Triple J Hottest 100 - 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the odds this year? Got on Steve Lacy when he was at $23 on SB, down to $6 now.

Little unsure how it’ll go this year, Flume is clear favourite with all markets but his new album didn’t really seem to hit it off like the last. Although that doesn’t really matter with Flume, people will vote for him regardless.

Not sure if there's an official thread on it but could B.O.T.A feature?
Those dance tracks don’t really go too well in Triple J countdowns.

But has been a very ordinary year for new music so anything can happen. Just stick to what’s popular on TicToc.

Was hoping Rufus would pull a rabbit out of the hat with their LAV but doubt their Nirvana cover will attract many votes.

Flume didn’t even crack the top 10 in the album poll, interesting. Didn’t really feel like the album had anywhere near the impact as his others.

I have some interest in Ball Park Music, currently paying $51 on Ladbrokes. Stars in My Eyes is currently running 2nd on the r/triplej user votes (admittedly it's a tiny sample size at this stage). Knowing Ball Park, they will run a relentless campaign on socials.

SB have brought Flume and Eliza Rose into 2.50 and Steve Lacy out to $5.

No update on Warmtunas yet, wonder if he’s struggling to find enough social medias posts to be able to create any decent data from it? Have had a look myself on Insta and there’s really not a whole to go off, doesn’t take long before you get to last years posts.

Just browsing the market and Harry styles is $15 but you can't even vote on the campaigner on the triple j website? Is this just blatant fishing for free money from punters who just know the name?

Just browsing the market and Harry styles is $15 but you can't even vote on the campaigner on the triple j website? Is this just blatant fishing for free money from punters who just know the name?
You can manually search and vote for him, and tbf if there was ever a chance for a write in vote to place highly I’d say As It Was has a decent shot.

The real robbery is I’ve seen Rufus Du Sol low $10s and they didn’t even release a new song this year, barring a like a version that isn’t on the voting list either.

You can manually search and vote for him, and tbf if there was ever a chance for a write in vote to place highly I’d say As It Was has a decent shot.

The real robbery is I’ve seen Rufus Du Sol low $10s and they didn’t even release a new song this year, barring a like a version that isn’t on the voting list either.
Good catch on Rufus. They performed at the Arias, recently did LAV and are currently touring so will catch a few people out.

Their LAV isn't listed as it falls outside the dates of eligibility. 1st Dec 21 - 30th Nov 22. LAV was on 9th Dec, so next year if ppl remember..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good catch on Rufus. They performed at the Arias, recently did LAV and are currently touring so will catch a few people out.

Their LAV isn't listed as it falls outside the dates of eligibility. 1st Dec 21 - 30th Nov 22. LAV was on 9th Dec, so next year if ppl remember..

It was probably me putting $25 @ 34s. Now out to $23 again. Didnt know they weren’t eligible. Just heard they were doing an LAV.

I don’t mind Lime Cordiale’s Colin. Has come out a bit late in the year though.

Which track?
  • sTraNgeRs
    Bring Me The Horizon
    47 votes (8%)
    Camp Dog
    King Stingray
    49 votes (8%)
    Sitting Up
    Spacey Jane
    50 votes (8%)
    New Gold [Ft. Tame Impala/Bootie Brown]
    Gorillaz
    54 votes (9%)
    Girl Sports
    Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers
    54 votes (9%)

This Is Why
    Paramore
    64 votes (10%)

Say Nothing [Ft. MAY-A]
    Flume
    68 votes (11%)

Stars In My Eyes
    Ball Park Music
    71 votes (11%)
    Hardlight
    Spacey Jane
    73 votes (12%)

in the wake of your leave
    Gang of Youths
    101 votes (16%)

• sTraNgeRs
    Bring Me The Horizon
    47 votes (8%)
    Camp Dog
    King Stingray
    49 votes (8%)
    Sitting Up
    Spacey Jane
    50 votes (8%)
    New Gold [Ft. Tame Impala/Bootie Brown]
    Gorillaz
    54 votes (9%)
    Girl Sports
    Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers
    54 votes (9%)

This Is Why
    Paramore
    64 votes (10%)

Say Nothing [Ft. MAY-A]
    Flume
    68 votes (11%)

Stars In My Eyes
    Ball Park Music
    71 votes (11%)
    Hardlight
    Spacey Jane
    73 votes (12%)

in the wake of your leave
    Gang of Youths
    101 votes (16%)
Can’t take anything away from that when Paramore is 5th and the Girlsports track is 6th

Think Flume wins the thing

Looks like that novelty dance track isn’t fairing too well on warmtunas either

Still feels pretty open. Tunas always underrates/under represents like Dance tracks & overrates heavy rock like BMTH. Bad Habit now in the top 10. Lacy winning still in play for mine.

Warmtunas will have more counted than last year which is a bit of a surprise. WTs number 1 finished at 540 votes, where GOT currently sit at around 520, and should definitely overtake it.

So hard to call this year, don’t really have absolute confidence in any one song in particular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back