Triple J Hottest 100 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bet Easy have a market up for the outright winner. Some pretty good odds. Anyone like anything? Hasn’t been that great a year like last year. Nothing really stands out for mine.

Last year some of us made a bit of coin from these markets. Hopefully we can do the same this year. Didn’t want to ruin the thread in the Music forum so I started a new one here.

I didn't know Triple J still existed outside of the Doctor Karl segment

Music there has been in a dire, dire spiral downwards for at least the last 5 years

Yeah hasn't been a great year. I'd guess top 2 of Be Alright and Confidence, neither are particularly special so I wouldn't be surprised if a smokey was right up there. I'm good, tints and 1999 wildfire could do a bit better than the odds are suggesting I think.

Sportsbet have odds up to which are a bit out there, not sure why they're so big on Drake. I think there could be value there again when they put some exotic markets up, although they will probably limit how much we can put on after being cleaned up last year.

Yeah hasn't been a great year. I'd guess top 2 of Be Alright and Confidence, neither are particularly special so I wouldn't be surprised if a smokey was right up there. I'm good, tints and 1999 wildfire could do a bit better than the odds are suggesting I think.

Sportsbet have odds up to which are a bit out there, not sure why they're so big on Drake. I think there could be value there again when they put some exotic markets up, although they will probably limit how much we can put on after being cleaned up last year.

Drake is the biggest artist in the world, $8 for Gods Plan is decent odds

Drake is the biggest artist in the world, $8 for Gods Plan is decent odds
Oh I get that he's massive, I don't think that will necessarily translate to a high position. Hotline Bling and One Dance were inescapable but didn't really challenge the top 10, I just don't think he'll get enough of the 'triple J listener' vote. Plus he has 3 big songs competing against each other, In My Feelings will be higher than God's Plan I think.

Good to see a thread on the punting board this year. Waiting for the BYO markets once they come out, which is generally in the days before the event. Last year had some ridiculously priced markets. Let's hope for more of the same.

following. early predictions: confidence and be alright

was hoping some anderson .paak momentum from his album but didnt seem to be a real standout song

i thought this is america was overs to start with. Childish Gambino historically polls well. Amy Shark also shown she can get votes and is probably bigger now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing It would be the worst winner of all time no doubt, pretty nothing song. It has no chance though. From what I understand from Spotify data (People have their shortlists as playlists, which can be extracted pretty easily) that the winner can only really be Confidence/TIA/Be Alright/I Said Hi and a smokey to place really high is Peach by Broods, which is surprisingly popular.

Looking at BetEasy the odds seem to have shifted more accurately and away from Drake and a few others. Sportsbet still seem a bit odd, hopefully they offer exotics early as there should be crazy odds again. Looking for value on a winner would still be Confidence in double figures, which I think will be top 2.

Losing It would be the worst winner of all time no doubt, pretty nothing song. It has no chance though. From what I understand from Spotify data (People have their shortlists as playlists, which can be extracted pretty easily) that the winner can only really be Confidence/TIA/Be Alright/I Said Hi and a smokey to place really high is Peach by Broods, which is surprisingly popular.

Looking at BetEasy the odds seem to have shifted more accurately and away from Drake and a few others. Sportsbet still seem a bit odd, hopefully they offer exotics early as there should be crazy odds again. Looking for value on a winner would still be Confidence in double figures, which I think will be top 2.

Just don't think Confidence can win as it doesn't impact the mainstream market (which do make up a decent proportion of votes). As much as it would be nice for something that hasn't been spun on Top 40 radio to get the gong. I'll be snapping up whatever's available for Top 5 / 10 though.

back to thinking TIA may win by default as theres been no good songs this year

are any bookies offering cashout? Ladbrokes were at one point but now my bet isnt offering it anymore...

Yeah warmtunas will be the way to go. Think TIA is probably in the lead looking through Instagram. I do think Confidence will go close though and have absolutely hammered it this week, would pick up close to 3k if it got up.

Yeah warmtunas will be the way to go. Think TIA is probably in the lead looking through Instagram. I do think Confidence will go close though and have absolutely hammered it this week, would pick up close to 3k if it got up.

I've hammered TIA @ $4 or greater. Some bookies left the floodgates open and didn't restrict max bets

Confidence @$16 is my hedge but looks like a solid second still. Going hard early with the better odds will set you up down the track. TIA will go into $2s once warm tunas opens

I’m happy to sit with the $10 odds I got for Be Alright a few months back. I couldn’t believe how popular it is when I checked Spotify yesterday. 274 million streams!! That’s more than This Is America and by far the most I’ve ever seen for a triple j Aussie artist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back