Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

The effect is the same, but to be technical, no, Carmichael hasn't replaced Roughy in the 42. Rough still on it. Think it was Kreuger who had the season ender, but that is no matter. The MSRD effectively creates a temporary extra spot on the rookie list. That is where Carmichael will sit. This is important because Carmichael can stay on the rookie list rather than being on the senior list.
That's the technicality, but the practicality is that Roughed has already been replaced by Carmichael in the list of 42. We still need to create 3 vacancies in the list before the draft - after trades. Carmichael being a rookie helps salary cap, because ideally you run at 36 and 6 rookies, but the Roughy list spot in the 42 is already taken.

It's 43 because Roughy is still on the list, but it's really 42.
Bring in 5 we need to drop 6 including Roughy, 45 was pretty good list management and netted Carmichael but both B's have to go now and the squeeze is on, for me it's the difference with Wilson, he's worth a rookie but not a main spot

His skill was lauded in his draft year.
In his first few games he had the knack of weighting the kick to perfection.
Then it disappeared for some reason.
Last week it returned somewhat, (I recall a perfectly weighted left foot kick).
That kick of his to Billy was weighted to perfection!

Bianco was my favourite debutant from last year. Great to see him bounce back after some second year blues. Definitely see him making it. How good is it having good decision makers with good skills in the team like Daicos x 2 and Bianco.

People go watch that final play again.

Pendlebury and Moore delivered precisely which was fantastic while we all know what Elliott achieved but that kick by Bianco was totally insane also.

Not only did he put it to a position that gave Elliott the only chance to mark against 2 opponents he held off making the kick just enough so he could get Elliott within range.

A less composed play by Bianco would have seen the ball quickly delivered towards a leading Elliott just outside the 50m arc but Elliott to his credit quickly realised what was possible, lead back and Bianco split the two Essendon defenders with the pass.

Just beautiful.

Last edited:

Pendlebury and Moore delivered preciously which was fantastic while we all know what Elliott achieved but that kick by Bianco was totally insane also.

Not only did he put it to a position that gave Elliott the only chance to mark against 2 opponents he held off making the kick just enough so he could get Elliott within range.

A less composed play by Bianco would have seen the ball quickly delivered towards a leading Elliott just outside the 50m arc but Elliott to his credit quickly realised what was possible, lead back and Bianco split the two Essendon defenders with the pass.

Just beautiful.

His last quarter was really great. About 5 touches and a few tackles that made real impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury and Moore delivered precisely which was fantastic while we all know what Elliott achieved but that kick by Bianco was totally insane also.

Just beautiful.
Each kick in that final passage was perfection. Neither Moore nor Bianco needed to break stride to mark it, and Elliott had the prime position for what should have been a near-unwinnable contest

His skill was lauded in his draft year.
In his first few games he had the knack of weighting the kick to perfection.
Then it disappeared for some reason.
Last week it returned somewhat, (I recall a perfectly weighted left foot kick).
That kick of his to Billy was weighted to perfection!
People are giving Bianco far too much credit for that kick to Elliott. He got the ball, and kicked it long to a contest. Elliott was good enough to get to the spot and outmark both opponents.

He will need to either strengthen up to win more inside ball or become an aerobic beast to have any chance of being a long term player.

If he was quicker he could easily become a very good player as he does have good skills. If he was really strong, could see him being ok on the inside too.

Isn't blessed with many great athletic attributes, but tries very hard and you feel he will get the best out of himself.

Bianco was always going to take a bit longer to start to come good. People saying he would be delisted was just silly. In 2 years time he will be a gun

I have been a non believer in Bianco but he has certainly shown he has something. His lack of pace is an issue but he has a quick brain and game awareness that others lack. He showed urgency in moments when it was required and his poise in the final seconds when he had a brief moment to sum up what lay ahead of him and delivered the most exquisitely weighted kick I have ever seen under the heat and pressure of that seething cauldron was remarkable.

I felt so happy for him as I watched him jumping up and down like a kid with pure ecstasy on his face. In that moment he was the little boy who loved the Pies and dreamed of that moment as he played in his backyard.

If he never plays another game he has a memory worth more than any amount of money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back