Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to make a comment about trey. Generally i give young players time to develop before i come to a conclusion about them. I dont like them being wacked in the forums because they are doing their best. However, his move-star approach to his football encourages me to take the gloves off. Even worse, the "blame the rest of the world" attitude for lamentable efforts on the field, means that I'm feeling that I'm not going to support him if he isnt going to put in. I know that Collingwood is a big club and there are thousands of people around the club who love to pat the players on the back and make em feel like they're king s**t. We have a long history of that... but if a player cant show some determination, then why should i bother. I might be wrong. I want him to prove me wrong, but I just cant see it.

I want to make a comment about trey. Generally i give young players time to develop before i come to a conclusion about them. I dont like them being wacked in the forums because they are doing their best. However, his move-star approach to his football encourages me to take the gloves off. Even worse, the "blame the rest of the world" attitude for lamentable efforts on the field, means that I'm feeling that I'm not going to support him if he isnt going to put in. I know that Collingwood is a big club and there are thousands of people around the club who love to pat the players on the back and make em feel like they're king sh*t. We have a long history of that... but if a player cant show some determination, then why should i bother. I might be wrong. I want him to prove me wrong, but I just cant see it.

I agree.

The attitude is baffling, given he's played a handful of games, done nothing of note and hasn't looked like touching the Sherrin when he plays.

Where's the intent? The desire to chase and tackle?

My hope was we could have another Tyson Goldsack in this kid, but he's making Ben Crocker look like Paddy Dangerfield.

Get him back to VFL and don't look at him again until he is absolutely bashing the door down - he's not worthy as it stands.

I agree.

The attitude is baffling, given he's played a handful of games, done nothing of note and hasn't looked like touching the Sherrin when he plays.

Where's the intent? The desire to chase and tackle?

My hope was we could have another Tyson Goldsack in this kid, but he's making Ben Crocker look like Paddy Dangerfield.

Get him back to VFL and don't look at him again until he is absolutely bashing the door down - he's not worthy as it stands.

The difference between this kid and tyson is that this guy has a ticket on himself. Tyson lacked confidence. Trey might have intimidated the 17 year olds here in WA but it doesnt cut for much if you cant back it up in the AFL. The other thing is that the penny hasn't seemed to drop that he is a mid-size player. He seems to think he's still playing key position and can just go for his marks and leave the rest to the little kids.

But the faces that he pulls on the ground are just ....baffling as you said. It's like he's posing for his mates on the boundary line at perth oval... you see that stuff with 12 year olds.

Who knows... he might be a smart kid who knows that he's not going to make it and is going to have a 2 year holiday at the Pies expense.....come back to WA as a hero and slot into a WAFL side and be the centre of attention at the bar at Fremantle oval.

He is a young man who is plainly not ready for AFL. He missed a year of development last year, and to me needs a season in the VFL to learn to play a specific role.

I'd like to be patient with him to see if he can develop. Not sure why he is even getting a game currently.

I agree with the posters that have observed his need of further development and a more clearly defined role.

I don't think it's cool to lay the boots in when someone is down.

Trey needs to go back to the twos, work his ass off in the gym and aerobically, listen to his development coaches, commit 110%, do the work, show the endeavor and get it done -or move be moved on.

Doesn't look like a player that is going to make it from here and needs to turn it around.

Certainly unfair, no doubt. But calling as I see it... and what I see early I really don't like.
I'm not seeing much either, but who knows, he might and should improve a fair bit, last year was a write off for him so I just think as with most of our young guys that they need games into them. If we can give the likes of the Brown bros 4 and 5 years to develop, surely we can give this kid a couple of more years

I'm not seeing much either, but who knows, he might and should improve a fair bit, last year was a write off for him so I just think as with most of our young guys that they need games into them. If we can give the likes of the Brown bros 4 and 5 years to develop, surely we can give this kid a couple of more years
Spot on. He seems to be a serious whipping boy for some reason, maybe because he doesn’t have pedigree like the Brown bros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly unfair, no doubt. But calling as I see it... and what I see early I really don't like.

Fair enough, I am unimpressed by his current on-field contribution, apparent attitude, and not least of all his hairstyle.

All 3 can change for the better. He's young.

He’s like Fasolo without the X factor

It was about time they made this move and the signs were good straight away.

They need persistence with this kid, 19, 193 cm utility with above average speed and mobility. Good hands and good by foot.

Has all the credentials to be a good defender, I like he is a little crazy too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back