Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
At least three of his clangers were just inexperience. He probably gets away with not getting far enough back from the man on the mark in VFL and juniors....but senior players are much bigger (and have better reflexes) and WCE players blocked three of his "low passes" (which were struck well but just too low) by guarding his mark.
When he had his set shots, he had time to set himself up and he only had to kick at a target. And you saw the result of the kicks!
His kicking coach this week will work with him on getting more separation from his marker and his passes should hit their mark a lot more in future. The one "shank" he had was just a rushed kick....he is fundamentally a good kick (biomechanically) so experience will improve his % as he gets more games.

Shannin

Shibbly Inu
May 23, 2021
Dolphin Point
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully he learns from today's game, he was trying to be too pretty with his first few kicks . He needs more games under his belt so hope he doesn't get dropped

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully he learns from today's game, he was trying to be too pretty with his first few kicks . He needs more games under his belt so hope he doesn't get dropped
He shouldn't be dropped he made a few poor decisions but experience will fix that and the only way to get experience is to play.

He shouldn't be dropped he made a few poor decisions but experience will fix that and the only way to get experience is to play.
It'd be moronic to drop a good kick for some kicking errors. There may be some other reason to drop him, but not for those clangers.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most of the times I saw him fluff the kick , he crouched over T. Adams style and tried to be overly careful. Hopefully he's not modelling his short kicking on Taylor Adams :eek:

Most of the times I saw him fluff the kick , he crouched over T. Adams style and tried to be overly careful. Hopefully he's not modelling his short kicking on Taylor Adams :eek:

Do the Opposite

He has a better knack for popping for a goal than what I thought he would
He missed a shot, then was nearby when Dom Sheed kicked his.
His reaction was priceless, it was like that’s what you’re supposed to do, (kick the goal).
Next shot from near the boundary he nailed it.
Really like his attitude.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Just had one of those days, didn't he. I'm very encouraged by the signs he's shown so far

But he might be hitting a wall too, remember this is effectively his first year. He might need a circuit breaker or week as sub next week, to freshen up.

This game was a learning experience and he’ll be better for it …

… and no doubt he’ll have a few things to work on. I wouldn’t be adverse to him being dropped to work in those things in the seconds. We’ve got other kids who are putting their hand up for a game.

Jan 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood Magpies
Yeah his kicking was a bit astray at time with the opponents cutting it off, maybe he has some technical issues to work on. Many in the know suggest he could be our next captain after Tay.

He missed a shot, then was nearby when Dom Sheed kicked his.
His reaction was priceless, it was like that’s what you’re supposed to do, (kick the goal).
Next shot from near the boundary he nailed it.
Really like his attitude.
Please refrain from mentioning Dom Sheed goals ever again.

To be fair he's been very poor the past month, his kicking is his only strength and even that's been bad.

He was not getting as many Touches but just last week where his Disposal Dropped off a But

Back