Trent Cotchin vs Steele Sidebottom

Who is currently the better player?

• Trent Cotchin

• Steele Sidebottom

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You couldn't possibly mount much of a case for Sidebottom being a better footballer than Cotchin.

Having said that, one is a proven finals performer and the other turns to water when the pressure's on. I sure as hell wouldn't want to trade, lets put it that way.

Can't believe anyone would have Steele ahead of Cotchin. Not very similar and to my mind a pretty poor comparison. I love Steele and his finals efforts are his shining light but he is a long way behind Cotchin as a player. Would swap Sidey for Cotchin in a heartbeat if being only objective about it.

:rolleyes: ^^^ Will be their claim to fame for the next century. "We beat a perennial choker in a elim back in 15 son. Best day of my life."

Get over it. The where's Trent crap has run it's course and is only repeated by the insecure and simple. eg you

:rolleyes: ^^^ Will be their claim to fame for the next century. "We beat a perennial choker in a elim back in 15 son. Best day of my life."

Get over it. The where's Trent crap has run it's course and is only repeated by the insecure and simple. eg you
This stigma won't go away until he plays well in another final. Players have played better finals and copped it for years, let alone captains.

Lol, it really hasn't. Its actually more relevant than ever considering the Elimination Final that Trent decided to go missing in was the last game he played. As stated in the post above mine that stereotype won't cease until he decides to actually give a yelp when there's something to play for.

Lol, it really hasn't. Its actually more relevant than ever considering the Elimination Final that Trent decided to go missing in was the last game he played. As stated in the post above mine that stereotype won't cease until he decides to actually give a yelp when there's something to play for.

*Most Richmond fans know exactly where we are and don't pretend we are something that we're not. Very resilient due to "years of mediocrity" and constant slander on bigfooty.

1) decades of mediocrity
2) 9thmond,
3) chicken s**t,
4) microwaves,
5) and the current beauty "Where's Trent". What north/f genius come up with that. (report post precious ones)

I take no offence from it and most Richmond fans possibly feel the same. Take it with a grain of salt. The problem is that it comes up in every thread about Richmond and sometimes not even. It's very fashionable to bag all things Richmond. Why is this? Because of envy. Biggest club in the land puts all the other teams making up the numbers offside. Collingwood especially being relegated to 2nd now. Being not privy to Mod business, I reckon we would be the team who least reports all those devastating insults we get on the main board unlike a certain team who can not even handle having their name spelt slightly different.

The labels are tiresome, old, boring and immature.

*Most Richmond fans know exactly where we are and don't pretend we are something that we're not. Very resilient due to "years of mediocrity" and constant slander on bigfooty.

1) decades of mediocrity
2) 9thmond,
3) chicken s**t,
4) microwaves,
5) and the current beauty "Where's Trent". What north/f genius come up with that. (report post precious ones)

I take no offence from it and most Richmond fans possibly feel the same. Take it with a grain of salt. The problem is that it comes up in every thread about Richmond and sometimes not even. It's very fashionable to bag all things Richmond. Why is this? Because of envy. Biggest club in the land puts all the other teams making up the numbers offside. Collingwood especially being relegated to 2nd now. Being not privy to Mod business, I reckon we would be the team who least reports all those devastating insults we get on the main board unlike a certain team who can not even handle having their name spelt slightly different.

Wow that's a long post specifically addressing something you take no offence to.

Wow that's a long post specifically addressing something you take no offence to.

Ummm you forgot the melt comments licker. Implying I'm really upset and melting is the usual reply from the criminally stupid. If you think that is a long reply, I really pity you. Paragraphs are often used by the literate to keep particular ideas or information together. I understand it has scared you and makes the post look bigger than it actually is and for that I'm extremely sorry. I'm just trying to explain the situation really and sometimes you need more than pictures and diagrams as most people can read and understand logic.....Most being used a bit loosely on the main board.

Ummm you forgot the melt comments licker. Implying I'm really upset and melting is the usual reply from the criminally stupid. If you think that is a long reply, I really pity you. Paragraphs are often used by the literate to keep particular ideas or information together. I understand it has scared you and makes the post look bigger than it actually is and for that I'm extremely sorry. I'm just trying to explain the situation really and sometimes you need more than pictures and diagrams as most people can read and understand logic.....Most being used a bit loosely on the main board.
:rainbow: melt

Sidebottom

1) decades of mediocrity
2) 9thmond,
3) chicken s**t,
4) microwaves,

Lotta truth in this post. I think this poll illustrates the problem well. Love Sidey as a player but even do all the jibes like missing in finals etc and it is a no contest. Cotchin is clearly the better player. If you don't see that then you probably don't understand footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another "everyone is jealous because Richmond is big" rant.

