Triple J Hottest 100 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

365 still haven’t settled bets. Must be doing a recount.

Live footage:

HarmlessResponsibleBandicoot-max-1mb.gif

If the meme song wasn't actually good then yeah it would jump the shark but the thing about the cover was it was genuinely surprisingly good

If one of Tom Cardy's songs won then we would have been in trouble

BYOs really saved the day, as did Bet365 having The Wiggles at $12 early on.

Wins:

Ocean Alley top 30, No Slowly Slowly or Sly Withers top 60 @5.25 (My BYO)
No Tkay Maidza, Royal Blood, Avalanches or Architects in top 100 @2.75
No Wet Leg, BMTH, King Stingray or Amyl in the top 20 @6
Olivia Rodrigo to beat Billie and Lorde @2

Losses:

Olivia Rodrigo to win
Lorde top 10
Billie Eilish most songs (was $41, had to have a ping)

Good day overall again, solid wins still, even if they’re a step down from previous years. Tom Cardy blew me away, where did that come from? I know he’s done stuff for Triple J, is he a TikTok guy? In the years of Warmtunas that’s got to be well and truly the biggest jump from prediction, even if we all expected it to be less accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BYOs really saved the day, as did Bet365 having The Wiggles at $12 early on.

Wins:

Ocean Alley top 30, No Slowly Slowly or Sly Withers top 60 @5.25 (My BYO)
No Tkay Maidza, Royal Blood, Avalanches or Architects in top 100 @2.75
No Wet Leg, BMTH, King Stingray or Amyl in the top 20 @6
Olivia Rodrigo to beat Billie and Lorde @2

Losses:

Olivia Rodrigo to win
Lorde top 10
Billie Eilish most songs (was $41, had to have a ping)

Good day overall again, solid wins still, even if they’re a step down from previous years. Tom Cardy blew me away, where did that come from? I know he’s done stuff for Triple J, is he a TikTok guy? In the years of Warmtunas that’s got to be well and truly the biggest jump from prediction, even if we all expected it to be less accurate.
His count needs a big tweak

Lots of stuff was in there that werent in his count

Lots of LAV’s jumped in there and a lot of American rappers don’t get any mention at all, Tyler The Creator and Drake for example. Doja Cat with 5, Kanye with 4 also out of left field.

His count needs a big tweak

Lots of stuff was in there that werent in his count

Lots of LAV’s jumped in there and a lot of American rappers don’t get any mention at all, Tyler The Creator and Drake for example. Doja Cat with 5, Kanye with 4 also out of left field.
His count is a count. It's objective data. You can't tweak a count.

If one really wanted to, they could analyse the inherent biases in the Tunas count versus the actual Hottest 100 for and against certain artists and genres which have been established over the years and try to come up with a separate subjective prediction that takes both the count itself and those biases into consideration, but that would be a separate thing. The count is what it is.

Hahahahaha it’s been worth following these threads for 5 years just for that. I genuinely laughed out loud. Well played sir.

Why is that laugh out loud worthy?

The way they’ve woven the samples has it very much a timeless classic.

Hasn’t felt like anything negatively antiquated

Why is that laugh out loud worthy?

The way they’ve woven the samples has it very much a timeless classic.

Hasn’t felt like anything negatively antiquated
No sorry mate, you’re completely right it’s an absolute classic album and in retrospect it is clearly one of, if not the best song in that countdown.

I misread your comments as a delicately crafted piece of ironic sarcasm, the way it fell into the thread of shock/surprise/disgust at what actually made this years count down. My bad, But still bravo for the unintended comedic timing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back