Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hottest 100 of the Decade Key Dates
9am AEST Tuesday, 11th February: Voting opens
12pm AEDT Monday, 9th March: Voting closes
Saturday, 14th March: Hottest 100 of the Decade countdown

Sportsbet has a market up. Anything we like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have thought would be a battle between Riptide and Somebody that i used to know.
Does being sick of a song count in this one? definitely heard Riptide way too many times. Somebody i used to know i rarely hear strangely,

My personal faves are Lonely boy the black keys and High by Peking Duk

overs would be Get Lucky at $24 or is that another one that has been played too much?

Would have thought would be a battle between Riptide and Somebody that i used to know.
Does being sick of a song count in this one? definitely heard Riptide way too many times. Somebody i used to know i rarely hear strangely,

My personal faves are Lonely boy the black keys and High by Peking Duk

overs would be Get Lucky at $24 or is that another one that has been played too much?

If you like riptide you may want to head over to Ladbrokes quick smart

Screenshot_20200129-232732.png

Hit Billie most songs in the 100 @32 pretty hard on Neds. Little bit on hilltop hoods too. My guess is humble 1st bad guy 2nd never be like you 3rd. Strong bias towards the last few years is my prediction.

Hit Billie most songs in the 100 @32 pretty hard on Neds. Little bit on hilltop hoods too. My guess is humble 1st bad guy 2nd never be like you 3rd. Strong bias towards the last few years is my prediction.

The top songs will be from earlier in the decade or evenly distributed but the top 100 will have a large portion of 2016 or later at the lower numbers IMO.

Expecting most people to pick similar songs from first 5 years and more diverse in the last 5 years.

I’ve jumped on tame impala and gang of youths for most songs (tame has 3 albums in the decade, goy has 2) and confidence winner @101 on Sportsbet

Warm tunas has posted saying they’re gonna tally this too so mostly waiting till that starts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking the look of Gang Of Youths - Magnolia at $81 on Sportsbet. GOY have rocketed in popularity, and Magnolia was their first big one. Fair chance their more recent tracks will steal votes from it, but at $81 it’s definitely worth a small crack.

Tame Impala - Feels Like I Only Go Backwards at $201, same thought as GOY though, I worry that their songs will take votes from each other, but they are hugely popular.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky looks good as well at $21. They had a whole bunch of songs in their year, but nothing with popularity or staying power as Get Lucky.

Last edited:
I’ve jumped on tame impala and gang of youths for most songs (tame has 3 albums in the decade, goy has 2) and confidence winner @101 on Sportsbet

Gonna jump on Tame Impala too for most tracks. 3 songs in top 52 this year and so many great tracks earlier last decade. $6 the best out there?
Might jump on them to win as well, $19 Sportsbet.

Liking the look of Gang Of Youths - Magnolia at $81 on Sportsbet. GOY have rocketed in popularity, and Magnolia was their first big one. Fair chance their more recent tracks will steal votes from it, but at $81 it’s definitely worth a small crack.

Tame Impala - Feels Like I Only Go Backwards at $201, same thought as GOY though, I worry that their songs will take votes from each other, but they are hugely popular.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky looks good as well at $21. They had a whole bunch of songs in their year, but nothing with popularity or staying power as Get Lucky.

Under the 'I can't even remember these songs' rule I can't see either of these two getting up

Hilltop hoods might pull the most songs. Probably the most top 10s out of anyone with 7 over the decade

That riptide bet is insane. I’m too heavily capped everywhere so hope betfair gets markets up for 1 and top 10. Hopefully there a few strong contenders to make laying viable again.

That's a great get with Riptide. Well done.
I've backed Riptide at $7, Hoops at $67 and Royals at $26 because they are 'not without hope'. I expect the Antipodean artists will do well.

I have also backed Hilltop Hoods at $11 and Vance Joy at $23 for most songs. Every Vance song is eligible and he has a handy back catalogue and a history of performing better than most expect. Clearly Riptide makes it, but any of Fire and Flood, Mess is Mine, Georgie, We're Going Home, Lay it on me and I'm with you could jag slots between 50-100 without surprising me in the slightest.

Take the culture into consideration here.

The last time they did something like this, the percentage of 90s listeners still around 15 years later was much higher than the percentage of 2010 listeners today. the drop-off is a lot more intense. music's become a lot more diversified and subcultures, genres have been made a bit redundant. the push toward way more Australian music and only really established international acts getting notable air time is notable too.

ie Somebody That I Used To Know just seems a bit too long ago, culturally more than time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back