MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Full MRP statement. The Tribunal roughed up Christian and he has gone careless not intentional for the bumps.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-08/match-review-officers-full-statement-round-three
Zak Butters, Port Adelaide, has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Hugh McCluggage, Brisbane Lions during the second quarter of the Round Three match between the Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide, played at The Gabba on Saturday April 6.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Scott Lycett, Port Adelaide has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Mitch Robinson, Brisbane Lions during the fourth quarter of the Round Three match between the Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide, played at The Gabba on Saturday April 6.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Incidents assessed:
...... Contact between Brisbane Lions’ Hugh McCluggage and Port Adelaide’s Tom Rockliff in the third quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Rockliff was tracking the ball on the half forward flank for Brisbane, before going to ground as he gathered the ball. McCluggage approached from the opposite direction to contest the ball. Rockliff was then pushed by Charlie Cameron into the path of McCluggage. It was the view of the MRO that McCluggage’s actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-08/match-review-officers-full-statement-round-three

Not sure where they got "spiteful" from. Did they just assume because it was Rockliff's first game back at the Gabba that it probably got ugly?
They employ cheap journo students at AFL Media. They are basically work experience kids.

McCluggage himself was let off without penalty after an unfortunate incident that left Port Adelaide midfielder Tom Rockliff with a concussion. ....
Is Christian suggesting there might have been high contact, even though accidental, between McCluggage and Rocky? :rolleyes:

Surely if that was so a free kick would have been awarded.

Is Christian suggesting there might have been high contact, even though accidental, between McCluggage and Rocky? :rolleyes:

Well obviously he ducked into it like Neale. Oh wait ...

Dropkickopolous on 7 - Lycett very lucky to get off. Tredders on 9 - he's fine, there no injury. Tredders did say that Butters was lucky because a fraction later he might have been looking at 4 or 5, but said the decision was fine, also mentioned no injury. I'm sure Boss351 will put up the news services tweet tonight and you can look at the difference in his thread.

Dropkickopolous on 7 - Lycett very lucky to get off. Tredders on 9 - he's fine, there no injury. Tredders did say that Butters was lucky because a fraction later he might have been looking at 4 or 5, but said the decision was fine, also mentioned no injury. I'm sure Boss351 will put up the news services tweet tonight and you can look at the difference in his thread.

Channel 7 are like sanfl umpires. They dont even pretend to hide their bias.

Dustin Martin downgraded to 1 match because of the level of impact. * me he knocked the bloke to the ground with a forearm five metres off the ball. Martin's victim was not even expecting that blow and had no chance to defend himself against what was an unprovoked attack. And some media air head has the temerity to say 'Lycett was lucky'. Not often I use profane language but as Graham Kennedy's famous seagull cried, f aaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

At least Martin will not front against us and he will not win the Brownlow. Almost makes you hope he polls more votes than the rest.

So much for protecting players heads :rolleyes: Unless you're L Neale or Cauliflower ears Robinson.

Dustin Martin downgraded to 1 match because of the level of impact. **** me he knocked the bloke to the ground with a forearm five metres off the ball. Martin's victim was not even expecting that blow and had no chance to defend himself against what was an unprovoked attack. And some media air head has the temerity to say 'Lycett was lucky'. Not often I use profane language but as Graham Kennedy's famous seagull cried, f aaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

At least Martin will not front against us and he will not win the Brownlow. Almost makes you hope he polls more votes than the rest.

Five!! Just saw the incident and it was more like 50 metres away from the play. I think the GWS player’s testimony helped. He said he was surprised by the hit but thought it was not a heavy hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Martin downgraded to 1 match because of the level of impact.
The following was from the 2017 AFL Tribunal guidelines:

Impact: Notwithstanding any other part of these guidelines, any Careless or Intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a
potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will usually not be classified as Low Impact even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low. Such strikes will usually be classified at a higher level commensurate with the nature and extent of the risk of serious injury involved.*

I've had a look around, but I can't find anywhere that has been changed. And I can't see how this doesn't apply to Martin's case. I mean it even specified raised elbow or forearm.

The following was from the 2017 AFL Tribunal guidelines:

Impact: Notwithstanding any other part of these guidelines, any Careless or Intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a
potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will usually not be classified as Low Impact even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low. Such strikes will usually be classified at a higher level commensurate with the nature and extent of the risk of serious injury involved.*

I've had a look around, but I can't find anywhere that has been changed. And I can't see how this doesn't apply to Martin's case. I mean it even specified raised elbow or forearm.

Yeah, the system is corrupt.

Rockliff case thrown out.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-18/match-review-statement-round-nine

The match day report laid against Port Adelaide’s Tom Rockliff for contact on Gold Coast SUNS’ Anthony Miles from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Miles takes possession of the football and looks to evade Rockliff. Rockliff moves his left foot to intercept the player. Miles is consequently tripped. It was the view of the MRO there was insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. No further was taken.

Amon and Howard get a week each according to the AFL app.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back