Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of his jack in the box kicks over his head in traffic were fantastic
the highlights David King showed last week, lauding Bianco's vision in traffic in hitting running targets, was fantastic.
You cant have too many players in a team with great vision, smarts, and ability to seamlessly and accurately kick on either foot.

He did say if the Essendon game was a final, he’d have played. Insinuated he was extremely close this weekend. I’ve got no doubt Jordy will be playing against Port.

It’s Grundy who is the concern. He pretty much ruled him out against Port, and I couldn’t see him coming back in after a few months off to face Gawn.

Grundy won’t be back until Sydney IMO with JDG back this week v Port.
Your confidence is entertaining - from the outlook of 68 years on this planet I know that nothing is written in stone . . . unless it's written in stone.

I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Haha! You are rating a player after just one kick!

It's not quite just his first 'couple of games' - this is Bianco's third year on the list, and he still hasn't show a great deal to suggest he 'can play'. The fact that he kicked one bomb into the forwardline with 15 seconds left in a game that was to a contest (that Elliott marked), doesn't make him a player.

And you have to rate a player who has been around for ~3 seasons, otherwise we'd still have a lot of duds on our list who were rightfully delisted after 2-3 seasons.
2 COVID interrupted years hardly qualify as full years.
its a very simple principal at play here - the last 2 weeks Bianco has shown poise, skill and vision that is lacking in most of AFL players. And reinforces the glimpses of this talent he has shown before.

Why do you feel the need to deride what are clear skills. and NOT just ONE kick, that will make him more likely to succeed than not.

Last edited:
Haha! You are rating a player after just one kick!

It's not quite just his first 'couple of games' - this is Bianco's third year on the list, and he still hasn't show a great deal to suggest he 'can play'. The fact that he kicked one bomb into the forwardline with 15 seconds left in a game that was to a contest (that Elliott marked), doesn't make him a player.

And you have to rate a player who has been around for ~3 seasons, otherwise we'd still have a lot of duds on our list who were rightfully delisted after 2-3 seasons.

The last two games he's played makes him potentially a player.

Your confidence is entertaining - from the outlook of 68 years on this planet I know that nothing is written in stone . . . unless it's written in stone.

I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Cloudy clinging to the hope one of our best players won’t be picked is more entertaining. Is he a real Collingwood supporter?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

i dont doubt that he's a good footballer. It's scary just how much that bomber caught up to him on that play. It would have been great to see him burn off everyone, but bianco is never going to experience that feeling. He has to operate within tight parameters and that might still prove to be his achilles heel. Whatever happens next, i think that he'll be able to live off the sportsman nights where he can retell the events of sunday.....
if you've played the game you would know, kicking with that accuracy at full pace is impossible.
Bianco needed to slow down to pinpoint that pass, so no wonder the Ess player made ground.

if you've played the game you would know, kicking with that accuracy at full pace is impossible.
Bianco needed to slow down to pinpoint that pass, so no wonder the Ess player made ground.

no i never got to play. i was born without feet but i always liked the game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont doubt that he's a good footballer. It's scary just how much that bomber caught up to him on that play. It would have been great to see him burn off everyone, but bianco is never going to experience that feeling. He has to operate within tight parameters and that might still prove to be his achilles heel. Whatever happens next, i think that he'll be able to live off the sportsman nights where he can retell the events of sunday.....
yes i agree with this
i really like the kid and like his good attributes
but lack of pace is going to be hard to cover, especially if you arent big (i think you may be able to cover for one or the other, but not both)

The kick ended up with a great result but(being picky) if it hadn't, I reckon more than a few would have pointed out Mihocek was on his own on the 50 arc which would have been the percentage option.

Your post provided yet another opportunity to watch the video just to check out Mihochek's position. You're probably correct about him being more centrally placed etc, though I doubt he would have been on his own by the time the ball reached him. However, as we've all seen Elliott more times than we care to count coolly slotting the goal, it seems the best choice was made by Bianco. I reckon Mihochek would have missed from the distance.

Fly also repeated the same message on AFL360
I don't know how often I need to repeat it.

So I'll try a different way . . .

Infer isn't a categorical statement.

It's not that I doubt he will play if he isn't fully fit - however some of us don't jump to categorical assumptions on someone inferring.

Really pleased for Bianco. His last couple of games have really shown something. Surely he remains in the side - but who goes to make way for JDG? Don’t say Carmichael, he was one of our last quarter heroes! Decisions, decisions…

Really pleased for Bianco. His last couple of games have really shown something. Surely he remains in the side - but who goes to make way for JDG? Don’t say Carmichael, he was one of our last quarter heroes! Decisions, decisions…
Maynard is surely a certain out. I'd also like to see Ginnivan playing VFL. Not like for like, but JDG needn't replace either Bianco or Carmichael with a bit of clever shuffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back