Triple J Hottest 100 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Confidence still the favourite but it has to be Losing it that wins. the late money was due to a leak it wins not because they knew it comes 2nd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

notarobot

Senior List
Jan 23, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So I’m pretty sure what happened with the leak is quite early on songs were preprogrammed up to number 4 with the top 3 to be played on the spot so the leak was the top 3 so people just hedged across all 3.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
So I’m pretty sure what happened with the leak is quite early on songs were preprogrammed up to number 4 with the top 3 to be played on the spot so the leak was the top 3 so people just hedged across all 3.
agree. top 3 were told they may get a phone call and they dont actually know who wins. fisher told all his mates to bet on it. All makes sense now for next year

Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
thanks guys, hope to do again late 2019. Or see yous in brownlow thread 2019. cheers
Keen for a brownlow thread, generally delivers good results.

* was an absolute wreck before the final five, was well aware of the late money for Fisher and Sicko mode and thought it was gone, realising Confidence won was a genuinely amazing moment, was so pumped.

Really genuinely appreciate the help from everyone, it was tight but got the dream result from everything.

Last edited:

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I did some hunting around just a note for next year. apparently 100-4 is pretty well known within the whole ABC team (they have to do prerecorded s**t, call artists etc) but the top 3 is a bit tighter. They can work out who's top 3 by elimination and obviously Sicko Mode and Losing It were well price so they got smashed when this info got out. They probably covered all 3 artists and still made money.

I guess that explains why Losing It shortened so much but didnt actually win.

Just worth knowing for next year, the songs that shorten like that on the day of the Hot100 are likely to be in your top 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back