Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional club doctors of Dylan Shiel
vs
Former assistant coach who spoke to Dylan Shiel after the game

I wonder whose opinion carries more weight.

You mean a Herald Sun reporter who said without quoting that the medical report "indicated" the doctors were uncertain.

It was delayed concussion - of course they cant say with 100% certainty what caused it, and on top of that the journalist stated that it only "indicated" that they were uncertain.
But its pretty damn obvious what did cause it.

Ill wait until they quote the doctor i think.

You mean a Herald Sun reporter who said without quoting that the medical report "indicated" the doctors were uncertain.

It was delayed concussion - of course they cant say with 100% certainty what caused it, and on top of that the journalist stated that it only "indicated" that they were uncertain.

So what are your thoughts on the second collision? You seem desperate to avoid that issue. Have you seen the Astbury contact? Can you categorically say one did more damage than the other? And by extension then, how negligent are the medicos if they had an unfit player out there for ten minutes? Should Shiel sue the club?

AND YOU HAD TO PLAY YOUR FIRST FINAL AT THE MCG. OMG. THIS IS A CONSPIRACY TO HOLD THE MIGHTY GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB DOWN. IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA.
No its not a conspiracy the AFL's intensions are very transparent in this case. It was about money and that's it. Your example is flawed even though you're obviously taking the piss. A poor example doesn't preclude the AFL still being a corrept farce and no doubt have it in for the Cats.

Chapman gets pinged for a hit on Gray that didn't even result in concussion and he doesn't play in the prelim we lose to the Hawks by less than a goal. Cotchin goes for Shiels head with a clenched fist elbow tucked in and shoulder get him flush on the noggin and Sheil played no further part in the game.

But that's all good cos it's richmond who've been s**t for 35 years and need a leg up. :rolleyes:

No its not a conspiracy the AFL's intensions are very transparent in this case. It was about money and that's it. Your example is flawed even though you're obviously taking the piss. A poor example doesn't preclude the AFL still being a corrept farce and no doubt have it in for the Cats.

Chapman gets pinged for a hit on Gray that didn't even result in concussion and he doesn't play in the prelim we lose to the Hawks by less than a goal. Cotchin goes for Shiels head with a clenched fist elbow tucked in and shoulder get him flush on the noggin and Sheil played no further part in the game.

But that's all good cos it's richmond who've been s**t for 35 years and need a leg up. :rolleyes:

Chapman was a bald headed sniper. He deserved everything he got. And i'm shocked to see a cats supporter pissing and moaning.

And
Dude, the MRP precedent was set years ago on GF issues and suspensions. And also, Essendon were innocent and never tipped off and tanking never existed. Essendon never salary cap cheated and got away with it and we don't have a drug issue or culture with the players.
Drink the cool aid bro, it's good for you.
And I repeat!

What do you mean only "indicated" they were uncertain? If they weren't able to say that it was Cotchin's hit or Asbury's hit that gave Shiel the concussion, then they are obviously uncertain. There isn't really any room for grey area or ambiguity here.

This game is frustrating. For 99% of the season 16 clubs are judged by 1 set of rules, with them all to be thrown out the window for 2 clubs at the end of the year.

I feel sorry for Shiel and the GWS, but I am not surprised sadly. The game is heavily weighted to the favoured story of the day (in this case the fairy tale story of Richmond) and unfortunately to the Victorian clubs. I wish it wasnt the case. After many years of watching Freo and all the other interstate teams get treated differently than the large Vic teams, especially with the fixtures/draw, its hard not to be surprised that the impact on GWS was ignored. Clearly different to the rule applied to everyone else this year which impacted all our results along the way.

But the AFL will get its story. After being excited for the Tigers I am now dismayed by the whole thing.

This game is frustrating. For 99% of the season 16 clubs are judged by 1 set of rules, with them all to be thrown out the window for 2 clubs at the end of the year.

