Triple J Hottest 100 of the Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think Violent Soho can actually take it out? Keeps extending its lead on warmtunas.

I don’t understand how he does his count but since day 1 the top 10 or 20 have hardly changed at all. It doesn’t seem reliable at all.
nah, will drop more than bulls on parade

Yeah Soho will drop massively, think it's still top 5 though as I doubt there's a massive commercial kind of vote still to come in.

I think warm tunas is a little broken though, it doesn't seem to be picking up votes for some songs. Innerbloom for example hasn't changed from 57 votes in days but I've seen it poll on instagram multiple times.

Yeah Soho will drop massively, think it's still top 5 though as I doubt there's a massive commercial kind of vote still to come in.

I think warm tunas is a little broken though, it doesn't seem to be picking up votes for some songs. Innerbloom for example hasn't changed from 57 votes in days but I've seen it poll on instagram multiple times.
mustnt be reading the artist name properly. or the U letters causing an issue. RUFUS or RUFUS DU SOL too.

From the Triple J reddit - someone is compiling the total votes from the "voting" thread they have going. It's kinda like an even smaller version of warmtunas so probably completely irrelevant but still kinda interesting to compare.

I guess Ladbrokes arent giving out any more odds on Forgotten Gems to make the Top 100.

Asked for odds on Disclosure - Latch to make the top 100 and they put up 40-1 for it to win. Now it’s made its way into warmtunas 100......

I guess Ladbrokes arent giving out any more odds on Forgotten Gems to make the Top 100.

Asked for odds on Disclosure - Latch to make the top 100 and they put up 40-1 for it to win. Now it’s made its way into warmtunas 100......
When was this $40?

Given I think the most songs artist market will most likely be multiple artists dead heating on 4 (only a couple have a chance of getting to 5) the $15 for Kendrick Lamar is still value.
Realistically about 6 artists can get to 4 songs and the other 5 are all under $5.50

Given I think the most songs artist market will most likely be multiple artists dead heating on 4 (only a couple have a chance of getting to 5) the $15 for Kendrick Lamar is still value.
Realistically about 6 artists can get to 4 songs and the other 5 are all under $5.50
Flume at a minimum will get 5 so I wouldn’t bet any others unless 5 songs look promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With how SB and Ladbrokes are looking now, I’m happy to hedge my bets and leave it at that until the countdown unless some particularly good markets come up.

Gotye at $6, Soho at $7 and Riptide at $12 on Sportsbet are the genuine chances that I haven’t gotten on yet, with Breezeblocks and Pumped Up Kicks at $21 (currently sitting top 10). Ball Park are also at $21 but I don’t have a heap of hope with them. Ladbrokes have Flume and Rufus at $9 (Which has lost most of its momentum), and Lorde at $34.

I’ve got Do I Wanna Know and Magnolia at pretty crazy overs so I’m definitely going to cheering those home, but I’m also pretty happy with where I’ve got Tame Impala as well.

Not sure how others are voting but I really shortened it down to 1 vote per band, I think GoY will really get impacted there because hard to split LMDE and Magnolia.

Also would have had 212 50:1 to make the top 100.

Tunas numbers need shuffling but the list very strong, looks good to me.

Anyone want to have a crack at any songs not currently in the 100 a chance of making the top 30. Or sure things to make the count?

so does that reason alone rule it out? Gonna be higher this year by the looks.

It's definitely a chance, hard to be sure out of the contenders which will break away, but just because it was 21st in it's year doesn't rule it out. As said before, GoY had 3 songs in the top 10 2 years later, and this seems to be their go to song. But also think the split with LMDE will be a factor, it's probably the more famous song and the push for Magnolia over it could just be a bit of online hype. I'd still want big overs for it.
With how SB and Ladbrokes are looking now, I’m happy to hedge my bets and leave it at that until the countdown unless some particularly good markets come up.

Gotye at $6, Soho at $7 and Riptide at $12 on Sportsbet are the genuine chances that I haven’t gotten on yet, with Breezeblocks and Pumped Up Kicks at $21 (currently sitting top 10). Ball Park are also at $21 but I don’t have a heap of hope with them. Ladbrokes have Flume and Rufus at $9 (Which has lost most of its momentum), and Lorde at $34.

