Player Watch Trent Cotchin - Elite

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Then explain why opposition supporters freely admit Martin and Rance are elite? If us saying Cotchin is not elite was down to us not liking Richmond then surely that would mean we could not say Martin and Rance are elite as well?

Martin is the best so even the most salty find it hard to formulate anti dusty arguments

Rance cops heaps by the nuffties

Grimes elite as is Jack..three Coleman medals not bad

that Lynch bloke is pretty handy too

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
To me I think Richmond fans have massive blinkers on with Cotchin. It is really only Richmond fans who are saying Cotchin is elite, everyone else is saying he is a very good player but nothing more than that. Richmond have 2 elite players, and Cotchin is not one of them.

So it all really depends on what you call elite

Dylan Grimes 2019 - Elite
Bachar Houli 2019 - Elite
Shane Edwards - 2019 Elite

Jack Riewoldt
ELITE

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
All Australian
Brownlow Medalist
200 games
2 time Premiership Captain
3 time B+F

Ill suck sooz's dick if anyone bagging him can accomplish more then Cotchin on a footy field. And he's got about 3-4 years to continue. Im not going to argue greatest captains ect. but thats a pretty ******* good resume.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
both Cotchin and Hodge could dig real deep to make a contest they shouldn't or stick a tackle that many would have broke

both would often put their body on the line and go in hard to half a contest when their side needed it

both have lifted the spirits of their teams with that stuff on many occasions

in that aspect they are and should always been considered elite

DEECEE

Premium Platinum
Aug 27, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cotchin in the same conversation as Hodge....
69bd312e38fe49f9130733a5389492c0.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well you could, look at Woewodin (although I've always thought he deserved his Brownlow, he had an amazing year).

As a player I'd say Cotchin was elite (he's still very good), but now he's elite as a leader. Which has become almost more important.

Nailed it. He is currently the best captain/leader in the game. He speaks through actions not super coach stats.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
In the 2017 GF, there were 28 centre clearances. Cotchin took part in at least 20 of them and was significantly involved in the play of all but 2 or 3. Just because he lets Dusty do the flashy stuff does not mean he is not an ELITE BEAST. Looking over the 2017 GF centre clearances, we struggled when Trent wasn’t in there. We were much cleaner when he was.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
chimp does it from the guts

how long has hodgey been hiding in a back pocket? decade now?
Yeah but i have been told by many Richmond fans that Dusty is currently the best in the AFL because of his Norm Smiths and how important they are... Going by that logic i would assume Hodge is in a different class to Cotchin.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but i have been told by many Richmond fans that Dusty is currently the best in the AFL because of his Norm Smiths and how important they are... Going by that logic i would assume Hodge is in a different class to Cotchin.
Come on. Hodge has always been considered as one of the greatest leaders to ever play the game. But he has never been considered as the greatest, most skilful footballer. An elite leader, but not an elite footballer.

And Cotchin? For years was laughed at as a leader, but his football skills were never in doubt.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Come on. Hodge has always been considered as one of the greatest leaders to ever play the game. But he has never been considered as the greatest, most skilful footballer. An elite leader, but not an elite footballer.

And Cotchin? For years was laughed at as a leader, but his football skills were never in doubt.
I mean it depends on what you are judging i spose? Hodge was a really nice, beautiful, reliable kick. Strong and long handball, good in the air, reads the game better than just about anyone i have seen. I feel how highly his leadership was rated actually took away from how talented he was seen to be.

Also not really my point. All i have heard for the past couple months is players like Dusty and Cotchin are elite because of what they do in the 'big games'. I have heard time and time again that the 2 norm smith medals for Dusty has him rated higher than just about any current player. Using that same logic Hodge has to be well ahead of Cotchin.

Back