News Trigg is Back

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure. You have his number.

But the way you said it suggested it was in the public forum. My mistake you thinking everyone can hear the voices in your head
it is the public forum smart ass. in fact you will find it on another thread on rhe afc forum. try opening your eyes and reading posts other than your own.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
it is the public forum smart ass. in fact you will find it on another thread on rhe afc forum. try opening your eyes and reading posts other than your own.
Lol. So somebody posting something on another thread is your source? I thought you had something

You know nothing mike smyth

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
If Trigg was involved with Creeks injunction that would just be.....unreal.

Whoever was involved should hang their heads. Bloke gave us 8 years and they pull that s%&@.

36ers reputation has taken a big hit

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Massive hit. Player agents now actively telling players don’t come to Adelaide.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...e/news-story/2713ac3264745e2ba41981406fc252ed

ABA have also had a crack.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/aba-broadside-at-36ers-over-creek/

I’m beginning to question what long term future the 36ers have if they have to resort to money grabs when one of their most loyal players achieves his dream of playing NBA.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Massive hit. Player agents now actively telling players don’t come to Adelaide.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...e/news-story/2713ac3264745e2ba41981406fc252ed

ABA have also had a crack.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/aba-broadside-at-36ers-over-creek/

I’m beginning to question what long term future the 36ers have if they have to resort to money grabs when one of their most loyal players achieves his dream of playing NBA.

Especially when they had already released him to play in Germany and were not going to seek any compensation.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Especially when they had already released him to play in Germany and were not going to seek any compensation.
They just have a greedy owner who saw the potential for a quick 6 figure payday and he's now probably cost himself more money in the long run with fans, members and players being completely disgusted with their behaviour.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
The compensation they were demanding was significantly higher than the reported $100,000, and they went all the way to the Supreme Court of South Australia in an attempt to block their own long-time hero from potentially signing an NBA contract. What’s worse: they didn’t even tell him before filing the injunction.

——-//

Muppets.

Could’ve been the best PR victory you could imagine, they turn it into a disaster.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Could’ve been the best PR victory you could imagine, they turn it into a disaster.
Especially having Terrence Ferguson getting drafted in the first round of the NBA draft the other year too. Having another player go from the 36ers to the NBA is something to brag about and probably appealing to players. Now we've just guaranteed they'll never come here.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently the AFL were only going to fine us the 2012 draft picks provided the board sacked Trigg. However, Trigg told Chapman and the board that if they sacked him he would also implicate them in the mess. So they relented, didn't sack him, and we were fined the extra years draft picks.

So did we ever actually get a source on this? Particularly since you said it was revealed "yesterday" back when you posted it?

I've heard this theory bandied around since 2012 but I've never seen any actual proof, or really any evidence even kinda hinting at it.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So did we ever actually get a source on this? Particularly since you said it was revealed "yesterday" back when you posted it?

I've heard this theory bandied around since 2012 but I've never seen any actual proof, or really any evidence even kinda hinting at it.
As anti trigg i am now, that story does seem very convenient.

I don't buy it.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I buy it, our penalty was massively over the top, and there were clear lies told by the AFC management at the time.

That said, while I believe it, without proof, it’s irrelevant.

The only proof you'll ever get would come from AFL minutes or correspondence. But a demand and subsequent deal like that wouldn't be a good look for them either. It wouldn't appear in our board minutes, unless they were as dumb as Trigg. All you'll ever get is a leak from within the board passed on.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
downloadfile.gif

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently the AFL were only going to fine us the 2012 draft picks provided the board sacked Trigg. However, Trigg told Chapman and the board that if they sacked him he would also implicate them in the mess. So they relented, didn't sack him, and we were fined the extra years draft picks.

Nope

Afl has always picked on us. Singles us out. We had a really strong list and football department. They targeted Rendell and Bailey as well

They want our money but winning s**t costs them means Victorians get pushed down.

Then there's the Essendon situation.

Back