I’ve got Do I Wanna Know and Magnolia at pretty crazy overs so I’m definitely going to cheering those home, but I’m also pretty happy with where I’ve got Tame Impala as well.
Think you're probably on the right ones, don't think there's any reason to bother with Soho or Riptide. Keep an eye on Innerbloom though, not to win necessarily but I think there's a glitch with warm tunas as it's been polling ok from what I've seen but has completely stopped picking up votes on Tunas.

Anyone want to have a crack at any songs not currently in the 100 a chance of making the top 30. Or sure things to make the count?

Yeah aside from Innerbloom not in the 10, I'd say it has most of the contenders picked right.

I'll go with
- Drop the game- Flume/Chet Faker. Currently 100 but pushes top 30 I think.
- I Love It- Hilltop Hoods/Sia will overpoll and make it.
- You Were Right- RUFUS to make it easily
- Feels like we only go backwards- Tame Impala will be there
- Thinkin about you- Frank Ocean
- Ultralight Beam to be ahead of one or two of the other Kanye songs in there
- Australian bands that always do well like Ball Park Music, DMA's, San Cisco, Jungle Giants will probably pick up 1 or 2 more

A top 30 surprise (from outside the predicted 100) would be hard - if it does happen it's likely to be a commercially popular song...off the top of my head (and I'm not even sure if all of these were on the voting list):

* Lanterns - Birds of Tokyo
* Be Alright - Dean Lewis
* Never Give Up - Sia
* I Love it - Hilltop Hoods/Sia
* Take me to Church - Hozier

For the 100 there will be all sorts of surprises. There's already about 14 Kanye songs polling well, but I have a soft spot for No Church in the Wild.

It's definitely a chance, hard to be sure out of the contenders which will break away, but just because it was 21st in it's year doesn't rule it out. As said before, GoY had 3 songs in the top 10 2 years later, and this seems to be their go to song. But also think the split with LMDE will be a factor, it's probably the more famous song and the push for Magnolia over it could just be a bit of online hype. I'd still want big overs for it.

Think you're probably on the right ones, don't think there's any reason to bother with Soho or Riptide. Keep an eye on Innerbloom though, not to win necessarily but I think there's a glitch with warm tunas as it's been polling ok from what I've seen but has completely stopped picking up votes on Tunas.

Yeah aside from Innerbloom not in the 10, I'd say it has most of the contenders picked right.

I'll go with
- Drop the game- Flume/Chet Faker. Currently 100 but pushes top 30 I think.
- I Love It- Hilltop Hoods/Sia will overpoll and make it.
- You Were Right- RUFUS to make it easily
- Feels like we only go backwards- Tame Impala will be there
- Thinkin about you- Frank Ocean
- Ultralight Beam to be ahead of one or two of the other Kanye songs in there
- Australian bands that always do well like Ball Park Music, DMA's, San Cisco, Jungle Giants will probably pick up 1 or 2 more

Drop The Game / Get Free were the two i was surprised being so low. I think Get Free only just come into the 100 too.

A top 30 surprise (from outside the predicted 100) would be hard - if it does happen it's likely to be a commercially popular song...off the top of my head (and I'm not even sure if all of these were on the voting list):

* Lanterns - Birds of Tokyo
* Be Alright - Dean Lewis
* Never Give Up - Sia
* I Love it - Hilltop Hoods/Sia
* Take me to Church - Hozier

For the 100 there will be all sorts of surprises. There's already about 14 Kanye songs polling well, but I have a soft spot for No Church in the Wild.
A couple of other commercially popular songs that aren't in WarmTunas but could come in would be Uptown Funk and Feel It Still.

Courtney Barnett with Pedestrian At Best and/or Avant Gardener.

90% hate her but she racked up votes with these songs because she has a niche market that love her.

Undoing could be vote splitting if people, like me, only put in one of her songs for variety in my top 10 even though I probably could have had 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back