Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't watch game closely but from what I've seen and read I'll admit may of been wrong ...very surprising..

Hopefully onwards and upwards

Bizarre that he wasn't tried in defence until recently given the way he played for WA 18s in his draft year
That's what I was thinking but then we did the same with Mayne, who was playing in defense under Ross Lyon, but in attack under Nathan Buckley and before that Jeremy Howe, who was playing in defense under Paul Roos and in attack at Collingwood. It would be a novel experience recruiting natural forwards to play in the forward line and I think the message has finally hit home with the recruiting of Henry and McCreery, who are natural forwards. McMahon is another who is a natural forward.

Very happy to see him turn around his attack on the ball, willingness to tackle and display his excellent kicking skills. He is still an unusual young man. He runs around with both hands poised in mid air like he is trying to imitate a velociraptor. He looks like a non footballing person who has very good hand eye co-ordination who has just been introduced to our game, yet he has been excellent the past two weeks.
1626674176335.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and just like that he's transformed from whipping boy to great white hope.

No doubt his place at the stocks remains on reserve.... just in case... a weeks a long time in footy.

Murphy lacks the foot speed he needs to make it I reckon.

Murphy is unfortunately reminding me of Schaz post injuries a bit too much. Inbetween size, slow.

Murphy is unfortunately reminding me of Schaz post injuries a bit too much. Inbetween size, slow.

Yeah there are similarities there. I think Shaz was a much better mark and ball winner. Murphy is a psycho in a contest. I don't see a role for Murphy. Too slow for defence. Same for wing plus not a ball winner. Seems a poor mark for a forward and not dangerous enough as a medium sizer. Maybe a versatile depth player like Mayne.

Probably earned himself a new contract, playing with renewed hunger and confidence in defence.

If he can take Madgen’s role, then when Reef comes in he can rotate between Ruscoe’s current role and stints as a centre square mid. Because Sunday showed that we need to revamp our midfield quick smart, and Reef/Macrae/Nicky D are going to be it.

So is he a better choice than Richardi who unless injured can’t crack a game for GWS?

Yeah Riccardi is junk, so we should only need to nab him in the PSD. ;)

So is he a better choice than Richardi who unless injured can’t crack a game for GWS?

Riccardi has a number of fairly substantial road blocks in front of him at the KPF spots for GWS. Would probably be in our best 22 on the weekend right off the bat if he came over today.

Back on topic - Ruscoe certainly did look a lot more comfortable behind the ball than he does in front of it. Definitely something to build on from here young fella if you can keep channelling your mongrel in the right way.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back