triple j’s Hottest 100 - Like a Versions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's cool that the limited field is giving us some H100 entrants like Stella Donnelly & Gretta Ray who usually miss out.

The recency bias on this countdown has been insane. It’s been a bit of a bummer for an old bastard like me.

I’m about to hate this finish I think.

I would’ve liked Blood to win. Could’ve handled Bulls on Parade. I think it’s going to be DMAs

Also, Baby come back? No wonder I couldn’t think of the third song. There’s some real crap from the last few years.

Just checked this, some really vanilla covers in there lol

My all-time favourite LAV (Art vs Science's cover of Harder Better Stronger Faster) didn't even place

Ocean Alley, Lime Cordiale and Spacey Jane finishing so high is embarrassing.

Missy Higgins and Julia Jacklin were way too lowly placed.

Hayley Mary and Polish Club were done dirty.

Overall though, still a better countdown than the yearly one. Plenty of amazing tracks scattered throughout.

Ocean Alley, Lime Cordiale and Spacey Jane finishing so high is embarrassing.

Missy Higgins and Julia Jacklin were way too lowly placed.

Hayley Mary and Polish Club were done dirty.

Overall though, still a better countdown than the yearly one. Plenty of amazing tracks scattered throughout.

my thoughts exactly, I just dont understand the appeal of these generic surf rock bands but the triple j fan girls and fanbois can't help but vote for anything and everything they release EVERY SINGLE COUNTDOWN :tearsofjoy:

stoked to see Violent Soho make it, and all my votes seemed to get in which never happens with the annual ones anymore.

would've loved Denzel to win, but DMA's wasn't a bad consolation and far better than the above bands pulling it off.

my thoughts exactly, I just dont understand the appeal of these generic surf rock bands but the triple j fan girls and fanbois can't help but vote for anything and everything they release EVERY SINGLE COUNTDOWN :tearsofjoy:

stoked to see Violent Soho make it, and all my votes seemed to get in which never happens with the annual ones anymore.

would've loved Denzel to win, but DMA's wasn't a bad consolation and far better than the above bands pulling it off.

The Spacey Jane obsession in particular just doesn't make sense. I think they're a perfectly OK, if somewhat bland, band. But how they get so many votes every year is one of the great Australian mysteries.

Outside those three however the top 20 was pretty damn good. Though I don't really get the love for the King Stingray LAV. Love the band otherwise, but that one was a bit of a fail for me.

The Spacey Jane obsession in particular just doesn't make sense. I think they're a perfectly OK, if somewhat bland, band. But how they get so many votes every year is one of the great Australian mysteries.

Outside those three however the top 20 was pretty damn good. Though I don't really get the love for the King Stingray LAV. Love the band otherwise, but that one was a bit of a fail for me.

I'm just not on board with King Stingray's vocalist, find his voice extremely irritating however I appreciate their sound all up.

re Spacey - think they just appeal to all the twelvies that flood the voting these days haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back