Triple J Hottest 100 - 2019

Liljam

Debutant
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
sorry i misinterpreted that. you mean if both songs dont make the countdown its a loss, which makes sense.
Nah one song, sportsbet does sneaky s**t like that, lost a bet last countdown for a similar thing. V annoying when you think it's a win and comes up as a loss

ye olde mole

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah it's surley going to beat it, although *if one song doesn't make the countdown it's settled as a loss* that would be the only risk imo. But totally agree I maxed it out haha

Just some clarification around this...as we had similar concerns last year. Based on payouts last year....bets are refunded if both songs miss the top 100. If one song misses the top 100 the song that misses is deemed the loser (ie the listed song is paid out as a winner).

I can’t recall which head to head I collected on last year where this was the case...but I do know there was one.

PS....on the bet limiting thing. The most they will let me on to win in any hottest 100 market is about $20. Sucks to be me.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Just some clarification around this...as we had similar concerns last year. Based on payouts last year....bets are refunded if both songs miss the top 100. If one song misses the top 100 the song that misses is deemed the loser (ie the listed song is paid out as a winner).

I can’t recall which head to head I collected on last year where this was the case...but I do know there was one.

PS....on the bet limiting thing. The most they will let me on to win in any hottest 100 market is about $20. Sucks to be me.

this is due to your winnings last year no doubt...!

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Nah one song, sportsbet does sneaky s**t like that, lost a bet last countdown for a similar thing. V annoying when you think it's a win and comes up as a loss
it does not state this for the BYO markets though. it is simply a versus market. Drake Gods Plan will probably not even make the top 100 i wouldnt put money on Mantra if it stated those conditions but it doesnt.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
screenshotting it now for reference later but they shouldnt make it this difficult.

if 1 song polls, that song wins.
if both songs poll, the highest rank wins
if no songs poll its either money back or all bets lose. either is fine they just need to state this.

Liljam

Debutant
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
it does not state this for the BYO markets though. it is simply a versus market. Drake Gods Plan will probably not even make the top 100 i wouldnt put money on Mantra if it stated those conditions but it doesnt.
Yeah just be prepared for a long debate with sportsbet, I had three long battles over a total of like $800 for a couple bets one for number of Australian artist (them counting gang of youths appearing 3 times as 3 separate artists) and young dumb and broke, man's not hot, and Hayden James to score lower than 10 (them saying lower than 10 is 9-1) I ended out getting that one but lost a few. I'm just way more cautious now because it's annoying

ye olde mole

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
this is due to your winnings last year no doubt...!

I probably deserve it....I invested $1100 last year for a return of $8800.....good shopping.
They also voided three of my bets on the basis that they framed the market wrong. Two of those three would have been collects which would have edged my return closer to $10k....so they can do sneaky things sometimes.

Liljam

Debutant
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
screenshotting it now for reference later but they shouldnt make it this difficult.

if 1 song polls, that song wins.
if both songs poll, the highest rank wins
if no songs poll its either money back or all bets lose. either is fine they just need to state this.
Good idea, I'll screenshot also

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah just be prepared for a long debate with sportsbet, I had three long battles over a total of like $800 for a couple bets one for number of Australian artist (them counting gang of youths appearing 3 times as 3 separate artists) and young dumb and broke, man's not hot, and Hayden James to score lower than 10 (them saying lower than 10 is 9-1) I ended out getting that one but lost a few. I'm just way more cautious now because it's annoying
yea fair call. best to be wary now before laying down alot. although I do have a few hundred on Mantra v Gods Plan and would not of placed this bet if I saw that T&C. Still think I would win this battle if it came down to it, so feel alright about it.

Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
God's Plan will make the 100. Drake usually has a boost from these warm tuna kind of things, not as much as everyone thinks, but it probably ends up in the 40-60 range.

Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
They started paying out winning bets as losing and losing bets as winning last year, they were all over the shop. If something seems dodgy just live chat with them beforehand for clarification, it did seem like some bets were worded vaguely so they could lose no matter what happened.

ye olde mole

Senior List
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree that Gods Plan makes the 100.....its right on the cusp on the warm tunas list and I expect it will poll higher on the day.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
God's Plan will make the 100. Drake usually has a boost from these warm tuna kind of things, not as much as everyone thinks, but it probably ends up in the 40-60 range.
fair enough, im not convinced that drake just so happens to get a 50% or so vote boost which would get it to position 50. I dont think that song will do well.

Liljam

Debutant
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Could someone please clarify the each way terms 3 places 1/4 odds for the outright winner? Do you get a 1/4 payout if it places? Because that would be great

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190108-140800~2.png
    Screenshot_20190108-140800~2.png
    50 KB · Views: 23

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Could someone please clarify the each way terms 3 places 1/4 odds for the outright winner? Do you get a 1/4 payout if it places? Because that would be great
not that great, what are you thinking... ?

$1.21 for confidence top 3 is good though compared to Beteasy $1.08

just dont think this is worth going after yet or at all

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
im cautious about confidence's lead which is mostly being extended as a result of Direct Message submissions to warm tunas.

Liljam

Debutant
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
im cautious about confidence's lead which is mostly being extended as a result of Direct Message submissions to warm tunas.
Yeah definitely not a guarantee to win, most likely will although it seems to have a very exaggerated lead on warm tunas compared to every other sample I've seen so far. I think wafia is still good for top 10 even at 1:70

langdon19

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
max bet of $588 on the favourite on sportsbet before review

Is it a review for anyone, always a max bet amount for me.
I'd like to know the in's and out of their limited people.
Seems to me if you hit it for the review and get your bet cut Down you are locked out even when the odds change.
If you hit it for $1 less you can perhaps get on again when the odds change. Awaiting aflw to confirm.
Getting a bet knocked back might also get red flagged so to keep your account open I'd wager $1 less than the max bet.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
no real surprise there, past polling history and indie turned pop songs always poll extremely well with the casual JJJ listener. Dean Lewis will also well outpoll the warmtunas.

Waves didn't go too well a few years back but took forever to get consistent plays on JJJ.

Back