triple j Hottest 100 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think this is a Hoops-like situation in that Elephant probably wasn't the number 1 song for a lot of people individually, but was easily in their top ten. Probably higher in the top ten on average than Hoops though.

Not that I feel like the H100 is that important anymore but the top 2 is just a reminder of how detached I am from it now.

As other people have stated, I believe that most covers should be withheld from voting to allow for original music to be written. From time to time a released cover on someone’s album would probably be fine but the actual Like a Version stuff being able to be voted for seems wrong.

I get that these are their rules etc but I think it would serve a better purpose to reward original music.

And wtf is with JJJs poor Facebook feed? All the cricket s**t that was being commented on every post - seemed trivially humorous for about 1 or 2 posts but every post? Came across so childish by their followers.. maybe there is some genuine low IQ out there…

Not that I feel like the H100 is that important anymore but the top 2 is just a reminder of how detached I am from it now.

As other people have stated, I believe that most covers should be withheld from voting to allow for original music to be written. From time to time a released cover on someone’s album would probably be fine but the actual Like a Version stuff being able to be voted for seems wrong.

I get that these are their rules etc but I think it would serve a better purpose to reward original music.

And wtf is with JJJs poor Facebook feed? All the cricket sh*t that was being commented on every post - seemed trivially humorous for about 1 or 2 posts but every post? Came across so childish by their followers.. maybe there is some genuine low IQ out there…
All the LAVs were garbage this year. Only their obsessed fans vote for them. Everyone else would never give them a second listen.

what an absolute waste of space having those painfully lame Tom Cardy tracks in there was.

as for the LAV’s - the best ones didn’t even crack the 200, SFK’s cover of Cardigan and Sly Withers’ one of The Scientist.

this was the poppiest H100, the amount of tracks Rodrigo and Doja got in is just sad, but that’s the demographic the station is targeting now to try and stay relevant.

The irony is the Like A Version winner is more musically complex and interesting than 90% of the Top 100.

The Wiggles might be a kids group, but they are all decent musicians who can transition through quite a few instruments. The guitar solo in Elephants is a piece of piss for Murray who can actually shred. (Look at some his live clips with DZ Deathrays)

Far better a tastefully arranged cover than a disposable 4-chord pop rock song.

Is Hoops by The Rubens given a run anywhere these days?
There was a story doing the rounds a few years back, that one of the members of Metallica took their kids to see the Wiggles, and Murray saw them and jumped into an impromptu version of enter sandman's intro as a warmup to another song.

what an absolute waste of space having those painfully lame Tom Cardy tracks in there was.

as for the LAV’s - the best ones didn’t even crack the 200, SFK’s cover of Cardigan and Sly Withers’ one of The Scientist.

this was the poppiest H100, the amount of tracks Rodrigo and Doja got in is just sad, but that’s the demographic the station is targeting now to try and stay relevant.
Are they happy the direction the station is heading? It’s all governemnet funded anyway isn’t it, who cares about ratings?

If it was about ratings they wouldn’t have such s**t hosts too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think this is a Hoops-like situation in that Elephant probably wasn't the number 1 song for a lot of people individually, but was easily in their top ten. Probably higher in the top ten on average than Hoops though.
True, but the Elephant cover is a much better song than Hoops though.

I like Spacey Jane in general but geez they over preformed this year. Their LAV was a boring, direct cover that had no place in the 200. Lots of Nothing beating GoY and Rodrigo was an absolute shock too.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back