I feel sorry for Shiel and the GWS, but I am not surprised sadly. The game is heavily weighted to the favoured story of the day (in this case the fairy tale story of Richmond) and unfortunately to the Victorian clubs. I wish it wasnt the case. After many years of watching Freo and all the other interstate teams get treated differently than the large Vic teams, especially with the fixtures/draw, its hard not to be surprised that the impact on GWS was ignored. Clearly different to the rule applied to everyone else this year which impacted all our results along the way.

But the AFL will get its story. After being excited for the Tigers I am now dismayed by the whole thing.
Manipulation at work?

Would not be surprised if there was more to come!

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/09/25/shiel-was-cheated-cotchin-non-citing

(Shiel) feels cheated. I've talked to him," Williams told SEN Radio on Monday.

"Did he get concussed? Yes he did.

"Did he get concussed in the first collision with Cotchin? Yes he did.

"He could not see properly after that. There was an opportunity where he goes for a mark and completely misses it.

"I feel for him, he has been completely cheated by the system."

Sorry Shiel the Grand Final is bigger than you mate. Player welfare, rules of the game come second to money and power, like in all things I suppose.

Not with Cotch's shoulder, he wasn't. And stop reading what you want to read. Read the whole post if you are going to comment.
I know exactly what you wrote.

And I'm saying that Cotchin wemt in for a bump and hit Shiel in the end. We've seen players suspended for giving whiplash from a bump before. Let alone making contact with the head, which is what Cotchon did. And got away with it. Good luck to him and to your club on Sat

What do you mean only "indicated" they were uncertain? If they weren't able to say that it was Cotchin's hit or Asbury's hit that gave Shiel the concussion, then they are obviously uncertain. There isn't really any room for grey area or ambiguity here.

That's kinda my point. The journalist said...

"The Herald Sun reported on Monday, the GWS medical report given to the MRP indicated the club’s doctors were uncertain if Cotchin’s hit caused Shiel’s concussion symptoms or if a second collision between Shiel and Richmond’s David Astbury — 10 minutes later in the first quarter — could have caused the damage."

So in other words the report didnt say that at all or they would have said it - the journalist feels that thats what it indicates though.

I'll be going with Choco's quote over what the journalist feels the report "indicates", until i actually hear or read what the doc said. The doc could have said were 99% sure it was caused by Cotch, and the journalist could say, well that "indicates they're uncertain".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah here they are: 3825 633

Go figure out what that spells.
What’s the tally after 19 ...you told me danger had it won?

Get some vinegar for your fish

You have plenty of salt

Surely no one is surprised by this decision.

AFL are corrupt and always have been changing the goal posts to suit their own agenda.

Poor Wichmond and we cannot suspend their faux tough guy with the killer hair cut..... :rolleyes:

Hope the Crows smash them.
Yeah, I'm not surprised by this decision because it was incidental contact between two players contesting the ball.

Then, you're a Blues supporter, so I guess you wouldn't understand contested footy?

Danger played one less game as a result of being rubbed out for a bullshit decision. Move along dude...you've got a grand final to go and lose.
So what was the final tally? Was it less than three?

Rubbish. You just can't comprehend what I'm saying because you lack critical thinking. Go an enjoy Dusty's hollow Brownlow win before the Crows smash you on Saturday.
Yeah, no-one here is smart enough to understand your suggestion that the AFL is corrupt and has conspired to prevent Geelong from winning the flag. This no doubt explains Geelong's enduring lack of success. When was your last flag? 1922?

Rubbish. You just can't comprehend what I'm saying because you lack critical thinking. Go an enjoy Dusty's hollow Brownlow win before the Crows smash you on Saturday.

I suppose its not that surprising how sooky cats supporters can be given how much your coach sooks, and how much your captain sooks, and how much your best player sooks, and how much your last best player, Ablett, sooks.

Is it a genetic thing down Geelong way? Reckon that might be why everyone calls you the handbaggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back