cosby

All Australian
Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
yes yes, another stupid 'versus' poll, but i'd like to see just who rates croad or brown. who would you rather have in your team?
croad had a fairly good year and got AA selection - and i realise that theirs not alot of respect for the bloke from other club's supporters - but Brown came over to the Roo's with some big expectations and has also done much the same sort of role for the roo's as croad has for the hawks.

as a fan that liked both players when they played for my team, i can easily say that croad was much better than browny. browny tried to be physical, but when he was matched up onto anyone other than a monolith, they were able 2 outrun him something cruel. Croady never matched up to the expectations we had of him, but he did show flashes of brilliance. Croady could have been, still could be a star - browny will only ever be a role player.

that is all

Both arent very good. Overrated.

i remember watching brown when he was at freo and thinking he was gonna be a dominant player in the future but he just hasn't gone down that path.

matthedocker said:
as a fan that liked both players when they played for my team, i can easily say that croad was much better than browny. browny tried to be physical, but when he was matched up onto anyone other than a monolith, they were able 2 outrun him something cruel. Croady never matched up to the expectations we had of him, but he did show flashes of brilliance. Croady could have been, still could be a star - browny will only ever be a role player.

that is all
Yup, you've pretty much nailed it.

Other than the other posters on this board who said Croad because they probably don't know much about Brown,as a Kangaroos fan I would also say Croad,but in all honesty don't really rate either one.
To me Brown just isn't quite up to it at AFL level.He gets found out a lot on quality players and his entire career has been based on a good game here and a good game there which has to this point kept his head above water.
Looks ok against the Carltons and the Hawthorns but was to me part of the reason North lost games this year.
Croad is basically an athlete not a footballer,enough said.But he tries his guts out and at least provides a target on the forward line and does his best on the back line.I think if the Roos had their time over again they would probably have thought twice about Brown,but unfortunately hindsight doesn't really mean anything.

sabre_ac said:
Croad has to be led to the ball, struggles to find it himself.

Brown has football smarts and will be of greater value longer.

He's averaged over 17 possies a game this year, yep your right he couldn't find the ball himself. :rolleyes:

Please dont be bitter about how Croad has turned into a great player once he left your club. He is just one of many that has done it.

dipper86 said:
Please dont be bitter about how Croad has turned into a great player once he left your club. He is just one of many that has done it.

Great player??
*sigh*
AA CHB by default more like it...And even then was lucky to get it.

Lets just see how Dunn goes before we talk about regrets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Croad will probably play back next year I think he could be a very good CHF if he was allowed to play there.
Never rated Brown a lot, agree with mark73 that he generally plays well against the lesser sides doesn't really have a fixed position.

At his best - Croad definitely
Would be further apart if not for the foot as well

Back