Triple J Hottest 100 - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

SB have brought Heat Waves into $2.10, and Cherub into $1.83 for the no BS/HW market.

If anyone here is really bullish about Heat Waves (I have it on top, but not by enough that I would confidently outlay big money at small odds), you can still take $2.40 about the winner being non-AUS

That seems well overs right now.

If anyone here is really bullish about Heat Waves (I have it on top, but not by enough that I would confidently outlay big money at small odds), you can still take $2.40 about the winner being non-AUS

That seems well overs right now.

They’ve now taken the odds for non Aussie artist out to $2.75...

Also if the odds were a little better than $4.00, I’d be tempted to put on for no LAVs to place. Bugs cover of Charlie is falling and votes have really stagnated for it on WT, plus a lot of the votes for are Insta DMs. The only other LAV currently in WT 100 is Polaris, which we already know the over representation of metal for WT. once WT posts the 200 (If they do this year) I might have another look into getting on it at $4.00.

Last edited:

They’ve now taken the odds for non Aussie artist out to $2.75...

Also if the odds were a little better than $4.00, I’d be tempted to put on for no LAVs to place. Bugs cover of Charlie is falling and votes have really stagnated for it on WT, plus a lot of the votes for are Insta DMs. The only other LAV currently in WT 100 is Polaris, which we already know the over representation of metal for WT. once WT posts the 200 (If they do this year) I might have another look into getting on it at $4.00.

Non Aussie artist already into $2, still $2.40 at Pointsbet.. I lean towards Bugs cover not making it at all, although it's probably on the edge. The ones I expected to make it were Lady Marmalade and Paranoid Android but barely seen any voted for them at all so far. Only worry is seeing how much Ocean Alley and Lime Cordiale's covers rose in their years, but BPM and G Flip don't seem to have the polling power they do. $4 is probably slight overs and I'll try and get what I can on (not much with SB) but I reckon G Flip most likely sneaks in.

$2.75 today was probably my last top up on glass animals outright. have a lot on this now.

now just need a bit of a hedge on flume and am sitting pretty for jan 23 :)

Sportsbet surely with some new markets this week! Less than 3 weeks to go... have done a few small lays on betfair but need some new markets ASAP.

Agree RE LAV comments. Potentially 0, maybe 1 or 2....have never been sold on bugs, they are pushing very hard to get the one song in and probably a lot of the votes and DMs are from their close circle.

$2.75 today was probably my last top up on glass animals outright. have a lot on this now.

now just need a bit of a hedge on flume and am sitting pretty for jan 23 :)

Sportsbet surely with some new markets this week! Less than 3 weeks to go... have done a few small lays on betfair but need some new markets ASAP.

Agree RE LAV comments. Potentially 0, maybe 1 or 2....have never been sold on bugs, they are pushing very hard to get the one song in and probably a lot of the votes and DMs are from their close circle.

Where did you get $2.75?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heatwaves looking solid... anyone think it won’t win?
If Flume can match Heatwaves just less than vote for vote on WT or better from here, I can see him winning or it being close. If Heatwaves continues to open the gap on Flume I think it's over. Booster Seat seems to be lagging.

SB have brought Cherub into $1.65 and The Difference out to $3.50 in the Without HW/BS market.

Hadn’t really been following WT super closely last few days and didn’t realise Booster Seat had dropped away to the extent it has. Cherub only a few votes behind now.

What a fizzier this is without beteasy offering at least top 3 and top 10 markets!

Hopeless by Sportsbet.

the rest all too gutless to offer markets too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SB have brought Cherub into $1.65 and The Difference out to $3.50 in the Without HW/BS market.

Hadn’t really been following WT super closely last few days and didn’t realise Booster Seat had dropped away to the extent it has. Cherub only a few votes behind now.
Agree looks good for anti booster seat people like me.
Don’t think I’ll go after this market but still would probably take flume at the value there....

Agree looks good for anti booster seat people like me.
Don’t think I’ll go after this market but still would probably take flume at the value there....
Or something rough like hilltop $19.
But yea will stay away I think

I did a bit of research, and Warm Tunas' sample size has significantly decreased every year. Apart from the fact there are bugger all markets this year, it's why I'm placing less credence in its predictions (for now).

YearTotal votesWarm Tunas votesSample size
20162,255,11065,4122.90%
20172,386,13367,0852.81%
20182,758,58458,4632.12%
20193,211,59645,1221.40%

I did a bit of research, and Warm Tunas' sample size has significantly decreased every year. Apart from the fact there are bugger all markets this year, it's why I'm placing less credence in its predictions (for now).

YearTotal votesWarm Tunas votesSample size
20162,255,11065,4122.90%
20172,386,13367,0852.81%
20182,758,58458,4632.12%
20193,211,59645,1221.40%
Half the votes are yet to be counted (will be this week) Warm tunas should still get to 40,000

Got a suspicion we won’t break total vote records this year due to other distractions ? But that remains to be seen

Attachments

• 35E2F3B8-A78E-4B38-A04E-709670A8DE6F.jpeg
    35E2F3B8-A78E-4B38-A04E-709670A8DE6F.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 33
Rough top 10 prediction

10 Tame Impala- Lost In Yesterday
9 Powfu- Death Bed
8 Hilltop Hoods- I'm Good
7 GFlip- Hyperfine
6 The Avalanches- Running Red Lights
5 Eves Karydas- Complicated
4 Flume- The Difference
3 Spacey Jane- Booster Seat
2 BPM- Cherub
1 Glass Animals- Heat Waves

Would also have a crack at Jungle Giants, Juice World, possibly Mallrat or Lime Cordiale for top 10 place if good value.

best pre vote prediction ive ever seen considering current tallys.

still a chance to get all 10 inc. the additions below... ?

Last edited:
best pre vote prediction ive ever seen considering current tallys.

still a chance to get all 10 inc. the additions below... ?
Powfu is about 150 as said, probably not the best call. Top end is going exactly as expected though, especially Booster Seat on top early tunas. Got most of the top 10, think Avalanches will have trouble though, looks like Mallrat/Jungle Giants/possibly Wap instead. Didn't see WAP coming at all. If only they had decent markets out early this year.

Btw caught the first hour of the tally room last night. They may have said more later but their big reveal on how tight it is was that 5 and 6 are about 100 votes apart, which suggest #1 has a pretty comfortable lead.

For the group odds, I don’t mind Billie Eilish (Therefore I Am) to beat Hilltop Hoods and Smith Street Band at $5. It’ll well and truly beat SSB but will be close with Hilltop Hoods.

Also, less likely but I might pop a little on Running Red Lights at $5.50 to beat Jungle Giants, Stace Cadet & KLP and Eves Karydas. I believe they’ll all be around the 10-20 range and quite close so less confident on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back