Retired Trent West (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the most upbeat person. Hopefully like me he suffers from bad hayfever and that's the reason he looks like he's been up all night crying.

Even the most upbeat person would be a bit daunted by it all under the circumstances....and as the geelong poster wrote, Trent is a shy young man as well....it will all be so strange for a while.

...and that really is a crap polo.

What he wanted to say;
I'm homesick already. I've f*****g made the wrong decision here, how long's my contract, I just don't want to be here. Where are the players, has this club even got them, or yeah half the list was traded for s**t picks maybe I can get my self delisted and enter the PSD and get back to Geelong where I realy wanna be. :eek:

What he wanted to say;
I'm homesick already. I've f*****g made the wrong decision here, how long's my contract, I just don't want to be here. Where are the players, has this club even got them, or yeah half the list was traded for s**t picks maybe I can get my self delisted and enter the PSD and get back to Geelong where I realy wanna be. :eek:

What he wanted to say was "I'll probably be taking Stef Martin's spot" but he couldn't really say that. Mike and Hammo didn't ask him anything that he could really talk freely about. Better to boring than say something stupid, so Westy did fine imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little surprised by that hit-out count. I thought he was getting slaughtered in the tap work but that's an OK output.

There's probably a fair margin between his taps and his taps to advantage last night, not necessarily through any fault of his own.

Inside Football Player Rating - BLvGCS - NAB Challenge 2.
2/10 – Former Cat thrown in during second half and didn't impact as he would have liked.

-- Ben Casanella, Inside Football Thursday, February 27, 2014, Match Review BLvGCS

The recruitment of Trent West could prove critical for the Brisbane Lions’ fortunes this season, with the former Geelong premiership ruckman displaying a level of versatility that would have pleased Justin Leppitsch and his coaching staff.

West was recruited first and foremost to support Matthew Leuenberger in the ruck, but also understood that he may be required to pinch-hit up forward on occasion - even though prior to joining the Lions, he had kicked just 23 goals from 54 games with the Cats (an average of 0.4 goals per game).

But against reigning premiers Hawthorn last Saturday, West produced a career-high hail of three goals – two of which came during a purple patch in the third term which narrowed the margin to just two points.

He also had five clearances – the most of any ruckman on the ground – collected 12 disposals, and effected 15 hitouts.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-03-24/wests-forward-thinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back