Toast Trevor Barker inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame!

Well done Barks.

You are a legend mate.

TB-inductee-940x599.jpg

One of St Kilda’s favourite sons has been elevated to the AFL Hall of Fame.

Trevor Barker, the high-flying, blond-haired No. 1 became the 16th St Kilda player inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight, rightly recognised in the pantheon of AFL greats.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-06-04/trevor-barker-inducted-into-hall-of-fame-

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Forgive the intrusion.

I'm not a St.Kilda supporter but I grew up in a Saints family. We lived in Dingley - not too far from Moorabbin. As a kid, in the late 70s I had to pick a team. I took one look at the ladder and North were on top and the Saints were on the bottom. So I chose North. I've never regretted it, but as a kid I saw more of the Saints at Moorabbin than the Roos. Largely, you were pretty bad, but one player stood out to me. Trevor Barker. Although I never swayed from the Roos, my childhood was all about Greg Burns, Joffa and Trevor Barker.

I can't believe he wasn't in the Hall of Fame until now. He could have played anywhere. But he stuck at your club. And aside from the loyalty, he was a majestic player. Brave but graceful. Showman but workhorse. I'll admit to tear in my eye when he got his due recognition tonight.

Congratulations Trevor Barker.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Just got home from golf, and watched the broadcast of the AFL awards ceremony. I will admit to a little blub when Trevor's Mum came out to accept his award. Couldn't help it. I am a week older than Trevor so it always strikes me hard when I realise he was only 39 when he died. Great player, person, and coach. Such a pity he never coached us at Senior level. We were lucky to have him.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Forgive the intrusion.

I'm not a St.Kilda supporter but I grew up in a Saints family. We lived in Dingley - not too far from Moorabbin. As a kid, in the late 70s I had to pick a team. I took one look at the ladder and North were on top and the Saints were on the bottom. So I chose North. I've never regretted it, but as a kid I saw more of the Saints at Moorabbin than the Roos. Largely, you were pretty bad, but one player stood out to me. Trevor Barker. Although I never swayed from the Roos, my childhood was all about Greg Burns, Joffa and Trevor Barker.

I can't believe he wasn't in the Hall of Fame until now. He could have played anywhere. But he stuck at your club. And aside from the loyalty, he was a majestic player. Brave but graceful. Showman but workhorse. I'll admit to tear in my eye when he got his due recognition tonight.

Congratulations Trevor Barker.

Love the trifecta you mentioned. My jumpers growing up were No.1 and No.11.

Didn't watch tonight as otherwise occupied, but when I realised it was on my immediate thought was that I hate how Barks has never been included, and surely it is too late now. Lo and behold, I have had my evening brightened. Oh to be a kid again, taking speccies in the backyard pretending to be Barks.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've only seen highlights of him playing but reading and hearing from other fans, players and administrators come to understand the sacrifices he made and what impact he had on our football club.
Yep. He could have gone anywhere and Carlton and Collingwood wrote him an open cheque.

But he stayed with us regardless of the crap the club through his way on and off the field.

If anyone embodied loyalty, it was Trevor.

Never flinched. Stood tough. Sacrificed personal gain for the club he loved.

This is what being part of the club is all about. This is why a few of us "oldies" get antsy about people threatening to withdraw memberships and stuff like that.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
An unforgettable blond beacon of hope during our darkest years for those of us lucky enough to witness his magic!

In the unforgiving and often harsh world of AFL footy he was unaminously loved by all! A lovely man and no one epitomised our famous crest
Fortius Quo Fidelius more than the great Trevor Barker! For as long as this club breathes life, he will never ever be forgotten!

Would have been a wonderful coach for the Saints too had fate not intervened tragically! :stkilda:

Back