts a scoring chain!

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hear the Sam Mitchell comparison, but there would be still question marks on whether he will become an inside/clearance player like Mitchell.

I think he is more of a Sidebottom but with poorer endurance - e.g. not fast, and not a 'bull', but hopefully be a good link up player through the middle of the ground, and have good kicking skills on both sides.

I can see him settling onto a wing at some point, although we do have a few good wing-type prospects of a similar age (Poulter, Macrae, J Daicos, N Daicos initially probably), so some will need to find time on the flanks. I think he'd be a very useful half back (played there in the preseason last year) as long as his lack of pace doesn't get exposed.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hear the Sam Mitchell comparison, but there would be still question marks on whether he will become an inside/clearance player like Mitchell.

I think he is more of a Sidebottom but with poorer endurance - e.g. not fast, and not a 'bull', but hopefully be a good link up player through the middle of the ground, and have good kicking skills on both sides.

I can see him settling onto a wing at some point, although we do have a few good wing-type prospects of a similar age (Poulter, Macrae, J Daicos, N Daicos initially probably), so some will need to find time on the flanks. I think he'd be a very useful half back (played there in the preseason last year) as long as his lack of pace doesn't get exposed.
Last man in the link, has the composure and skill to pierce the defensive curtain.

Ugene41

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood

He's two games into his career. Every midfielder starts off on a flank/wing before they get the chance in the middle. So it's not so much question marks as just getting the opportunity and development in the midfield.

I'm sure Sam Mitchell wasn't an inside/outside clearance player in his first 2 games.

Bianco already seems to have the body shape and strength to stick big tackles so I hope we can start giving him opportunities in the centre square soon.

He and Poulter would be the pick of the 19/20 class for me, both now and projecting forward, on what we have seen so far.

Bianco looks a chance to be the best. Elite foot skills go a long way as does finding the pill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back