MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, i'll bite.

Given these charges and the offences involved, why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for ramming his elbow into Hamish Hartlett near the start of the third quarter after taking a mark? Was really no different to what Howard did.

Why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for cannoning into the back of Riley Bonner late near the south eastern boundary line after Bonner took and uncontested mark during the first quarter?

Why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for deliberately shoving Darcy Byrne Jones into a goal post during the dying minutes of the match?

How the hell does Cunnington get a fine for an off the ball punch when 1 week earlier Howard got a week for the same action?

And how the hell does Howard get a fine this week for contact during a marking contest?

WTF?

The AFL really don’t like us winning. Finding any reason they can to fine our players lmao.

The Hartlett one was there but that happens all the ******* time.

Fining Dougal is just insane. Absolutely ******* insane.

I read somewhere that a while back, incidents were only looked at if sent in by the broadcasters covering the game.

Feels like not much has changed on this; such a crapshoot and I'd be pretty shitty if I were a Port player knowing my annual salary is being bled down by such arbitrary rulings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so doug got fined for the one where he marked the ball and the player enters the protected area ???
Jesus. The whoLe system is corrupt. He didn’t do anything that warrants a fine. And Cunnington gets a fine for something which was far worse than what Doug’s did against Geelong. Ffs.

Think I have worked out what the difference is between a Striking - Fixed Financial Sanction, and a higher sanction and potential games suspension. Hamish got the fixed financial sanction, but Dougal got done under the higher Classifiable Offences grading.

Its basically the force involved and if MRO sees it on tape and doesn't like it. From the Reportable Offences section of the 2019 Tribunal Guidelines book 4.3 (A) section. A C

- Under the Classifiable Offences, a strike or kick requires more than negligible
impact. Where a strike, for example, does not have more than negligible impact,
it is still open to the MRO to charge a Player with Striking under the Fixed
Financial Offences table where it is satisfied that, notwithstanding the result,
the intention was to commit an act constituting
a Reportable Offence.

So its very open to Michael Christian's interpretation

These are the Fixed Financial Sanction

And then if MRO thinks its a bit harder strike he goes under these higher penalties with a Careless or Intentional conduct

So Dougal's hit on Kelly out on the wing was considered more force than whatever Hamish did to RAtkins. Stuffed if I know how that strike by Dougal had enough force to jump form a fixed financial sanction to a higher cash penalty.

MRO in Hamish's offence said - Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction).

MRO in Dougal's offence said - Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact

So Dougal's hit on Kelly out on the wing was considered more force than whatever Hamish did to RAtkins. Stuffed if I know how that strike by Dougal had enough force to jump form a fixed financial sanction to a higher cash penalty.
Hartlett didn't really hit him with the elbow. More just pushed it into him.

Its truly a dumb situation because it occurs just about everytime a player is on the ground. The guy on top makes him eat some grass.

so doug got fined for the one where he marked the ball and the player enters the protected area ???
Not only was Kelly in the protected area when Dougal made contact with him but he stayed in the protected area while Dougal took his kick and even made to smother.

Ok, i'll bite.

Given these charges and the offences involved, why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for ramming his elbow into Hamish Hartlett near the start of the third quarter after taking a mark? Was really no different to what Howard did.

Why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for cannoning into the back of Riley Bonner late near the south eastern boundary line after Bonner took and uncontested mark during the first quarter?

Why wasn't Taylor Walker charged for deliberately shoving Darcy Byrne Jones into a goal post during the dying minutes of the match?

Chuck him in the brig, I say !

Doogal keeps walking the line Johnny Cash style, Sutcliffe's patheticness was penalized with more cash and at least Walker got done for that elbow on Boak but should have been a game.

Cam Sutcliffe, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Striking Dayne Zorko, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round 17 match between Port Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions, played at Adelaide Oval on Sunday July 14.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Dougal Howard, Port Adelaide, has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Lachie Neale, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round 17 match between Port Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions, played at Adelaide Oval on Sunday July 14.

In summary he can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $5000 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

Josh Walker, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Travis Boak, Port Adelaide, during the third quarter of the Round 17 match between Port Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions, played at Adelaide Oval on Sunday July 14.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

As posted in other threads, Frampton 3 weeks down to 2 with an early plea for his bump on some crows player.
*en hell. When was that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back