Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice tackle Ruscoe…….

Looking at him it would be a surprise if he adds any height. Already a pretty mature looking 18 yo.

Combine that with boys on average reach their full height at about 16

It's weird because they say 16 is full grown (height) yet when they studied whole populations 90% of males grew between 5 and 11cm between 15 and 18.
So most males still growing up to 18 why is 16 held as the full grown age when majority dont stop there?

I’m actually hoping he doesn’t get too much taller and maintains his pace. Might be someone who could allow Crisp to push into the mids or run through there himself and give us even more flexibility.

What does his height have to do with pace?

The fastest man to ever live is 195cm. I believe his name is Usain Bolt.

Lance Franklin is 196cm (although imo he looks much closer to 198cm think his height is wrongly listed) and he's no slouch. Typically if you have good pace and have good power plus technique you won't lose it.

I think Langdon was OK,
Love Langdon as a player and a Pie but you're kind of proving my point, only reason he's played as a KPD was because of failures to recruit proper KPD's and only really bringing veterans in.

It's OK because we are owed one in Ruscoe.

Love Langdon as a player and a Pie but you're kind of proving my point, only reason he's played as a KPD was because of failures to recruit proper KPD's and only really bringing veterans in.

If you believe in the law of averages, we are owed. I think it will be this draft that throws a few good one's up from later picks. I have a feeling it could be Trey.

He would want to be able to play if he keeps that hair the way he does.

I'm not sure they haven't been trying. Lets not forget that when we recruited Langdon we still had Reid and Brown playing KPD. Since then we've added or also had (just off the top of my head) Frost, Marsh, Schade, Dunn, Roughy, Mihocek, Keeffe, Hartley, Kelly and Keane. You can throw Scharenberg and Madgen into that mix. Unless the club is prepared to spend high draft picks, there are no guarantees and there are only so many KPD's you can carry on a restricted list.

It's weird because they say 16 is full grown (height) yet when they studied whole populations 90% of males grew between 5 and 11cm between 15 and 18.
So most males still growing up to 18 why is 16 held as the full grown age when majority dont stop there?

I must admit to never having heard boys were supposed to be fully grown by 16. I’ve always heard 18-19 for boys and about 16 for girls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure they haven't been trying. Lets not forget that when we recruited Langdon we still had Reid and Brown playing KPD. Since then we've added or also had (just off the top of my head) Frost, Marsh, Schade, Dunn, Roughy, Mihocek, Keeffe, Hartley, Kelly and Keane. You can throw Scharenberg and Madgen into that mix. Unless the club is prepared to spend high draft picks, there are no guarantees and there are only so many KPD's you can carry on a restricted list.

Don't take my comment too seriously. But nothing you just said goes against my off the cuff comment that we are owed a late speculative kpp that's going to be good. You rolled out a list that minus roughy and dunn has a lot of failures.

I still think the recruiting at Collingwood and hine are good at what they do

Bruzzy would have absolutely loved that from the kid!!!
Bruzzy mite have, but imagine if got hurt, the fans would have gone to town

Don't kid Bruzzie would have respected that, probably take him out for a beer and explained to him how to make it hurt a little extra!

As long as he didn’t get hurt you mean. Anyway hope he learns to tackle

What does his height have to do with pace?

The fastest man to ever live is 195cm. I believe his name is Usain Bolt.

Lance Franklin is 196cm (although imo he looks much closer to 198cm think his height is wrongly listed) and he's no slouch. Typically if you have good pace and have good power plus technique you won't lose it.
Fair points loki04. Typically in our game you’re earmarked for KPP once you hit those heights and not many mids around 195-198.
I was thinking in terms of the Crisp type role and mid time where I’d be fine if he didn’t grow much taller. Oh, and I’m height deprived myself😊
Nature will take its course I guess.

Darcy Moore was listed at 199cm when drafted and is now up to 203cm I believe.

I must admit to never having heard boys were supposed to be fully grown by 16. I’ve always heard 18-19 for boys and about 16 for girls.

Neither had I until i read GCs post but when you google it medically they deem it 16.

But studies on whole populations show otherwise.
I like you always learnt at school women typically stopped by 16 and men by 18. It's interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back