Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for him to wait and earn his midfield opportunities. He'll continue to get rotations but until he's better than the incumbents in that role then he should wait.
Yep. I'm glad that the coaches don't listen to bigfooty.

Play the kids and play them in their natural midfield roles. I sure as hell won't want to watch us if he line up with Bianco, Macrae and Rantall as our starting midfield.

Bianco should get a game this week. As a childhood Pies fan, nothing will make him happier than beating Carlton that's for sure.

Just starting to struggle a little. I wouldn't be averse to him being managed this week. He'll have plenty of time to rack up W's against Carlton.

A rest, or a go around in the VFL might do him some good... but he needs to spend more time in the middle rather than stuck out on a flank... But I guess thats what we do...
He'll get more of the ball and thus look better if he plays midfield, but we'll be a lesser team for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco’s taken to AFL footy like a duck to water. Doesn’t look out of place, or intimidated by playing at senior level. He’s a keeper.

Still not sold on him. Needs to get more of the footy to capitalise on his greatest strength, his disposal, and I'm not sure he has the tricks to do that. Especially given he lacks the pace needed to create separation. More midfield exposure might be just what he needs but at the moment he's behind quite a few.

Still not sold on him. Needs to get more of the footy to capitalise on his greatest strength, his disposal, and I'm not sure he has the tricks to do that. Especially given he lacks the pace needed to create separation. More midfield exposure might be just what he needs but at the moment he's behind quite a few.

Like Who?

I feel confident he will get more of the ball with more experience. 10 games in? I see him as a player who will really get going as he nears the magic 50 games.

He doesn’t catch the eye like some of our other debutants this year, but I think he will be a steady and very reliable player, without necessarily being a star.

I feel confident he will get more of the ball with more experience. 10 games in? I see him as a player who will really get going as he nears the magic 50 games.

He doesn’t catch the eye like some of our other debutants this year, but I think he will be a steady and very reliable player, without necessarily being a star.

When he gets the Ball in his Hands you do Notice Him

Buddy you have no idea he will be fantastic his composure is unbelievable and his disposal is elite honestly what do you look for in a kid

Tracking very similar to Josh Daicos at the same age, same stage of career.

Bianco just needs more preseasons to add further power to his legs, hips and core. Daicos did and his game went to another level.

Bianco will be a weapon in a 12-18months time

I think he will “click” into the flow of game, just like Henry after he also looked a little underwhelming early on.
I see pace as his only issue but it’s no worst that Sideys.

I’d argue that an average of 13 disposals for a first year mid playing on a forward flank is actually quite good. There are plenty of mids who can accumulate through the guts but can’t get a sniff forward, the fact he’s getting reasonable amounts of the pill in arguably one of the toughest positions on the ground to do so bodes well for him imo.

Edit: yes I’m aware he’s a second year, but let’s face it, outside of Ruscoe, none of our 2019 draftees played anything resembling a real game last year. They’re basically first years.

I’d argue that an average of 13 disposals for a first year mid playing on a forward flank is actually quite good. There are plenty of mids who can accumulate through the guys but can’t get a sniff forward, the fact he’s getting reasonable amounts of the pill in arguably one of the toughest positions on the ground to do so bodes well for him imo.

Edit: yes I’m aware he’s a second year, but let’s face it, outside of Ruscoe, none of our 2019 draftees played anything resembling a real game last year. They’re basically first years.
I classify Bianco as a first year player, given he debuted this year. So no need to clarify :)

Seems to be another one who is played out of position. Putting him in dead mans corner isn't helping. Why do we try and develop all our on balers as flankers, just play him on the wing, opposite daicos all year and lets let him develop properly

And I guess we take Poulter off a wing for Bianco? Where does Poulter go? Forward flank dead mans corner? Or back flank for Ruscoe? Then Ruscoe can go… goes on and on… we can’t rotate 15 blokes through the centre square, he has show he is a good kick inside 50 and has snagged a few, I’d say it’s where he should be for now. People have this obsession with where someone plays with no thought of the flow on effect and balance of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's had multiple games with 15+ disposals and can hit the scoreboard. I think that's pretty solid for a 20 year-old half-forward / wing in a weak side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back