triple J Hottest 100 of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

2002 on Double J today was fantastic. Incredible that Dave Grohl featured in 10 of the songs (4 with Foo Fighters, 5 as drummer with QOTSA and 1 with Nirvana). Shame "hard" rock just doesn't seem to crack the top 20 anymore, let alone the 100. I always think I'm out of touch, but I realise it's the children who are wrong.

Have to remember that the H100 never completely reflects the actual day to day JJJ listeners.

You get a lot of blow ins that only tune in for the one day a year and just vote for whatever they've heard somewhere else (primarily Tik Tok these days it seems).

Have to remember that the H100 never completely reflects the actual day to day JJJ listeners.

You get a lot of blow ins that only tune in for the one day a year and just vote for whatever they've heard somewhere else (primarily Tik Tok these days it seems).
I'll admit this is me. I used to listen to Triple J religiously during the 2010-2015 era when there used to be a tonne of good indie bands and sounds. I dont know if that type of music stopped being played, I grew out of it or if they just shifted more to Aussie soft rock, metal/alt rock and other stuff but every time i turn on Triple J these days its awful. But i still vote in the Hottest 100 every year based off of the music I listen independently. I limit my selections to what they have in the short list though, so by extension I only vote for stuff that Triple J plays as it has to have been played to make the shortlist.

Yep and they end up making a lot of noise
This year it was for BOTA…fair push but not enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BOTA was bland but what in the * was Bad Habit? That was terrible. I'm no fan of Lizzo, but at least there was something to that track that I could understand some people might like.

another track that got super popular due to Tiktok, seems to be the new trend now sadly

I don't mind BOTA and Bad Habit (and About Damn Time). Every year now there are a few mainstream chart hits near to the top and in contention, and those were some of the better options on offer this year so I can easily live with them (given some of the drecky alternatives). First Class at #12 was lame though.

I don't mind BOTA and Bad Habit (and About Damn Time). Every year now there are a few mainstream chart hits near to the top and in contention, and those were some of the better options on offer this year so I can easily live with them (given some of the drecky alternatives). First Class at #12 was lame though.

its a shame, Jack Harlow blew up with WHATS POPPIN' and the remix he had with DaBaby, Tory Lanez and Lil Wayne was great, but this album did nothing for me, I dont mind Nail Tech but First Class sounded so "mailed in" and the only track i rated was 'Churchill Downs' with Drake actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back