Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is class with ball in hand but quite slow. But Tony Shaw was slow too.

He's no slower than Phillips and we persevered with him for a long time.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to be another one who is played out of position. Putting him in dead mans corner isn't helping. Why do we try and develop all our on balers as flankers, just play him on the wing, opposite daicos all year and lets let him develop properly

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to be another one who is played out of position. Putting him in dead mans corner isn't helping. Why do we try and develop all our on balers as flankers, just play him on the wing, opposite daicos all year and lets let him develop properly
And I should add that it took Essendon 4 years to realise that Parish is a midfielder and not a flanker, lets not go down that path with Bianco

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Natural Mid that, (like most of our young natural mids trying to break through) is spending far too much time roaming around the forward line.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I should add that it took Essendon 4 years to realise that Parish is a midfielder and not a flanker, lets not go down that path with Bianco

Happy for him to wait and earn his midfield opportunities. He'll continue to get rotations but until he's better than the incumbents in that role then he should wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Not sure what the impatience is in regards to Trent. Has shown his skills are up to the level and always seems to be in good spots. Doing more than enough for a kid whose played 5 games. Feel like he is being played out of position too. Not sure he is a HFF. His problem at the moment is the role he is probably more suited too (creative HB/BP) is one we have ok depth in at the moment. Maynard, Noble, IQ etc.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
so bianco needs to play midfield.... callum brown needs to play midfield.... i'm sure there are JT fans who want him in there..... Sier needs to play midfield... De Goey wants to be in there.... Elliott too. I'd bet that probably half the list wants to play midfield because they'll get more kicks in there.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can someone please correct me if I go this stat wrong. But I think one of the commentators yesterday said that our of Bianco's 17 inside 50s prior to yesterday's game, that Collingwood had retained 12/17.

Just keep playing him please.

Yeah im not keen on the give him a rest calls. One of his kicks yesterday was pretty damaging into the centre and started off a chain to a goal.

Love the bloody confidence in his ability to pass it there.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
I like that he is a great kick and that he's not taking the safe option all the time. One kick he did v the Tigers was a perfectly weighted kick into the corridor. Unfortunately he didn't factor in a tigers player getting there for the spoil. Might have gone down their end for a goal. Was a blunder but i like his confidence to go for it and it almost came off if not for the good work of the opposition. Many of his other kicks come off so I feel it's a net positive if he keeps on kicking them.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like that he is a great kick and that he's not taking the safe option all the time. One kick he did v the Tigers was a perfectly weighted kick into the corridor. Unfortunately he didn't factor in a tigers player getting there for the spoil. Might have gone down their end for a goal. Was a blunder but i like his confidence to go for it and it almost came off if not for the good work of the opposition. Many of his other kicks come off so I feel it's a net positive if he keeps on kicking them.
Yep if the balance of probability is weighted in your favor ignore the the rest.

Rather try that they go Backwards and Sideways

Back