Media Tribute to Yakker: Why is he the Best EKA Winner of All Time?

Not long ago me and my brother Saltbae here,
We was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome forum.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny Demon.
In the middle of the thread.

yakker_demon.jpg

And he said:
"Write the best tribute in the world, or I'll eat your soul."

Well me and Saltbae, we looked at each other,
And we each said. "Okay."
And we wrote the first thing that came to our heads,
Just so happened to be,
The Best Tribute in the World, it was The Best Tribute in the World.

Look into my eyes and it’s easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make-

egtonwithit.gif

Sorry, God…

So, who the devil is Yakker?

For those not in the know, he’s a well-seasoned (#saltbae likes this) player for the Mount Buller Demons. A fearless and aspiring leader. Connoisseur of all things tackle. His pastry of choice is a sausageroll. His favourite colours are irrelevant (but if anyone asks, they’re green and gold ;))

But one question still remains:

Why is he the best EKA winner of all time?

I mean, which previous winner could we really compare him to? Elton Johns Wig has gone perpetually grey. pantskyle is still living in his mother's basement. Wooshette was sorted into Slytherin. Enough said.

But we must be fair and just, as that is the #lolHufflepuff way. So:

We analyse the statistics:
  • Was it his 161 kicks?
  • Was it his 145 handballs?
  • Was it his mind-blowingly accurate 5 goals?
  • Was it his 24 impressive tackles? (hehehehh)
  • Was it the superior quality of his posts in every match thread?
  • Was it because all the better EKA winners burnt out and left the game?
  • Was it because 2nd place getter xenxen was, and I quote Sir Nakia: “The worst rookie I've seen in 10 seasons”?
But hark! What’s this? What is he holding in his avatar?

It’s long, dark, salty, and moist! No, it’s not your tackle, get your mind out of the gutter.
It’s a FLATHEAD.

Yakker is the best EKA winner of all time because he faithfully fed the famished judges fresh flaccid flathead every flipping week. He fished fervently every freaky Friday, and flatheads flung out flailing and floundering. Focussed, he fried them to f***ing flawlessness, and they feasted fanatically from five until five-fifteen.

Holy flying mackerels, how friendly they are, even in death! I’m floored, folks.
flatheads.png

They do look a bit flat, though. Hopefully not a reflection on Yakker’s future career...

So there you have it. Just feed everyone floppy flavoursome fish and the frothing followers will come. Isn’t that what Jesus did??! :think:

This is not the greatest post in the world, no. This is just a Tribute!

Signing out, this is PPY & Saltbae.
saltbaefish.PNG

This post was sponsored and endorsed by Hard Yakka. If pain or General Soreness persists, see your healthcare professional.

This is the best thread in the world, the best thread in the woooorld.

por_please_ya you are now my nominee for Rookie of the season

A couple more of these threads about me and you are a shoe in

Not long ago me and my brother Saltbae here,
We was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome forum.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny Demon.
In the middle of the thread.

View attachment 474165
And he said:
"Write the best tribute in the world, or I'll eat your soul."

Well me and Saltbae, we looked at each other,
And we each said. "Okay."
And we wrote the first thing that came to our heads,
Just so happened to be,
The Best Tribute in the World, it was The Best Tribute in the World.

Look into my eyes and it’s easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make-

View attachment 474164

Sorry, God…

So, who the devil is Yakker?

For those not in the know, he’s a well-seasoned (#saltbae likes this) player for the Mount Buller Demons. A fearless and aspiring leader. Connoisseur of all things tackle. His pastry of choice is a sausageroll. His favourite colours are irrelevant (but if anyone asks, they’re green and gold ;))

But one question still remains:

Why is he the best EKA winner of all time?

I mean, which previous winner could we really compare him to? Elton Johns Wig has gone perpetually grey. pantskyle is still living in his mother's basement. Wooshette was sorted into Slytherin. Enough said.

But we must be fair and just, as that is the #lolHufflepuff way. So:

We analyse the statistics:
  • Was it his 161 kicks?
  • Was it his 145 handballs?
  • Was it his mind-blowingly accurate 5 goals?
  • Was it his 24 impressive tackles? (hehehehh)
  • Was it the superior quality of his posts in every match thread?
  • Was it because all the better EKA winners burnt out and left the game?
  • Was it because 2nd place getter xenxen was, and I quote Sir Nakia: “The worst rookie I've seen in 10 seasons”?
But hark! What’s this? What is he holding in his avatar?

It’s long, dark, salty, and moist! No, it’s not your tackle, get your mind out of the gutter.
It’s a FLATHEAD.

Yakker is the best EKA winner of all time because he faithfully fed the famished judges fresh flaccid flathead every flipping week. He fished fervently every freaky Friday, and flatheads flung out flailing and floundering. Focussed, he fried them to f***ing flawlessness, and they feasted fanatically from five until five-fifteen.

Holy flying mackerels, how friendly they are, even in death! I’m floored, folks.
View attachment 474161

They do look a bit flat, though. Hopefully not a reflection on Yakker’s future career...

So there you have it. Just feed everyone floppy flavoursome fish and the frothing followers will come. Isn’t that what Jesus did??! :think:

This is not the greatest post in the world, no. This is just a Tribute!

Signing out, this is PPY & Saltbae.
View attachment 474170

This post was sponsored and endorsed by Hard Yakka. If pain or General Soreness persists, see your healthcare professional.

This is one of my 14 year old daughters and my favourite songs. Thank you so much :thumbsu:

This is the best thread in the world, the best thread in the woooorld.

por_please_ya you are now my nominee for Rookie of the season

A couple more of these threads about me and you are a shoe in
*bows*
Not sure I can deliver on that last part though.... :p

This is one of my 14 year old daughters and my favourite songs. Thank you so much :thumbsu:
It was destiny!

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. Nobody treats them with respect. Their real name is Platycephalus fuscus and look what us campaigners call them!

Love it, and do love a great taxonomical chat.

And speaking of flatties, One of my favourite catches out of the yak was a tassl snout flathead, ive only ever seen two in 30+years on the water, Thysanophrys cirronasa

And speaking of flatties, One of my favourite catches out of the yak was a tassl snout flathead, ive only ever seen two in 30+years on the water, Thysanophrys cirronasa
Wow, she's gorgeous. Looks like a cross between a lionfish and a wobbegong!

They are an awesome looking fish. If you are ever up on the Sunshine Coast and want to Cath up for a fish sing out. I’ll show you around my local :thumbsu:

Yakker is indeed the Best EKA winner of all time.

I did all I could to be the worst rookie of all time so that he could win it. You're welcome Yakman.

You da best Xenny <3

Back