Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Who do you think is currently the better player?

Cotchin has the accolades, but I love sidey. Just a natural footballer. Would love him at the cats.

Cotchin is an ineffective crab.

LqqFmDi.gif

yeh.. nah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like that one bad game whilst being tagged by one of the most in form taggers in the comp settled it the other way.

Or how about the one standout season surrounded by years of being an accumulator without the true hurt factor of real superstars?

Cotchin is at the moment a bit like Matthew Boyd in his prime.

LqqFmDi.gif

yeh.. nah

Looks good.

But the first guy that tackled him was lying on the ground injured after being kneed by his teammate, and the other tackler laid one of the worst tackle efforts I have seen.

Or how about the one standout season surrounded by years of being an accumulator without the true hurt factor of real superstars?

Cotchin is at the moment a bit like Matthew Boyd in his prime.

One of the worst comparisons you could make.

A guy that's always played in and under getting his own ball vs a true accumulator. Cotchin hardly gets any easy ball, far from an accumulator.

One of the worst comparisons you could make.

A guy that's always played in and under getting his own ball vs a true accumulator. Cotchin hardly gets any easy ball, far from an accumulator.

It's really not one of the worst comparisons. You're either very young or just ignorant.

Boyd is a three time best and fairest, one of those won in a team comfortably superior than Cotchin-era Richmond. He is also a dual AA.

Looking at Boyd's second AA year, 2011, against Cotchin's 2012 (unfortunately the extended stats are not available for Boyd's 2009 when he won a best and fairest in a team that narrowly missed the grand final) and Boyd won more of the ball, won more contested possessions and won more clearances. Comfortably too. So much for Boyd not getting his own ball.

The Cotchin v Boyd comparison is apt. Cotchin is overhyped, especially by Richmond supporters.

It's really not one of the worst comparisons. You're either very young or just ignorant.

Boyd is a three time best and fairest, one of those won in a team comfortably superior than Cotchin-era Richmond. He is also a dual AA.

Looking at Boyd's second AA year, 2011, against Cotchin's 2012 (unfortunately the extended stats are not available for Boyd's 2009 when he won a best and fairest in a team that narrowly missed the grand final) and Boyd won more of the ball, won more contested possessions and won more clearances. Comfortably too. So much for Boyd not getting his own ball.

The Cotchin v Boyd comparison is apt. Cotchin is overhyped, especially by Richmond supporters.

Oh dear god when teams start sitting a tagger on Boyd let us know.

People that disagree with you are "either young or ignorant". I'm sure everyone will take that as a strong argument.

This post just completely contradicted yourself as you said Boyd in his prime was an accumulator. Now you're trying to make the case he was a was a contested ball gun.

It seems you don't even know what point you're trying to make.

People that disagree with you are "either young or ignorant". I'm sure everyone will take that as a strong argument.

This post just completely contradicted yourself as you said Boyd in his prime was an accumulator. Now you're trying to make the case that he was a was a contested ball gun.

It seems you don't even know what point you're trying to make.

He was an accumulator. As Cotchin is. How they gets the ball is irrelevant. Boyd never had the hurt factor of players like Pendlebury in his day, just like Cotchin doesn't have the hurt factor now. At least Boyd had players like griffen and Cooney to distribute to.

If anything those stats show Cotchin is just a Boyd-lite.

I guess the point I was really trying to make is even in his best year Cotchin wasn't really that much of a "tough inside ball winner" compared to other similar types.

Hell, liberatore's 2014 is more of an example of that kind of player. Less overall disposals but more CP and clearances.

Of course, that's just using bulldog player examples because shock horror that's the team I see the most of

He was an accumulator. As Cotchin is. How they gets the ball is irrelevant. Boyd never had the hurt factor of players like Pendlebury in his day, just like Cotchin doesn't have the hurt factor now. At least Boyd had players like griffen and Cooney to distribute to.

If anything those stats show Cotchin is just a Boyd-lite.

Teams relentlessly tag Cotchin. Boyd never gets a hard tag. I wonder why that is?

Surely they tag the hell out of Cotchin because he's just an accumulator without the capabilities to hurt them.

This simple fact pretty much obliterates your Cotchin vs Boyd comparison.

Back