Triple J Hottest 100 - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

People must really be getting on WAP. Now into 3rd favourite overall on SB and has gone right up on the Top 3,5 and 10 markets. Second in the ‘Without HW/BS’ market too. No extra movement on WT though, if anything it has slipped on there. Similar sort of change in odds to what we saw with Travis Scott a couple of years ago.

Anyone holding onto hope that Flume can get up, he’s out to $11 for a win now.
The WAP crunch is also pretty similar to Dance Monkey where it just dropped massively in the final days (to a much lesser extent). There's been a few articles pumping up WAP, suspect it's the casual bettor. Definitely surprised by the lack of Flume love though.

What was the consensus regarding the phone call psychology? Getting a call/voiceover early indicates you aren't winning or just not top 3? Something to keep an eye out for all contenders tomorrow.

What was the consensus regarding the phone call psychology? Getting a call/voiceover early indicates you aren't winning or just not top 3? Something to keep an eye out for all contenders tomorrow.
Last year if you got a call early you didn't win. I loaded up on Billie when she hadn't been on the phone when the other contenders had, it just seemed really odd to me to call them early on in the count.

Will be interesting if they do something similar tomorrow, or if they do it to throw people off.

I'm really torn on WAP, part of me feels like it's a smokey and good chance of top 5, but then again it's hard to get around something that's ranked 16 on Warm Tunas

I
I'm really torn on WAP, part of me feels like it's a smokey and good chance of top 5, but then again it's hard to get around something that's ranked 16 on Warm Tunas
I see WAP as being like Lizzo’s Juice from last year, that went from #15 on WT to #28 in the H100, just a bit more popular.

Yea they called denzel curry ( was one of the 3 outright favourites ) after RICKY came in at number 55 odd. He was confused why they called him then I remember the conversation. Which lead us to hypothesise and sure enough turned out to be correct.

They called tones after a song that came 20 odd I think and it was along the lines of - well we might call you again in an hour or so which was also pretty weird. If they don’t call spacey after Skin and they call ballpark at day and age I would be inclined to think the same is happening ..... Not sure how they go calling internationals though

Like Juice, WAP was barely played on Triple J before voting opened, it'll miss a large chunk of voters who hadn't heard it much, or didn't have it on the radar as something you could vote for (especially the early voters).

WAP has been a far, far bigger song than what Juice was though. One of the biggest songs worldwide imo, it’s been hard to miss. It also has the novelty aspect that people will get behind too.

WT made their final update, now displaying where the songs are likely to between. They’ve got Heat Waves bring likely to finish between 1 and uh... 1.

WAP has been a far, far bigger song than what Juice was though. One of the biggest songs worldwide imo, it’s been hard to miss. It also has the novelty aspect that people will get behind too.

WT made their final update, now displaying where the songs are likely to between. They’ve got Heat Waves bring likely to finish between 1 and uh... 1.
RIP if booster seat wins

WAP to finish on an odd number, get around it

The WAP crunch is also pretty similar to Dance Monkey where it just dropped massively in the final days (to a much lesser extent). There's been a few articles pumping up WAP, suspect it's the casual bettor. Definitely surprised by the lack of Flume love though.

Surely the 99.9% of voters aren't voting for this s**t ******* song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAP is one of those songs that receive negative messages on the text line when it is played. It's not a 'traditional' triple j song. I don't see it top 10, even top 20.
I have gone against it in various markets.
Gflip to beat wap at 1.72 with the limited amount they allow i think is jam jar money.

WAP is one of those songs that receive negative messages on the text line when it is played. It's not a 'traditional' triple j song. I don't see it top 10, even top 20.
I have gone against it in various markets.
Gflip to beat wap at 1.72 with the limited amount they allow i think is jam jar money.

Where is this?

This song is the lay of the century.

Unless half cut me decides to have another ping later on (likely), I’m done for this year.

I’ll be mainly cheering on..

Heat Waves to win (HW outright winner + Non Aus act winner)
The Difference for second (Highest non HW/BS, To beat Cherub and Lost In Yesterday, Exacta with HW)
Therefore I Am top 10 (Bet365, plus group Z on Sportsbet, although can’t remember the songs it’s up against since they suspended that market, lol)
WAP to finish best non HW/BS, only hopped on this cause the $13 odds were enticing at the time, don’t actually have hope for it.

Plus a couple of BYOs (No Rina, Phoebe, RTJ and Pendulum plus No Beddy Rays, Teenage Joans, Hands Like Houses and Sly Withers)

Fairly confident with HW and Flume, others less so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back