Triple M Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh PULEESE!!!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are -

1. - One of the incredibly small minority who think Newman knows anything worthwhile.

2. - Those odds make it FAR more likely you and he know dick all - and the majority who understand Geelongs "new plan" is actually about fitness and skill level - so WE are actually the clever ones.

3. - That makes YOU one of the slow learners -

For your education -

1. - Teams cannot just "play" direct football as a choice - So Sam's "click your fingers" advice is a CROCK OF SHITE.

What Sam forgets is - you MUST have the players to beable to control the corridor - If you havent, you end up like Richmond two years ago.

EVIDENCE? Carlton recruited Jezza as a coach in the late 80's to "simpify the game plan" - What happened? They got MURDERED by every team that had some level of tactical coaching.

Do you think Eade has changed his basic approach? NO - he has his team lay to its strengths, as does Roos, Worsfold, Thompson and Malthouse.

If they go sideways its because they ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win going straight ahead.

Whether you like it or not - teams that are NOT the highest skilled "aka Geelong until 2007" MUST adopt different strategies.....or die.

Newman conveniently forgets this small fact.

2. - EVERY team would play through the corridor given a choice, the ability and the opposition letting them. BUT to do this you must have enough dominant players to carry it off (Hawthorn for example)

3. - Geelong ended up being good enough to play direct football last year, after 10 years of trying, because they had DOMINANT forwards and goal kicking on-ballers..

All NEWMAN has done is demand what he'd like to see happen on the field- ...direct football, and claim its a tactic - ITs NOT, its an OUTCOME of having the best team on the field.

This way he APPEARS to be clever to the simple-minded like you.

In reality, Thompson has finally got his team skilled and fit enough to do it. If he had asked his team to play that way in 2005, they wouldnt have made the preliminary final - they werent skillfull enough - they missed targets.

IT has NOTHING- NIx, Nada, Nought, Nil , NYet to do with "Celebrity game plans".

..it has EVERYTHING to do with understanding that direct football is the OUTCOME of being the superior force on the field......IT IS NOT A TACTIC. Use it in the wrong situation and the Jezza example will repeat itself. This is exactly what is happening to Essendon atm - they aren't SKILLED enough to take the corridor...and they are getting KILLED trying.

Only the incredibly stulltifyingly STUPID like you and Newman would think a team could do otherwise.
You say Geelong had the cattle. Show me the big differences between their 2006 and 2007 teams. One won the flag, the other missed the finals.

There is next to no difference. Nice try though.

Triple M all round is terrible. Play terrible music and the commentary is terrible. Most commercial radio stations are garbage.
I think the Triple M guys think they are hilarious and are quite comfortable giggling at their own jokes. I want to know about football not their ego.
Agree - MMM is self-indulgent egotistical crap. But I'm not their target audience so it wouldn't worry them what I thought. They are for The Footy Show viewers. Can't stand the commercial stations' constant in-game advertising either. The game is almost becoming secondary to the adverts.

MMM are great to listen to!:thumbsu::thumbsu: (especially in comparison to the crap we have over here in WA...absolute sh*t!:thumbsdown:)

The talkback and the guests they get on are spot on and most of the time the MMM commentators aren't shy to ask some tough questions.

Only downside is the sponsor ads.....but theres always a cost.....

Stream them in over the net here in the west all weekend!

Triple MMM entertain unlike the ABC's boring commentary that would put you to sleep. Brayshaw,Lyon and BT work great together. Sam knows more about the game then most people in th media, some just find it hard to take him serious cause of how he is on TFS.

I've noticed that former Fox Footy commentator Jason Bennett has been on Triple M lately...Has he replaced the great "Madge" McLean??

MMM boys are brilliant! Probably better when your not listening to your own team or a blow out when the game isnt as entertaining as the commentators. Use to love them on channel 9 on a sunday, the banter makes even the biggest blow out watch/listenable

the blokeyness call from MMM is entertaining, but its the 12-1pm slot that i find interesting. garry, jb, bristleman and spud (in his lycra bike riding gear) giving each other s**t. it is on occassions interrupted by sports updates and interviews with players/coaches etc.

i agree with another poster that the 6-7pm show that jb and sam hosted on friday nights (i think it was called the friday rub??) was piss funny. usually took the piss out of the chief.

ive heard or read in a review of footy calling teams that the blokeyness element has crept into 3aw this year moreso. perhaps they've taken a leaf out of MMM (but not too much of course).

i like triple M, and listen to them over 3AW when they're covering my team... pre and post game i switch between the two though, depending on what they're dicussing...

but of late BT has gotten on my nerves... likes to sink the boot into my footy club at every opportunity and i'm starting to get sick of it... might result in me switching to be honest...

Everyone seems to like Triple M, but they get pumped in the ratings... beside SEN.

apart from friday nights, triple M are up against 3AW in terms of the matches they broadcast (the games shown on free to air), whilst SEN are up against ABC covering the games shown on fox...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back