Richmond supporters seem to be the only ones who care about that
Knew I'd hear from you little minnow. I'm the pied piper.:cool: troll fishing, You seem to care. I bet you picked Sidey such is your hate and jealousy.

Just checked, Yep. Any credibility you may think you had is gone now. Pathetic. You Dog supporters are up there with the worst regarding this whole envy complex that is rife on bigfooty.

I'm certainly envious at your three elim final loss in a row. We have the same issue, but with prelims.

It's ok, you're a big club though.

I went Sidebottom because real players stand up in finals. Opinion will change if Cotchin plays an average or better final as he would have proven himself

Just checked, Yep. Any credibility you may think you had is gone now. Pathetic. You Dog supporters are up there with the worst regarding this whole envy complex that is rife on bigfooty.

Why would we envy having Trent Cotchin? Our midfield is just fine.

Why would we envy having Trent Cotchin? Our midfield is just fine.
Envy may be the wrong word but the Doggoes would love to have Cotchin because he would make their midfield a lot better.

1) decades of mediocrity
2) 9thmond,
3) chicken s**t,
4) microwaves,

You forgot "Treloar chose Collingwood because it's a destination club". That's my favorite anyway

Cotchin is better by a considerable margin. Sidebottom is a very good player, but isn't quite at the level of the top mids. Big game performances are the only argument for Steele being better.

Think this is pretty accurate

Cotch did step up in a couple of big games in 2015, but does need to prove himself more on the big stage (finals mainly). Steele has had massive performances in big games. I think some of this can be attributed to the fact that Steele gets less attention from the opposition considering Pendles and Swan cop a lot of the pressure. Cotch is our number 1 mid so gets the tag more often than not, needs to learn to play through it though.

Think this is pretty accurate

Cotch did step up in a couple of big games in 2015, but does need to prove himself more on the big stage (finals mainly). Steele has had massive performances in big games. I think some of this can be attributed to the fact that Steele gets less attention from the opposition considering Pendles and Swan cop a lot of the pressure. Cotch is our number 1 mid so gets the tag more often than not, needs to learn to play through it though.
I agree with the sentiment that Cotchin is clearly the better player. I would be surprised if he doesnt come up with some big final performances in the future.

Cant agree though part of the reason Steele steps up in big matches is because of less attention. I think each player would receive similar attention for what they normally receive whether a big or small game. Cotchin is clearly more heavily tagged overall that Steele but I dont believe this attention becomes even greater in big matches.

Its just part of Steeles make up to perform in finals , some players do that. He did it as a junior, did it in his 1st year at the Pies and ever since. Just part of his footy DNA.

I agree with the sentiment that Cotchin is clearly the better player. I would be surprised if he doesnt come up with some big final performances in the future.

Cant agree though part of the reason Steele steps up in big matches is because of less attention. I think each player would receive similar attention for what they normally receive whether a big or small game. Cotchin is clearly more heavily tagged overall that Steele but I dont believe this attention becomes even greater in big matches.

Its just part of Steeles make up to perform in finals , some players do that. He did it as a junior, did it in his 1st year at the Pies and ever since. Just part of his footy DNA.

I didnt say its the only reason, i said it could be SOME of the reason. Theres little to no doubt that Cotch receives a lot more attention than Steele from opposition. Im almost certain that if Steele had Jacobs hanging off him for a whole game in a final he wouldnt have his usual big game performance. Who would tag Steele over Pendles? Youd have to have rocks in your head.

Yes he is a big game performer, but there is more to it than just the "DNA" of a player

I didnt say its the only reason, i said it could be SOME of the reason. Theres little to no doubt that Cotch receives a lot more attention than Steele from opposition. Im almost certain that if Steele had Jacobs hanging off him for a whole game in a final he wouldnt have his usual big game performance. Who would tag Steele over Pendles? Youd have to have rocks in your head.

Yes he is a big game performer, but there is more to it than just the "DNA" of a player
Unless you are saying in big games Steele get less attention from the opposition than in less important games or that Cotchin get more attention I dont see why it makes a difference.

I am assuming Steele gets about the same amount of attention from the opposition each week whether a final or not. That he seems to step up and play better in finals that he does in the regular season is a measure of how he rises to the occasion. If anything because he is known for finals performance teams would watch him more carefully. He doesnt get tagged like Cotchin does whether finals or home and away so I dont see how that explains his better performance in finals compared to H&A

Back