LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Nothing for that prick Corr who shoved Marshall's head into the ground. Did that dill Christian even look at it??

Charges Laid:
Brad Ebert, Port Adelaide,
has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Harry Perryman, GWS GIANTS, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between Port Adelaide and the GWS GIANTS, played at Metricon Stadium on Sunday July 12.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction.

Harry Perryman, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Striking Ollie Wines, Port Adelaide, during the second quarter of the Round Six match between Fremantle and St Kilda, played at Metricon Stadium on Sunday July 12.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Or Mumford for belting Lycett in the head behind play!

time this club took a f****** stand for once

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A one match early plea is a fair result.

its effectively just a punishment for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. There’s zero ebert could have done. That ball got flicked over the top, perryman turns and dives head first into a path ebert is already running.

but that is what the mrp has come to

that ebert got 1 game for that but Shiel who ran past the ball and deliberately hit a stationary player gets 2 is ******* moronic.

eberts should have been incidental contact and low impact

A one match early plea is a fair result.

Charges Laid: Brad Ebert, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Harry Perryman, GWS GIANTS, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between Port Adelaide and the GWS GIANTS, played at Metricon Stadium on Sunday July 12.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction.
[/QUOTE]
From my OP

The AFL has also scrapped the one-match discount previously offered for early pleas, with clubs that elect to challenge MRP decisions now risking a $10,000 cost that will be included in their soft football department cap.

So the wording by AFL makes it sound like he is getting a discount by accepting Christian's ruling. No such thing. Its whether he is prepared to risk $10,000.

I'd say the Impact is Low rather than Medium if he played out the rest of the game. His Time on Ground is reported at 86% and this happened in the 2nd quarter.

Appeal the BS decision.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd say the Impact is Low rather than Medium if he played out the rest of the game. His Time on Ground is reported at 86% and this happened in the 2nd quarter.
Thought Ebert's bump was in the first.

Yeah just checked the highlights Q1 13.56 on the countdown clock. Scores still locked at 0-0. So its lets than 5 minutes into the game.

Ebert getting clocked by de Boer was at the end of the second.

Last edited:
Thought Ebert's bump was in the first.
I just remember Ebert was running from the left of screen and Perryman moving from the right so I assumed it was the 2nd. If it is the first then they were both moving away from their goal.

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
Nothing for that prick Corr who shoved Marshall's head into the ground. Did that dill Christian even look at it??

Lol...nothing to see...Surprised Marshall didn't get a week for pulling Corr's arm downwards.:drunk:

Incidents assessed:
Contact between GWS GIANTS Aidan Corr and Port Adelaide’s Todd Marshall from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Marshall pulls Corr’s left arm downwards and simultaneously Corr pushes Marshall’s head into the ground. It was the view of the Match Review Officer that Corr’s actions did not constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shouldn't have been suspended, but now he has been I want the club to come out and say given he was hit himself by a GWS player high, they were planning to rest him this week anyway, given his concussion history. Club needs to give a double * you message to the AFL for the penalty and missed hit on Ebo showing their 'protect the head' is selective bullshit.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Shouldn't have been suspended, but now he has been I want the club to come out and say given he was hit himself by a GWS player high, they were planning to rest him this week anyway, given his concussion history. Club needs to give a double fu** you message to the AFL for the penalty and missed hit on Ebo showing their 'protect the head' is selective bullshit.
If we had $10k to spare, we should do this and challenge the decision.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Ebert is unlucky. That should’ve been graded as low impact.

Is it worth appealing? Brad got a hit to the head himself later on and with his concussion history, maybe he should have a rest anyway.

it should've, but we're not a big VFL club.

#VICBIAS at it's finest once again.

Pickett does the same - fine
Rohan thursday goes in with an elbow to the head - fine
and nothing too see with his other 2 incidents as well.

common theme. the competition absolutely stinks.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
it should've, but we're not a big VFL club.

#VICBIAS at it's finest once again.

Pickett does the same - fine
Rohan thursday goes in with an elbow to the head - fine
and nothing too see with his other 2 incidents as well.

common theme. the competition absolutely stinks.
Agree Rohan's was worse joke really but unfortunately you come to expect such things

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
It was worth a week I don't know what you guys are smoking.

I agree totally, but they've graded it medium impact because of the vibe despite it not fitting the usual criteria.

If they're going to use this stupid grading system then we need to challenge things where they apply it wrong.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Just a question... didn’t Ebert actually get the ball in this collision?

I would argue that his sole intention was to get the ball and that he contact was in fact incidental - out of all the offences Brads was the only contest where the player didn’t run past the ball.

This is not to even mention that it should be graded low impact at best... if sheil appeals and has his contact downgrade to the same classification as Eberts, yet we just accept the ruling - then what’s the bloody point?

Back